Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are you?  (Read 5804 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Where are you?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2005, 03:21:27 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
See, I have this conceptual problem with geography.  I am absolutely amazed at how close you New England people are to here, and equally astounded at how far away side_show is, and how much farther north.  Cause, like, we live in the same country, so we should be basically neighbours, but you guys are in America, which is basically like a far-away, possibly even made-up land.

I demand a recount!


Oh, I know, I was looking at it thinking basically the same thing.  I'm still deeply amused and somewhat pleased that there is an impenitrable circle of distance around me.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Where are you?
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2005, 05:31:48 pm »

We all want to but don't want to get closer to you, Smells.  To be any closer would mean compulsory Maximum Cuddles, but to be further away would mean a shallow empty existence outside of the realm of Smells' lustre.  You have to find the neutral buoyancy point.

It's a paradox.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Where are you?
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2005, 08:00:14 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"

Gee, slink, at this point you're basically an honourary Canadian anyway.  You should move here.  The girls will love your accent, and with it you will get maximum cuddles every night.  Also: Beer.


I am secretly relying on this being the case when I turn up there all bespoke suited for to be a best man next summer. Oh yeah...

(What was it they said about UofT college girls?)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Where are you?
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2005, 11:35:29 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"


Oh, I know, I was looking at it thinking basically the same thing.  I'm still deeply amused and somewhat pleased that there is an impenitrable circle of distance around me.


You're joking, right? I have an impenetrable circle of really deep water around me. You're just surrounded by tall grass and maybe some hills.

Also, like Slink, my existence is dependent on people zooming out enough to find me and believe in me.

AUG: can you as an admin delete my second, experimental shoutout?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Where are you?
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2005, 01:29:10 am »

On the radio yesterday I heard a really great group from Winnepeg, The Wailin' Jennys.  They told about playing their first gig in 1997 at Sled Dog Music.  They seemed like really nice people, very down to earth and lord they could sing.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Where are you?
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2005, 04:42:34 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "side_show"

Gee, slink, at this point you're basically an honourary Canadian anyway.  You should move here.  The girls will love your accent, and with it you will get maximum cuddles every night.  Also: Beer.


I am secretly relying on this being the case when I turn up there all bespoke suited for to be a best man next summer. Oh yeah...

(What was it they said about UofT college girls?)


Oh, I couldn't be much cruder to you, just imagining your accent, but basically, you will get tail - if tail is what you want.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Where are you?
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2005, 04:48:02 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "side_show"


Oh, I know, I was looking at it thinking basically the same thing.  I'm still deeply amused and somewhat pleased that there is an impenitrable circle of distance around me.


You're joking, right? I have an impenetrable circle of really deep water around me. You're just surrounded by tall grass and maybe some hills.


Oh, but you see that is exactly what amuses me - there is no reason why I should be isolated, where as there is a basic, understandable reason why you are.  

Also, Jough - yes, I'm like a magnet, attactive yet repellant.

Also, Paul, the Wailin' Jennies have been around for ev'a.  I tend to sort of take them for granted, and I like the Vancouver based band the Be Good Tanya's way more than the Wailin' Jennies.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Where are you?
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2005, 08:22:18 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Also, Paul, the Wailin' Jennies have been around for ev'a.  I tend to sort of take them for granted, and I like the Vancouver based band the Be Good Tanya's way more than the Wailin' Jennies.


Is that a Canadian band-naming convention? Could I get some folks together and call them, say, The Slappin' Around Betsys?
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Where are you?
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2005, 10:05:29 pm »

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Quote from: "side_show"
Also, Paul, the Wailin' Jennies have been around for ev'a.  I tend to sort of take them for granted, and I like the Vancouver based band the Be Good Tanya's way more than the Wailin' Jennies.


Is that a Canadian band-naming convention? Could I get some folks together and call them, say, The Slappin' Around Betsys?


My first guess is that the name is a play on "Waylon Jennings."
Logged

Skillator

  • Guest
Where are you?
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2005, 09:41:01 pm »

My marker is not pointing at Surrey but Surrey is the only thing on the map of BC.
We want to forget that we have a Surrey.

I am from Vancouver
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Where are you?
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2005, 11:32:05 pm »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Quote from: "side_show"
Also, Paul, the Wailin' Jennies have been around for ev'a.  I tend to sort of take them for granted, and I like the Vancouver based band the Be Good Tanya's way more than the Wailin' Jennies.


Is that a Canadian band-naming convention? Could I get some folks together and call them, say, The Slappin' Around Betsys?


My first guess is that the name is a play on "Waylon Jennings."


I still want to name a band The Slappin' Around Betsys.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Where are you?
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2005, 03:42:44 am »

Quote from: "side_show"
Oh, I couldn't be much cruder to you, just imagining your accent, but basically, you will get tail - if tail is what you want.


You could easily be much cruder to him. You could tell him that he could get some hot trim, wool or ass. You could tell him that he'd be guaranteed a clam to club every night.
DIRTIEST DUDE IN TOWN.

Also, the Be Good Tanya's are awesome. They are so awesome.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Where are you?
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2005, 04:12:48 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "side_show"
Oh, I couldn't be much cruder to you, just imagining your accent, but basically, you will get tail - if tail is what you want.


You could easily be much cruder to him. You could tell him that he could get some hot trim, wool or ass. You could tell him that he'd be guaranteed a clam to club every night.
DIRTIEST DUDE IN TOWN.

Also, the Be Good Tanya's are awesome. They are so awesome.


Canada - serving up Greasy giraffe Tacos to Euro-accented men from Voyager times to today!

Also, yes the Be Good Tanya's are the best - the play I directed that just ended it's run last weekend ended with "the Littlest Bird" as the actors took their bows.  It was great!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Where are you?
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2005, 07:09:10 am »

Awww!
I just thought of that song and my heart MELTED.
And this is coming from a guy who spent the last hour playing a video game where you smash people in the head with bricks.

SIDE NOTE: "The Warriors" video game is a gift from Christ Jesus himself. It is that good.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Where are you?
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2005, 02:11:43 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
SIDE NOTE: "The Warriors" video game is a gift from Christ Jesus himself. It is that good.

Sorry, but nothing with that much promotion on Spike can possibly be good. I'm even starting to second guess my like of TNG for this very reason.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up