Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Die Bloggen des Novembers  (Read 13515 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Die Bloggen des Novembers
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2005, 01:53:41 am »

I don't know why but I have a feeling the free sample lady may have been Molly herself. Myabe I've just started to associate apparently random emotional breakdowns in the acheverse with Molly.

The Bean line does indeed win, as does sitting there for half an hour telling everyone how bad a product is. Now we see where Pat's hatred of the free sample people comes from, it is envy, he wishes to be the one dispensing snack related wisdom to the masses.

I'm still waiting for something truly horrible to happen to/because of that bird.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Die Bloggen des Novembers
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2005, 06:33:16 am »

Don't wait for something horrible to happen to Franky. Take joy in the time him and Philipe are sharing. Pretty adorable.  Baby animals, man, baby animals.
Logged
I am older now.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Die Bloggen des Novembers
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2005, 06:50:45 am »

Baby animals who are due for a ride in..... the rollerskate!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
Die Bloggen des Novembers
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2005, 03:15:16 pm »

Quote from: "Doc"
I don't know why but I have a feeling the free sample lady may have been Molly herself. Myabe I've just started to associate apparently random emotional breakdowns in the acheverse with Molly.


This just made me realize that I, instead, imagined a butch human woman.  I think actually all the characters in the blogs are usually human in my head as default, unless otherwise described by the author.  Today, my imagination died.

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Die Bloggen des Novembers
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2005, 04:56:57 am »

Who knows, maybe things will go alright with Franky and Phillipe.


I really do hope so.
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Die Bloggen des Novembers
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2005, 05:07:04 am »

Quote from: "LCB"
Who knows, maybe things will go alright with Franky and Phillipe.


I really do hope so.

You really don't get Achewood do you.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Die Bloggen des Novembers
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2005, 06:22:26 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "LCB"
Who knows, maybe things will go alright with Franky and Phillipe.


I really do hope so.

You really don't get Achewood do you.

~Paul

Eh, I agree with him. If this arc is just yet another "Philippe's ignorance leads to death and/or his own extreme suffering" arc, I'm going to be disappointed. If I may use repulsive internet slang, this shit is old meme.
Logged

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Die Bloggen des Novembers
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2005, 07:12:48 am »

Yeah maybe it will be like that Andy Griffith Show ep, where Opie killed a mother bird outside his window with his air rifle and he ended up taking successful care of the babies as a way of taking responsibility for his foolish action.

Except in this case it's just one baby bird and Phillipe was trying to be helpful, and not firing pellets at birds.
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Die Bloggen des Novembers
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2005, 01:54:33 pm »

While I agree the horrible suffering is the only outcome thing wouldn't be an original ending that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good ending. To use a slightly dodgy analogy most musicians don't actually do anything new they just refine and build on what has come before. One day Onstad will give us the ultimate story of Phillipe horror and suffering and there shall be much rejoicing.
In any case I honestly don't think this can end well. I don't think happy endings happen in the Achewood universe. At best we don't hear anything about the bird for a couple of weeks and then Lyle posts about a fucked up smell coming from behind the fridge.

Anyway I'm not sure your comparison holds LCB since Phillipe is morally pure and does not need to be taught a lesson about responsibility. If anything he needs to be taught a lesson about the horror that is life. Which basically brings us up to date.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Die Bloggen des Novembers
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2005, 10:50:24 pm »

So, Nice Pete's party did not go so well.

Yikes. At least he restricted himself to indecent exposure.

Perhaps he should see if PublishAmerica will print his book. (The joke being they'll print anything.)
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Die Bloggen des Novembers
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2005, 08:17:18 am »

Cheatloaf, huh? Nope, think I'll pass.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Die Bloggen des Novembers
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2005, 12:38:56 pm »

I decided to see how much of Pat's assholery is just assumed on our parts and I fear to say I actually made it through the first paragraph thinking 'yeah I guess I could see myself writing in a tone similar to this'. The internet makes it impossible to convey tone exactly thus we all run the risk of being seen as Pat by others.

To re-approach the topic though: Does Onstad make up these words or are there actual people who speak like Pat does about vegan food. I'm thinking specifically of 'vegetal' at the moment.

"Show them that what they enjoy is wrong, and that it needs to be changed." This is a view held by more people than would like to admit it I think.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Die Bloggen des Novembers
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2005, 06:56:35 pm »

Quote from: "Doc"


"Show them that what they enjoy is wrong, and that it needs to be changed." This is a view held by more people than would like to admit it I think.


I've certainly encountered this moving toward the edges of both the right and the left.

And yes, go into your local purveyor of expensive and bad tasting fake meat food and check out the names of the products. Some do carry a certain smirky tongue-in-cheek flip-the-bird-at-the meat-eating-world kind of sensitivity.  There really is such a thing as Tofurkey.

(Andalucia and some others of you already know this).

Interestingly, the product name has no 'E' in it but the URL for it does.
I added the 'E' out of logic and also my innate meat-eating arrogance.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Die Bloggen des Novembers
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2005, 08:57:18 pm »

The first thing *I* think about when I see "Cheatloaf" is Homestar Runner, personally. But of course Pat would know nothing about that.
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Die Bloggen des Novembers
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2005, 10:31:50 pm »

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
The first thing *I* think about when I see "Cheatloaf" is Homestar Runner, personally. But of course Pat would know nothing about that.


No, I imagine he does not.  I'm sure if he came across Homestar, he'd start frothing at the waste of talent and bandwidth that could be better used to support, well, Pat himself.

And I bet he would literally be frothing, too, his rage making him unable to say anything other than high-pitched sqeeks (like a balloon), jumping up and down, throwing furniture, foaming at the mouth all the while.  Not because of meat products, too.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up