Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Mathletes  (Read 2162 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Mathletes
« on: October 24, 2005, 03:04:08 am »

My new favorite band is The Mathletes.  I saw them perform today at the Bacon benefit over at IBP.  I took a really great picture of them just before they played.  

 Most often compared to They Might be Giants they are really quirky and fun.  The Mathletes are led by Joe Mathlete.  Joe writes all of the songs, plays guitar and does most of the singing.  When I first saw them earlier this year I thought wow, that's a really cute girl playing the keyboard.  I've now seen them perform several times and have developed a deep appreciation their music, but still Jenni is really cute.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Mathletes
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 02:03:02 am »

What up mother fucks?  How can you not love a band with a song called Diaperland?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: The Mathletes
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 03:57:56 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
thought wow, that's a really cute girl playing the keyboard.  I've now seen them perform several times and have developed a deep appreciation their music, but still Jenni is really cute.

~Paul


I looked at all the pics and I can't find the cute girl anywhere.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Mathletes
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 06:00:40 am »

You're a bad person, AD.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
The Mathletes
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 06:05:55 pm »

I know. I'm holding out for Gina.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Mathletes
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 04:47:20 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I looked at all the pics and I can't find the cute girl anywhere.

You have sand in your eye.  Ok, that's all i've got.  That's my jerk store right there.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
The Mathletes
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 07:54:49 am »

I know that's all you got Paul.

I know.

<weeps>
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Mathletes
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 03:12:19 pm »

It's gotten very cold in here.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
The Mathletes
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 03:19:09 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
It's gotten very cold in here.


i've had this mental image, of you, paul, saying "what up mother fucks? want some curry?".

the photo of you, with the green food.

only, since i've never seen you in motion, my brain has constructed, from that photo, that you are speaking like the canadians in South Park.  You know how the top of their heads are sort of cut off horizontally, they don't have jaws, the tops of their heads just sort of float:

"what up mother fucks? want some curry?"
"what up mother fucks? want some curry?"
"what up mother fucks? want some curry?"

it's really messing with me.

with the top of your head floating.

"what up mother fucks? want some curry?"

help me.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
The Mathletes
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 04:15:12 pm »

If I had decent image-editing software at work, I would be 10 kinds of all over making an animated gif avatar of this.

As it stands, I'm not going to - but someone's got to, damnit!

We love you Paul.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Mathletes
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 04:37:29 pm »

DO YOU WANT SOME FRITATTA?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
The Mathletes
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 06:46:53 pm »

For the record: Paul is awesome but I don't share his opinion about the girl.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Mathletes
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2005, 03:41:12 am »

Quote from: "arkabee"
i've had this mental image, of you, paul, saying "what up mother fucks? want some curry?".

the photo of you, with the green food.

only, since i've never seen you in motion, my brain has constructed, from that photo, that you are speaking like the canadians in South Park.  You know how the top of their heads are sort of cut off horizontally, they don't have jaws, the tops of their heads just sort of float:

You've pretty much nailed it.  That's me exactly, except replace the Canadian accent with a slow southern drawl.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up