Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Cotume Contest  (Read 7921 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Cotume Contest
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2005, 09:03:30 pm »

Quote from: "aparrish"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Onstad is a sucker for "friend of mine in a t-shirt == costume." So we'll see.

To be even more fair, that wasn't a costume contest - it was a "take a picture of someone wearing Achewood merch" contest.  And to mete out the blindest of justice, remember that the prize he awarded to his buddy was merely ceremonial.

Anyway, c'mon - there really were hella titties.  The man is only human.

I also seem to recall said titties being pretty rude. But perhaps I'm increasing their average rudeness via my imperfect memory.
Logged

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
Cotume Contest
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2005, 02:47:16 pm »

Exogen, you were robbed.

... by which I don't mean to suggest that we ignore the efforts of Ms. Elise from Maine.  But c'mon, if you're going to "combine themes," go the extra mile and park the Volvo on the drum machine manual.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Cotume Contest
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2005, 02:52:14 pm »

Onstad, you ol' horndog!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Cotume Contest
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2005, 04:05:11 pm »

Wow. I'm surprised at the relative non-suckiness of all these costumes; while exogen was clearly robbed, the winner was still a pretty impressive piece of work. I'm also surprised how many "Ray in Germany with the newspaper suit" costumes there were for a storyline from early 2004.

The number of thong-wearing men with cat ears, though, does not surprise me at all.
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Cotume Contest
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2005, 07:13:22 pm »

There needed to be three places. Notorious LINCOLN deserves a prize.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Cotume Contest
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2005, 07:50:54 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
There needed to be three places. Notorious LINCOLN deserves a prize.

He even had the Blue Nun!
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Cotume Contest
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2005, 11:53:45 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
He even had the Blue Nun!


That alone shows supreme dedication. He needed to be a little more extremely considered in my opinion as well.

As for Ray in the Newspaper Suit, the pictures are rather low res...did anyone have an amount of carrot in their ear? I think that might have put them over the top.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Cotume Contest
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2005, 12:43:30 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Posting the results?  Shit dude you've just seen the results.  If Exogen's Lie Bot gets topped i'll be shocked.

Shocked!

~Paul

I stand corrected.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Cotume Contest
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2005, 12:48:32 am »

Not to mention shocked!

For a guy who claims not to have an problem with nudity, I have to say 'yay to that' when he cut off the bottom half of one of the bethonged guys.

It did look pretty bad from the midsection up - hope that wasn't someone from this board, though - really, I don't want to think about that anymore.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Cotume Contest
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2005, 01:37:16 am »

You can't blame O for loving the ladies, I guess, but that was not the best costume.  Combining themes isn't even a good idea.  Do you look at that picture and think "Achewood!"?  No, you do not.  Not like when you look at our friend LieBot.  Sigh.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Cotume Contest
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2005, 03:29:31 am »

I'm not sure, is she even wearing a costume?  I'm pretty positive homeless Ray was NOT wearing a skirt.  But she has a nice body and she was playing a saw so yeah, she wins.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

exogen

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
Cotume Contest
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2005, 03:30:50 am »

I really like the Lyle costume, since I think he's a hard character to visualize off paper.  And of course Notorious LINCOLN was great.

Elise (the winner) did a good job of including a lot of Achewood themes, although I'd like to see her carry around that Volvo and saw blade to an actual costume party...

Good job everyone.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Cotume Contest
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2005, 03:38:37 am »

You were robbed X-O Man.  Way to take it like a gentleman though.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Cotume Contest
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2005, 03:44:41 am »

I guess if Maddie from Boston as Molly had shown a little more skin she might have been more strongly considered.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Cotume Contest
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2005, 10:13:40 pm »

I'm still ready to declare Ex the winner of the TOUAMB "Cotume" contest. Whatever that entails. Maybe I'll chip in a $5 amazon.com e-gift or something.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up