Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Aging Hipster Discussions  (Read 8851 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2005, 07:45:01 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
See? Hipsters, whatever their cultivar, are merely a bunch of crap dudes who should be shot into the heart of the sun.


*Points you your, admittedly awesome avatar*

I think that speaks for itself Bobby Dobs.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2005, 07:53:31 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
See? Hipsters, whatever their cultivar, are merely a bunch of crap dudes who should be shot into the heart of the sun.


*Points you your, admittedly awesome avatar*

I think that speaks for itself Bobby Dobs.


Only a Crap Dude would resort to homophobia to justify his own gayness. That's irony for you ironic hipsters.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 08:29:39 pm »

Oh Bobby, when will you stop this pathetic banter and just admit that you love me... deeply and fully.

When?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2005, 05:51:12 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Shut up you fuck*ng punks.

I'm going to 40 in about 2 weeks.

GET OFF MY DAMN LAWN!!!


Oh yeah?  I'm 2fuck*ng6 and have NO IDEA what the fuck I'm going to do with my LIFE (aside from what I'm already doing, which doesn't amount to much).

So there.

Back to my Vodka Tonic.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2005, 07:31:56 pm »

I'll see your 2fuck*ng6 and raise you to 3goodChrist!8.

Except I have to figure it out in a really strange environment (for the time being).

At least it isn't cold.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2005, 09:39:53 pm »

I'm older than AW and I don't know what I'm going to do with my life, either.   (AND it's cold and dark.  Grrr.)

I propose that we all agree that there is no numerical deadline for this decision and that we should all try to relax.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2005, 01:59:48 am »

Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Exactly. I've had it up to here with you kids and your tight trousers and your multicolored suspenders and your Roller Derby and your "podcasting" and your "alternaporn" -- fat ugly men and women doing tame stripteases in bad lighting and somehow it's cool because you are drenching yourself in Pabst Blue Ribbon or Pall Mall cigarettes or something. Fuck you, PBR. Fuck you. It's crap and people who like it are crap dudes.


ok, i've never found another person EVER who agrees with me, but i swear to god pall malls taste like marshmellows.  vaguely.  sort of.

it's been a while.  it was a phase.  i miss export a's, though.

anyways.

if a person is not free to bitch about how their favorite band fits into their own personal world-view, then what then? huh? what then!?  next you know we'll all have to eat puppies.  IT WILL BE THE LAW!  also, why does pinback remind me of geggy tah?  does anyone remember geggy tah?  do i even remember that band?  is that even the correct name?  if only i could be bothered to go back in time and use alta-vista to find out.  anyways, remember that song "all i want to do, is thank you" about thanking the person who let him merge into a different lane in traffic?  that's an awesome song, because it's all about positive reinforcement of the acceptance of the social contract.  i'm big on following traffic laws, because i feel it's all about the social contract.  when you don't use your turn signal, it's pretty much YOU telling ME that you will pretty much gladly feast on my body canabalistically at the drop of the hat because you do not appreciate the social contract.

the best thing about being 30 is finally not being in my 20s.  because, really,

well, i had to go do actual stuff and lost my train of thought.


 That song by Geggy Tah sounds awesome. I've been wanting to write a song about being in freeway traffic. I deffinitely feel traffic laws are far more about common agreement than signs. I flipped someone off for brutally cutting me off a few weeks ago and the guy tried to perform the murder act on me by slowing down. I really got away from myself there. Trying to be idealistic and strong-willed but interpereted as just a jerk who needed to be corrected by near-death.
 I guess this ties in as me gaining experience and learning to compromise as I get older.

 At one point I thought I was hip. I basically believed that my raw charisma would carry me through any lack of content in my life. Then I burnt out and stopped being hip, and had no content in my life. Now I am trying to teach myself computer science and scream into the microphone while hitting drums as fast as I can and feeding back my bass. It is maybe the farthest thing from hip. But it's awesome, and I am very excited about the future.
Logged
I am older now.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2005, 05:30:58 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
Oh Bobby, when will you stop this pathetic banter and just admit that you love me... deeply and fully.

When?


And now, for another episode of side_show theatre:

side_show enters her living room, picks up the phone and dials:

SS: Hey misterqueue - you wanna come over for dinner?  I'm making risotto and beer can chicken.  Wha? No of course Bobby Isosceles isn't coming - I know how you two are fighting.  (beat) Yah, no worries, I'll mix up a Tom Collins for you now.  See yah soon! (hangs up the phone)

door bell rings, SS opens the door, Bobby Isosceles stands in the door way, audience track of audience cheers is played

SS: Bobby!

BI: Hi, I hope I'm not too late!  And I brough Smart Pop!

SS: Wow, Smart Pop! That sounds great, we can eat it while we watch Mean Girls!

BI: (making himself comfortable on SS's couch) Hey, did you check out TOUMB today?  misterqueue's such a bitch.

SS: Oh, Bobby - don't be that way. (takes canned beer out of fridge)

BI: Ah, whatever, I though you were making CUNT marguitas!  

SS: Oh, I am, I just bought this canned beer for the beer can chicken.

BI: Hey wait a minute, isn't beer can chicken misterqueue's favorite?

ding dong! SS opens the door - misterqueue has arrived, audience laugh track is played

BI :  What the hell is he doing here?

MQ:  I though you said he wouldn't be here!

a sissy girl slap fight ensues, stopped by SS's scream:


SS: No!  No!  I can't take it!  Can't you see this is tearing me a part! (SS brandishes a small pearing knife and points it at her chest)  I can't take it anymore!  I made you beer can chicke and risotto and CUNT margurita's and you still can't get along.  A world without understanding is no world for me! Good bye cruel world!  (stabs self is heart)

BI and MQ: Oh no!

BI:  She's - she's - dead!

MQ: I didn't mean for it to turn out this way!

BI: Oh, misterqueue, let's never fight again!

MQ: Yes, let's go watch Pinback - together!

BI: Together?

MQ: Together.

they exit, hand in hand, SS rolls over

SS: gah! Ohhhh.  My heart.  Guys, can you take me to the hospital?  Or at least take the chicken out of the oven?  Guys?  Guys?

wide shot of the exterior of SS's house in flames, audience laugh track, "the end."
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2005, 05:43:07 pm »

I won't eat no Beer Can Chicken with someone who looks like Weezer had a baby with an iMac.


Searching for this picture was hard since I kept searching for Mario Cuomo by accident.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2005, 05:55:54 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
I won't eat no Beer Can Chicken with someone who looks like Weezer had a baby with an iMac.


Searching for this picture was hard since I kept searching for Mario Cuomo by accident.


You know, I was out with a group where I was the only girl and all the guys were gay, and whenever this happens, the guys like to play the "which celebrities are hot according to the only girl in the room, compaired to who's hot to gay guys" game, and strangely enough, the only common ground was Rivers Cuomo.  He is non-threatening in a way that is attractive to both girls and boys, and you should learn to accept that, Bobby.

Also, thanks a lot, I'm dead now.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2005, 06:20:53 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
and now they've stolen my Pinback.  fuck*ng O.C. making all the teenage girlies show up at shows.

They're my Pinback.. not yours.. they've been mine for years you bastards.

You're not mad at the O.C, your mad at yourself for liking a group that, as you now understand, is consistant with the taste of viewers of the O.C.  Discovering that you are lame is difficult to accept.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2005, 06:23:14 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
I won't eat no Beer Can Chicken with someone who looks like Weezer had a baby with an iMac.


Searching for this picture was hard since I kept searching for Mario Cuomo by accident.


You know, I was out with a group where I was the only girl and all the guys were gay, and whenever this happens, the guys like to play the "which celebrities are hot according to the only girl in the room, compaired to who's hot to gay guys" game, and strangely enough, the only common ground was Rivers Cuomo.  He is non-threatening in a way that is attractive to both girls and boys, and you should learn to accept that, Bobby.

Also, thanks a lot, I'm dead now.


You hit the nail on the head in a way hipsters can only do, but not comprehend. Asexual and nonthreatening and sanitized and every hair pomaded into place is UNNATURAL AND WRONG. As is squalor and filth and frayed and loose ends to every endeavour. Which is why grunge and grungists all deserve to go to the same infernal pit as hipsters.

I refuse to live complacently in a world where every idea lasts for its fifteen minutes (an idea coined by another insufferable hipster) wherein it is turned into some sort of Mass Marketing Concept and then the Mass Marketing Concept in turn is mocked in Postmodernist Irony on Cafepress t-shirts for all to show that they too can Postmodernly Mock Mass Marketing Concepts. It's a culture where everyone is a disgusting reactionary disposable razor blade of a human idea, often operating on contrarian tendencies more than any joie de vivre. Burn in hell, hipsters, all of you. I'm going to mourn for Socrates, Voltaire and Nietzsche now.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2005, 07:13:44 pm »

Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2005, 09:47:19 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
http://catandgirl.com/view.php?loc=299


Am I making fun? Where's the funny? Who's laughing? I'm not.

Hatred isn't making fun. Hatred is hatred. Pure and simple.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2005, 09:54:06 pm »

Actually, it says complaining, not making fun. No one gives a damn about hipsters except hipsters themselves.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up