Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 1-11-05 The Morning After Halloween  (Read 3559 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
1-11-05 The Morning After Halloween
« on: November 01, 2005, 09:58:59 am »

http://www.achewood.com/comic.php?date=11012005

I guess its funny....  The best part was the angry phone answering statement.  

ALSO: why does Ray have to open the hatch if he doesnt place the phone inside the costume, but rather holds it to the side of his costume ear?
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
1-11-05 The Morning After Halloween
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 11:35:31 am »

If I was hungover and in a 2x me I think I'd need to open the hatch the next morning too.

This is definitely a Ray thing, "I know, I'll go out as me; embiggened!"
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

sam_spade

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
1-11-05 The Morning After Halloween
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 12:38:30 pm »

The phone is nowhere near either his actual ear or his Raysuit ear!

[Edit:] But I guess everybody talks that way in Achewood, through the skull.
Logged

EgoSumNoah

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 66
    • View Profile
1-11-05 The Morning After Halloween
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 02:25:53 pm »

i liked the double-sized martini with straw. also, ray really looks like crap. also, ray needs to look at the news (i wonder if LN brought sandwiches).
Logged
I am Jack, the Pumpkin King

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
1-11-05 The Morning After Halloween
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 02:27:45 pm »

I assumed the "mouth" in the suit was an opening so he could drink through a super-sized straw but the inside of the costume doesn't show an opening. So either I'm wrong or I'm reading too much into a drawing of a cartoon cat again.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
1-11-05 The Morning After Halloween
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 02:37:49 pm »

The Ray-suit wins. As does "I'd say yes twice but I'm just not feeling all that positive." Excellent.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
1-11-05 The Morning After Halloween
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 02:59:40 pm »

I just noticed the visage of the 2x Ray, and I must ask this:

Why does Ray want to immortalize in costume the "bemused whistling" expression?

Seriously man.. what does that say about Ray?

And is he whistling at some Puerto Rican furniture thrower?  The world needs to know...
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
1-11-05 The Morning After Halloween
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 06:08:51 pm »

I thought his cotume was crazy japanese Ray at first.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
1-11-05 The Morning After Halloween
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 06:10:49 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
I thought his cotume was crazy japanese Ray at first.

ditto.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
1-11-05 The Morning After Halloween
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 06:18:17 pm »

Every time I read that one I misread Ray saying "make love like fountain".
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
1-11-05 The Morning After Halloween
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 06:37:38 pm »

I don't think so.. Seven-Kinky Ray ain't gots no eyebrows.. and him has'm whiskers.


Just sayin... I think this is how Ray envisions himself.. on the inside.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

JordanB

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
1-11-05 The Morning After Halloween
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 09:44:40 pm »

I've gotta say, I enjoy the way this Little-Nephew-World-Record arc
is coming along.  The idea of Ray refusing whenever asked to look
at a television or newspaper is an angle I didn't expect,
and it's turning out to be far more interesting than if Ray had immediately
come down on LN in such a manner as "You damn kids, why you always
got to be flat-footing it?  Step back and let Uncle Ray show you how to set a World Record."

Completely off-topic, regarding the note atop the crazy Japanese Ray strip,
has there been any discussion as to what Christopher T. Onstad's middle name could be?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
1-11-05 The Morning After Halloween
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 09:54:44 pm »

Quote from: "JordanB"

has there been any discussion as to what Christopher T. Onstad's middle name could be?


Oh no he din't....HELL no!
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
1-11-05 The Morning After Halloween
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 09:56:58 pm »

Obviously the T stands for "the." I mean, duh.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
1-11-05 The Morning After Halloween
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2005, 10:12:58 pm »

Tiberius
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up