Two movies that I am deeply embarassed to admit I liked:
Bubble Boy
and
Ringmaster
(that's right - the Jerry Springer movie)
Since we have a chain of what we call "cheap seat" movie theatres here that have 8 + theatres each playing second run movies and used to charge $1.50 a ticket, and because this theatre was directly in line with our route home from where we worked, my friend and I used to hit that theatre at least once a week and see anything - and I mean anything - it didn't matter how bad it was, it was cheaper than renting and it was actually a really nice theatre. At some point we ended up in Bubble Boy, and to this day, I still have no idea why, but the theatre was practically sold out. We were lucky to get two seats together. Any movie is funny if you're surrounded by other people open to laughing, and for whatever reason, it was a laugh riot - the whole theatre roared. We laughed so hard. As we moved from the theatre into the parking lot, we were silent. Finally, I broke the silence: "so, um, I kind of... liked that.." him: "me too." "So we... we both... liked Bubble Boy?" "Yes, we did." "Oh." "Yeah." "Let us never speak of this again."
Some characters from Bubble Boy, as pulled from imdb:
Jake Gyllenhaal.... Jimmy Livingston
Swoosie Kurtz .... Mrs. Livingston
Marley Shelton .... Chloe
Danny Trejo .... Slim
John Carroll Lynch .... Mr. Livingston
Verne Troyer .... Dr. Phreak
Dave Sheridan .... Mark
Brian George .... Pushpop
Patrick Cranshaw .... Pappy/Pippy
Stephen Spinella .... Chicken Man
Ever Carradine .... Lisa, Mark's Sister
Geoffrey Arend .... Flipper Boy
Beetlejuice .... Li'l Zip
Matthew McGrory .... Human Sasquatch
Bonnie Morgan .... Rubber Woman
Jason Sklar .... Shlomo
etc.
I don't remember anything about this movie really other than that we laughed and then were filled with shame. Looking back, all either of us can remember is that we weren't high, and that the theatre was full.
When it comes to the Jerry Springer movie - same friend, different theatre. I had gotten free passes to some movie through work - neither of us can remember which movie. We arrived at the theatre and were apologized to, somehow the reel for the movie we were to see hadn't been delivered or something. I can't remember the situation. We were told that we could go ahead and "sneak in" to see the Jerry Springer movie, even though it had already started, since they had been unable to sell any actual tickets to the movie. We looked at each other, and couldn't pass up the opportunity to see such unmitigated crap, especially for free, so in we went. The other two people in the theatre, also admitted for free, turned as we entered and snickered to themselves. We sat a couple rows away from them. My friend then realized he needed popcorn, so I was left alone in a theatre with two other people, watching the Jerry Springer movie. Finally, my friend returns with popcorn, and starts loudly whispering "Mel? Mel? Where are you?! Mel?!" The other people in the theatre and I were quite amused at this act. He sat, I started eating his popcorn, then started throwing it at the people in front of us, who started throwing some back at us. It was just so much fun. I don't really remember the movie itself. Something about a hillbilly girl and her mother in love witht he same boy who go on Jerry to sort out their troubles I think. But it was just such a wonderful moment.
Oh! Oh! Another movie I hated was In the Bedroom. WTF, people? I mean WTF? Sooooo boring. I just didn't get why it was so highly acclaimed.
Oh, and Jough, I definitly am jaded when it comes to any god damn musical. We saw Moulin Rouge on its opening night, and I didn't know it was a musical - I thought it was one of those movies with lots in incidental music, not an actual musical, otherwise I wouldn't have gone at all. Boo to musicals. Except The Rocky Horror Picture show and maybe Dancer in the Dark - even though I had my genius friend practically go through that movie scene by scene and tear it apart, I still sort of like it.