Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Important: Contains your embroidered G8 ballcap - 26/10/05  (Read 7610 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Important: Contains your embroidered G8 ballcap - 26/10/05
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2005, 05:59:29 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Oh, you people!  The Shocker?  I love how quickly and openly everyone here talks about these things.  

When it comes to AD's link to Rotten, I saw this article a couple years ago, but seeing it again, it just reminded me how ignorant teenagers can be when they try to look adult and "worldly" - I can kind of understand why the boys are using this jesture, but the girls?  In what appears to be their prom dresses?  With, you know, arbitrary numbers of fingers up?  Do they seriously have a clue?  Did they really think like this? "Gee I'm all pretty in my prom dress, and hey look here comes the yearbook guy - if he's gonna take my picture I want the world to know I'm pretty and I like a finger up my ass."  It's like the whole rainbow party issue.  Kids love to exaggerate and/or repeat things that they've heard refuted or not, and adults are so scared that they're out of touch that they'll take things way too seriously.  In both cases, most of the kids don't know the true/full implications of what they are talking about, joking about, etc.

I read a somewhat interesting book called "Fast Girls" by Emily White, about the slut architype, and in it she tracks down highschool sluts, and checks out the "whole team" urban legend - you know, the one where the story goes that your local teen ho in one night sucked off/fucked the entire soccer, football, hockey, whatever team.  Inspite of several attempts and some open and honest talk with sluts, the boys who have sex with them, and other teens, she was unable to prove this story.  Yet, she was able to find this story being told in nearly every school she checked with in regard to each school's slut or sluts.   I heard the "whole team" rumour about my highschools slut - only it was all the guys on a band trip.


In my day we made damned sure band kids remained virgins until 30. WE accomplished this via a careful campaign of wedgies, swirlies, book dumping and propaganda intended to destroy their self-esteem. What is the world coming to?
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Important: Contains your embroidered G8 ballcap - 26/10/05
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2005, 06:55:57 pm »

Are you kidding me? At my school, the band kids fucked like monkeys- they were getting laid more than any other group. But the thing was- it was only with other band kids. It's like drama kids.

Orchestra kids just never get laid.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Important: Contains your embroidered G8 ballcap - 26/10/05
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2005, 07:56:16 pm »

I think it's because band and drama are the only two groups where you change into uniforms/costumes in a coed environment. And it didn't take long before everybody had basically dated everybody else.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Important: Contains your embroidered G8 ballcap - 26/10/05
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2005, 09:07:23 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Are you kidding me? At my school, the band kids fucked like monkeys- they were getting laid more than any other group. But the thing was- it was only with other band kids. It's like drama kids.

Orchestra kids just never get laid.


Your day and my day are far apart.

And Woodberry Hellos don't count.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Important: Contains your embroidered G8 ballcap - 26/10/05
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2005, 09:25:53 pm »

Being a "drama kid" at my school I can verify it was more than Woodbury Hellos... there were full-on orgies I could go on at length about, but probably won't for all the joys of sweet sensitive ears in the area...

okay I know you sneezejockeys aren't sensitive, but still... you don't wanna know.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Important: Contains your embroidered G8 ballcap - 26/10/05
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2005, 11:16:02 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
And Woodberry Hellos don't count.

OK, this even stumped Urban Dictionary.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Important: Contains your embroidered G8 ballcap - 26/10/05
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2005, 12:27:43 am »

Cort, of all people...

We TALKED about this
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Important: Contains your embroidered G8 ballcap - 26/10/05
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2005, 01:08:02 am »

See, in my group this didn't stop with college. The nerd group here is overall one of the most sexually active groups on campus and also verifiably the most incestuous. ("Okay, I give up. Is there anyone in the Elizabethan a capella choir who has not slept with at least one other member of said a capella choir?") It seems to just be a learned nerd behavior.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Important: Contains your embroidered G8 ballcap - 26/10/05
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2005, 01:13:26 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Cort, of all people...

We TALKED about this

Damn. Maybe I shouldn't have zoned out on that thread.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Important: Contains your embroidered G8 ballcap - 26/10/05
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2005, 01:22:05 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
("Okay, I give up. Is there anyone in the Elizabethan a capella choir who has not slept with at least one other member of said a capella choir?")


Oh my misspent youth.  Of all the Elizabethan a capella choirs I was in, how could it be that not a single one was anything like this?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Important: Contains your embroidered G8 ballcap - 26/10/05
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2005, 03:24:43 am »

Or you could do it my way- go to art school camp. The second year, by the grace of God, get a single.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Important: Contains your embroidered G8 ballcap - 26/10/05
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2005, 06:04:07 pm »

I had the misfortune of being friends with all the band kids, without actually being in band. So when they would go off on their orgy-fest trips, or even just get naked around each other before the game, I was nowhere to be seen.

The worst was when I sat with all of them in English class my senior year - when they left for the trip, I was the only one in my quadrant of the room - right in the middle of it. If you were to walk in and see it, you would be convinced that I had some infectious disease and had to stay at least five feet away from everyone.

So basically, I couldn't screw in the band because I wasn't IN THE BAND, and I couldn't screw outside the band because I was too close to the band. This is why my forearms are so strong today.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up