Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My dinner with Onstad.  (Read 4154 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
My dinner with Onstad.
« on: October 23, 2005, 03:30:50 pm »

Okay, so Golfhaus postulated over in this thread that none of us would turn down a dinner with Onstad.  I don't know if that's true or not, but if you were to have a dinner with Onstad, what would the meal be?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
My dinner with Onstad.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 09:21:31 pm »

Is he doing the cooking, or are we?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
My dinner with Onstad.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 10:31:25 pm »

Who's paying?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
My dinner with Onstad.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 10:44:49 pm »

why am i in california?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
My dinner with Onstad.
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 10:49:49 pm »

Despite having watched at least four episodes of Iron Chef a week for the past three months, I do not consider myself much of a culinary expert. If he were making the dinner, I imagine it would consist of several dishes, none of which I had ever had before and at least one that I could not identify if it was a pasta/seafood/chicken/salad/dessert dish. Probably something with abalone or shiitake mushrooms (both of which I can only name because of Iron Chef). I'm not of an adventurous taste, either, so I probably wouldn't eat very much, and then go to Wendy's afterward and pig out.

I'm sure I would be impressed with the alive stuffed animals, however.

ObQuestion: Does this look infected?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
My dinner with Onstad.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 11:18:15 pm »

I guess I would be sorely tempted to freak him out by making a crazy obsessive fan dinner of an inappropriate combination of dishes from the Achewood cookbook. Like Roast Beef's childhood bologna sandwich with Scotch eggs and a Hell Baby.  And then I could remind him of how I made all those dishes and emailed him photographs of them. And he'd eat quickly and then back away very, very slowly, and bolt.  And then I'd post pictures of the event on the messageboard.

But if I decided to give him a break I'd treat us to dinner at a restaurant. Why spoil the event with the stress of cooking.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
My dinner with Onstad.
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 11:50:17 pm »

Is he really fat? Cause if that Kai person is right, I'm not buying him dinner, no sir.  

No sir-ree!
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
My dinner with Onstad.
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 04:39:01 am »

Gee, I don't know - I was imagining a Wonka-esque prize-type situation where Onstand would cook.

I supposed I would expect rissoto, and also some very decent booze.  I would expect a culinary event, but I think it would be equally probable to have a Swanson dinner plopped down in front of me that I had to eat while he glared at me with a cold stare.

Now cooking for Onstad - the pressure's on there:

I'd got with what is regionally suitable to the season, so right now for a fall meal:  Start with a light salad -poppyseed dressing with cranberries and candied almonds over romane hearts partnered with nice german white wine. Then tomato bisque topped with a home-made parma-chip and fresh chopped basil. Main dish would be traditional Herbed French Roasted chicken, potatoes and carrots with sweet onion.  Dessert would be a dense chocolate truffle mousse cake paired with an open bar of classic cocktails.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
My dinner with Onstad.
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 12:54:46 pm »

Dear lawd.. next thing you know we'll all be covering Roy Orbison in cling film.

Or... hell I dunno.. writing Yaoi or something.

Please to be stabbing me in the eye and ending my pain.

(Also I mock with love, maximum cuddles to you all)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
My dinner with Onstad.
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2005, 02:41:16 pm »

Hell with Onstad I'm buying a ticket to Winnepeg.  And I want to see the bat play, too.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
My dinner with Onstad.
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2005, 03:19:44 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
Dear lawd.. next thing you know we'll all be covering Roy Orbison in cling film.

Or... hell I dunno.. writing Yaoi or something.

Don't make me start the "My Cling-Film Yaoi Odyssey With Onstad" thread, dude.

I'm sure Kai would have a lot to contribute. I suspect he has many sordid fantasies about him, a corpulent version of Chris Onstad, and that cow and cow-peeling device he was going on about.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
My dinner with Onstad.
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2005, 03:30:17 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "misterqueue"
Dear lawd.. next thing you know we'll all be covering Roy Orbison in cling film.

Or... hell I dunno.. writing Yaoi or something.

Don't make me start the "My Cling-Film Yaoi Odyssey With Onstad" thread, dude.


Why is it that all our interactions thus far have led to either gay viking poetry or cling-filmed yaoi with Onstad?

Actually, don't answer that.

And if you do write this thing, learn from me and do not post it.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
My dinner with Onstad.
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2005, 03:35:22 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "misterqueue"
Dear lawd.. next thing you know we'll all be covering Roy Orbison in cling film.

Or... hell I dunno.. writing Yaoi or something.

Don't make me start the "My Cling-Film Yaoi Odyssey With Onstad" thread, dude.


Why is it that all our interactions thus far have led to either gay viking poetry or cling-filmed yaoi with Onstad?

Actually, don't answer that.

And if you do write this thing, learn from me and do not post it.

You know, I have no idea? I don't, like, think of yaoi when I read your posts, or anything.

I don't even like yaoi.
Honest.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
My dinner with Onstad.
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2005, 03:56:31 pm »

Fuck Onstad, I think dinner with all of you would be more likely to actually be fun.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
My dinner with Onstad.
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2005, 07:52:21 pm »

fuck*ng Onstad is different subject entirely. You have taken this thread where its founding fathers feared it would go.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up