Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Poll

Have you called Da'Quan?

Yes
- 1 (14.3%)
I hate America
- 6 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: October 23, 2005, 11:12:14 pm


Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Da'Quan: Poet, Massage Therapist, Good Listener  (Read 1250 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Da'Quan: Poet, Massage Therapist, Good Listener
« on: October 23, 2005, 11:12:14 pm »

So the other day we found this lovely card:



Apparently this advertises the services of one Da'Quan: Poet, Massage Therapist, and Listener. It is done with an ink jet on poor quality card stock.

We called Da'Quan and mentioned we found his card, and asked to hear some of his poetry. He said "Aw, HELL no" and hung up.

Perhaps it is some of that 'free form' poetry I've been hearing about.

Since the best advertising is word of mouth, I suggest you, too, call Da'Quan for your daily dose of free-form poetry: 202-627-8292. He'll answer the phone: after all, he is a good listener.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Da'Quan: Poet, Massage Therapist, Good Listener
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 07:29:49 pm »

In my mom's neighborhood there was a beat-up, modified Toyota Corolla with "The Sexy Toy 69" or some such stencilled to the hood and on the license plate. Now there is a newer Dodge Intrepid with the same writing, but now there is a website mentioned on the car as well. TheSexyToy69.com or something like that. On my street there is a modified Suzuki coupe of some sort (the main modification being that the trim and dashboard are bright blue). The only text on this car consists of a phone number poorly painted on to the rear windshield. It seems to me that those cars and that card are transparent, desperate, and unsuccessful plays for tail. If I remembered the website or the phone number I would share with the class.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: [1]   Go Up