Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Movies you HATE  (Read 22758 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Movies you HATE
« on: October 26, 2005, 04:35:06 am »

What are some movies you hate?

I mean, really, viscerally respond to in such a strong manner that you walk out of the theater, or stop the DVD, or whatever, but that you vow never to watch or even attempt to watch, ever again? What movies have garnered such strong reaction from this Achehead crowd?

Movies that you avoided don't count: you disliked the idea, you were disgusted by the premise, you were repulsed by the cast; no matter, you can't hate the film without experiencing it.

Not Without My Daughter - I couldn't even finish it, even though I had been told that it finishes happily enough.
A.I. - I can't help but feel that Spielberg destroyed by distortion the original project envisioned by Kubrick.
Spanking the Monkey - Admittedly, I walked into it without the slightest idea of the topic. Gave me nightmares for weeks, and still haunts me.



(Inspired by the Prussian Blue thread)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Movies you HATE
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 04:47:35 am »

E.T. is what jumps immediately to mind.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Movies you HATE
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 05:00:40 am »

Matrix Revolutions. What a bloated piece of shit. By the time the 7 minute rave was over, I knew that I could never hate another movie more. I think the thing that really makes me hate it was that my friends all walked out loving it and told me that I didn't get it. There is NOTHING to fuck*ng get.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Movies you HATE
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 05:04:16 am »

I remain viscerally repulsed by big chunks of Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings films -- particularly Gollum, who I fin awkward and inappropriate and... ew, just ew, jesus, what.

Also, The Bicycle Thief made me want to kill myself, and not in a cathartic way.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Movies you HATE
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 05:12:16 am »

There are a few films that I absolutely deplore:

Beverly Hills Cop 3
Speed 2: Cruise Control
Rocky V
Stop, or my Mother Will Shoot!
Mr. Deeds (I do sorta like some Adam Sandler movies, though)
Star Trek: Nemesis

Note that most of them are ill-conceived sequels.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Movies you HATE
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 05:18:49 am »

Meet the Parents.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Movies you HATE
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 05:20:38 am »

Oh, dude, Meet the Parents was fuck*ng cinematic GOLD compared to its sequel, "Meet the Fockers" which landed with a bigger thud than Jim O'Brien did.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Movies you HATE
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 05:43:33 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Oh, dude, Meet the Parents was fuck*ng cinematic GOLD compared to its sequel, "Meet the Fockers" which landed with a bigger thud than Jim O'Brien did.

Oh, my God. Meet the Fockers sucked SOUR FROG ASS. We saw it last year as a family Christmas outing because there were no other movies available -- my omens of terribleness totally ignored. Ignored, I tell you!
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Movies you HATE
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 10:29:00 am »

Something About Mary

Sofa King We Todd Ed..

I don't walk out of movies much but that one I did.  It's not that I mind "gross" humor, I just like it; you know, funny.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
Movies you HATE
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 02:09:57 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Meet the Parents.


Word up.  Word straight up.

I hate The Mirror Has Two Faces.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Movies you HATE
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 02:18:07 pm »

My dad started watching American Pie on TV while I was in the room on the computer one day. I had to put on headphones. Every time I mention this people react with massive disbelief. Kind of like in HS when I said, "Pulp Fiction was OK" and was ostracized for the next couple weeks.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Movies you HATE
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2005, 02:24:01 pm »

Quote from: "aparrish"
Quote from: "Limmo"
Meet the Parents.


Word up.  Word straight up.


Me three.  I found this movie painful, not funny.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Movies you HATE
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 02:24:59 pm »

What About Bob?

I can't believe I watched as much of that as I did, but in the end I had to turn it off, or I'd have punched the TV.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Movies you HATE
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2005, 02:28:09 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
What About Bob?

I can't believe I watched as much of that as I did, but in the end I had to turn it off, or I'd have punched the TV.


I have a love/hate relationship with Bill Murray.  The guy plays the exact same character in every movie, it just depends on if he's Wild and Crazy Early Bill, or More Demure Thoughtfully Funny Bill.


And I'm with you all on the Meet the Parents front and the American Pie front. (Even if I think Alyson Hannigan is 10 kinds of hot on a stick.. gah, why can't she be in anything me likes?! )
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Movies you HATE
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2005, 04:52:35 pm »

Speaking of Bill Murray - Lost in Translation.  And I was positive I could at least tolerate any movie set in Japan.

Also recently that movie about the guys who are obsessed with wine and a title that made no sense - Sideways, or something like that?

I guess there's a theme here about my lack of tolerance for the fantasies of late middle aged movie-making males.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up