Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: October 21, 2005 - Duane's  (Read 4480 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
October 21, 2005 - Duane's
« on: October 21, 2005, 07:04:22 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10212005

Ray is definitely not afraid of the fuck*ng police.

Not bad but kind of derivative.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
October 21, 2005 - Duane's
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 07:17:39 am »

I actually thought the last three panels were amazing. Just Ray standing there, then him shouting and Teodor cowering in fear, then the actual slap.
I think I just might leave every room shouting, "KISS MY ASS, BITCH! I'LL BE AT DUANE'S!", Mr. Onstad. I just might.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
October 21, 2005 - Duane's
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 08:35:36 am »

what we must ask ourselves is this: (A) was Ray truly unaware of the effects of the black-label, or (B) was he intending to slap Teodor all along?  If B, did Ray bring a crate of alcohol to somebody's house merely to act on fantasies of domestic abuse and white trash platitudes?
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
October 21, 2005 - Duane's
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 09:13:58 am »

Ha haaaa!
Look at Ray's face in the first panel!
He's so into his new purchase.
Logged

pubdoggy

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 89
  • R. Smuckles publicity shot c. 2002
    • View Profile
    • Simon Whitehead Photography
October 21, 2005 - Duane's
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 09:30:43 am »

It would appear that the Black Bottle Brand has exactly the same effect as Stella Artois lager - affectionately called "Wife Beater" over here in Blighty.
Logged
Satori must be something just the same...

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
October 21, 2005 - Duane's
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 10:26:52 am »

Looks like the black one is filled with Gusano Rojo.  You just know that he smashes that bottle and stabs someone on the way to Duane's.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
October 21, 2005 - Duane's
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 11:53:59 am »

My guess for the mysterious black bottle's mood is "overly drama-prone drag queen."
Logged

gearnest

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
    • Prewar Gibson Banjos
October 21, 2005 - Duane's
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 12:06:59 pm »

So is it really coconut rum??? :shock:
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
October 21, 2005 - Duane's
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 06:06:22 pm »

Look at Teodor cower in panel 11... he's such a little bitch.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
October 21, 2005 - Duane's
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2005, 06:21:05 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
Looks like the black one is filled with Gusano Rojo.  You just know that he smashes that bottle and stabs someone on the way to Duane's.

I'll say it again, it's not nice to point out that the strip used to be way more funny than it is now.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
October 21, 2005 - Duane's
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2005, 07:09:47 pm »

Hey, the man's daughter just turned seven months.  I'm surprised he's been turning out a strip at all.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
October 21, 2005 - Duane's
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2005, 07:13:32 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Hey, the man's daughter just turned seven months.  I'm surprised he's been turning out a strip at all.

So what you are saying is people with children are crappy workers.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
October 21, 2005 - Duane's
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2005, 07:20:04 pm »

I sure as hell am these days. But I don't think it's because of the kids.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
October 21, 2005 - Duane's
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2005, 12:26:53 am »

I think my favorite part of this is Ray in profile. Is this the first time we've seen that? The last panel is a real hell of an action shot.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Suckin_Dick

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 56
    • View Profile
October 21, 2005 - Duane's
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2005, 01:01:00 am »

i don't think it's really profile it's more like 3/4s rear.  but frankly, 3/4s of ray's bethong'd rear is more than i really wanted to see today.

kudos mr. onstad.  kudos for showing me a cat's ass.
Logged
suckin dick bought this van.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up