Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 27 Oct 2005 -- Cheese costs hell of cash money  (Read 3265 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
27 Oct 2005 -- Cheese costs hell of cash money
« on: October 27, 2005, 08:21:51 am »

http://www.achewood.com/comic.php?date=10272005

Funny?  I can't see it.....  

Furthermore, LN does not deserve his own strips.  The only context in which he does not aggravate me immediately by mere presence is one featuring a pissed off "drunkle".
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
27 Oct 2005 -- Cheese costs hell of cash money
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 08:22:37 am »

What, I thought this was fine. The date should be in the thread title.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
27 Oct 2005 -- Cheese costs hell of cash money
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 10:41:10 am »

Meh... other than the implication that all the viewers on hand would go insane from anticipation this one didn't do much for me.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
27 Oct 2005 -- Cheese costs hell of cash money
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 11:41:37 am »

Wouldn't the car stall before it got into the lake or... is it implied that the car will be turned off inbetween inches made?

...perhaps this is a stupid question since I don't drive, but seriously.

Also, yeah, I'd probably get impatient, but I guess patience is everything in reaching a world record.

I think I've put too much thought into this entry and it probably isn't even the good sort :|
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
27 Oct 2005 -- Cheese costs hell of cash money
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 01:05:55 pm »

I guess LN didn't make the connection between records and superlatives and just decided that world records mean doing retarded random things. Which I guess he would be partly right about.

I think my favorite part of this is how it's implied a 1973 Honda Civic costs less hell of cash money than an amount of cheese.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
27 Oct 2005 -- Cheese costs hell of cash money
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 01:23:21 pm »

I dunno, people will give money for stupid shit online. Look at that smash-an-ipod guy who made $500 in like a week.
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
27 Oct 2005 -- Cheese costs hell of cash money
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 02:06:49 pm »

I tend not to find Little Nephew interesting.  This strip, while amusing in concept, didn't really better his average.   They can't all be winners.
Logged

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
27 Oct 2005 -- Cheese costs hell of cash money
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 02:06:52 pm »

I liked it!

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
27 Oct 2005 -- Cheese costs hell of cash money
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 02:16:11 pm »

The best part was the little backwards hat detail in the Civic.

Also, wearing a cape seems downright proper when compared to wearing a shirt with your initials on it.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
27 Oct 2005 -- Cheese costs hell of cash money
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 03:02:09 pm »

god bless us chris onstadt, each and every one!
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

V-Adore

  • Guest
27 Oct 2005 -- Cheese costs hell of cash money
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 03:40:02 pm »

LN is looking significantly less ridiculous lately. What's up with that?

Personally, I view this strip as setup. If it's a one-off, eh. If it's a setup for a plot arc, well, I'll judge the plot arc when it comes to that.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
27 Oct 2005 -- Cheese costs hell of cash money
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 04:55:52 pm »

I loved it. There's tons of funny to be had. I get great enjoyment when Little Nephew tries to Go All Ray On Us and do a thing. It's Ray's desire to make money with something unconventional, with even less sense.

It's also a strip that's not just Ray and Roast Beef having an exchange, which is ALWAYS welcome.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
27 Oct 2005 -- Cheese costs hell of cash money
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 05:54:39 pm »

A long plot arc featuring LN driving 1" per hour might not hold my interest.

Also if they know he's a local boy shouldn't it be pretty easy to find the lake he's at? Especially if it's going to take 3 days to move 6 feet toward the lake?

Also, if we're to recall Guinness Book entries from our youth (I do remember the gross fingernail Indian guy) what about the superfat twins on the mopeds? The dude with 300 cigarettes in his mouth at once? Gina's multi-talented orifice?
Logged

Boring K

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/sleeping_machine
27 Oct 2005 -- Cheese costs hell of cash money
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 10:56:52 pm »

I really hope this is a setup.  I think there's great potential here for an absolutely insane storyline.
Logged

Suckin_Dick

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 56
    • View Profile
27 Oct 2005 -- Cheese costs hell of cash money
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2005, 11:42:50 pm »

i bet we get 96 panels over a week of li'l neph inching ever so slowly closer to the pond.  i'm fuckin taking bets that this is what will happen.
Logged
suckin dick bought this van.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up