Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Obligatory who the eff am I thread  (Read 3379 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Obligatory who the eff am I thread
« on: November 01, 2005, 11:04:13 pm »

Hey folks, came across this today reading an achewood review where someone had posted this URL in the comment section. Seems like a pretty solid board.

I'm what you might call a poseur, my bud Todd turned me on to Achewood about a year ago (yes he does own the van t-shirt), and I was a junkie from the get go, through the archives twice in a month and a half, then another, more moderate trip through this summer. I've been a comics fan since I was a kid, this was the first time a web comic grabbed my interest like my favorites from the papers.

Anyway, out in Chicago here...I'll be around...

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Obligatory who the eff am I thread
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 11:23:22 pm »

Man I miss living in Chicago sometimes.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Obligatory who the eff am I thread
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 02:13:01 am »

Greetings and welcome.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Obligatory who the eff am I thread
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 02:14:01 am »

Salutations backwards Frenchman.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Obligatory who the eff am I thread
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 03:30:15 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Man I miss living in Chicago sometimes.


I'm guessing that, for a fella in Hawaii (nice), that sometimes does not fall in these next few months...:wink:

Quote from: "misterqueue"
Salutations backwards Frenchman.


Am I so slow that I completely didn't realize I had done that?
Yes. Yes I am.

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Greetings and welcome.


Thanks. (That's all I got, I didn't want to be a hella lame new guy and leave ya out).

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Obligatory who the eff am I thread
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 02:24:53 am »

Wow, you've made three posts and have yet to insult anyone.  I'm deeply impressed!  Congradulations on your net-iquette, you win the prize.

When I think of Chicago, I think of Oprah.  Can you go see Oprah?  I mean, like, hang outside Harpo studios and like, see her, or even touch her, or like some how make it to being in the front row of her audience all crying that you are in the presence of the big O?  Maybe you could swing a way to get a car out of the deal?

Apart from that, all I know about Chicago is that you do Basketball right.

Welcome.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Obligatory who the eff am I thread
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 03:20:43 am »

Quote from: "side_show"
Apart from that, all I know about Chicago is that you do Basketball right.


Whoa.  Where have you been?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Obligatory who the eff am I thread
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 03:38:30 am »

Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "side_show"
Apart from that, all I know about Chicago is that you do Basketball right.


Whoa.  Where have you been?


Opps that should have been "did" basketball right, not, "do"... but hey, I'm from Winnipeg, home of the now (thank god) defunct Winnipeg Thunder, so, ya' know...
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Obligatory who the eff am I thread
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 03:53:14 am »

Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "side_show"
Apart from that, all I know about Chicago is that you do Basketball right.


Whoa.  Where have you been?


Opps that should have been "did" basketball right, not, "do"... but hey, I'm from Winnipeg, home of the now (thank god) defunct Winnipeg Thunder, so, ya' know...


That's no excuse!  Basketball was invented by a Canadian.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Obligatory who the eff am I thread
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 04:42:48 am »

Okay, here's a better excuse:  I haven't had cable T.V. in over 6 years and therefore do not hear anything about any sports teams.  Also, I am into sportman/lady like activities like giraffeing and hiking, not playing on any sort of team or in a game, and my SO's into the same, plus maybe skiing, so I dunno...  If you ask me to name an NBA team, I can name the Bulls, and... well that's about it.  I seriously sat here for a few minutes, and I can't think of another NBA team... Wait are the Lakers basketball?  I don't even know.

On the side of Basketball being invented in Canada, this TV ad, along with many others like it, is played on the CBC daily.  More interesting is the Ad about how Superman was created by a Canadian.  I will not go into the bad acting and the fact that I know about half the people in these commercials, but there it is: a tad of Canadian Heritage in film form.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Obligatory who the eff am I thread
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 05:54:52 am »

Quote from: "side_show"
Okay, here's a better excuse:  I haven't had cable T.V. in over 6 years and therefore do not hear anything about any sports teams.  Also, I am into sportman/lady like activities like giraffeing and hiking, not playing on any sort of team or in a game, and my SO's into the same, plus maybe skiing, so I dunno...  If you ask me to name an NBA team, I can name the Bulls, and... well that's about it.  I seriously sat here for a few minutes, and I can't think of another NBA team... Wait are the Lakers basketball?  I don't even know.


Works for me.  Oh, and I think basketball was invented in the US by a Canadian, but I could be wrong.  Anyway...

If it makes you feel any better, I can only assume that the Winnipeg Thunder were a Hockey team because, you know, Canada and Hockey and all.  I really have no idea about it at all.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Obligatory who the eff am I thread
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2005, 06:08:26 am »

1.  Eff?  EFF?  What kind of Philboyd Studge writes "Eff"?  That fuck*ng guy!

2.  Talking about the NBA like it's good basketball is just laughable.   What is this "dee - fense" that you speak of?  Shit the WNBA is probably better to watch (I guess, I don't watch either.)   Why anybody would watch more than the last 14 seconds of an NBA game (and only during the playoff semi-finals) is utterly beyond me.  The NBA is the Britney Spears of professional sports.

Chicago does basketball right?  Phhht.  Come to Kentucky.  You'll see basketball done right.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Obligatory who the eff am I thread
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 06:23:45 am »

Quote from: "side_show"
Wow, you've made three posts and have yet to insult anyone.  I'm deeply impressed!  Congradulations on your net-iquette, you win the prize.


Thank you much. I've long trudged this cold land of internet forums and know that it's not time to tick anyone off until everyone gets the idea that I'm a sarcastic jerk that means no harm.

Quote
When I think of Chicago, I think of Oprah.  Can you go see Oprah?  I mean, like, hang outside Harpo studios and like, see her, or even touch her, or like some how make it to being in the front row of her audience all crying that you are in the presence of the big O?  Maybe you could swing a way to get a car out of the deal?


It was a front page story out here when Oprah got called into jury duty. My mother loves her or at least did until she started working and wasn't around during the day, but yeah, this is the Mecca to Oprahism, many try to pretend that she's not there, but they're always the first to be struck down.

Quote

Apart from that, all I know about Chicago is that you do Basketball right.

Welcome.


Ah, as it was stated, that was long ago and far away. I hopped off the Bulls bandwagon when they signed Rodman after he had been head stooge of the hated Pistons. Nowadays, I'm only a rabid Cubs' fan, and they haven't done anything right in almost a century.  :(  ...And to a lesser degree a Hawks fan, who's ownership just sucks.

And thank you for the warm welcome...

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Obligatory who the eff am I thread
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2005, 06:27:05 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
1.  Eff?  EFF?  What kind of Philboyd Studge writes "Eff"?  That fuck*ng guy!

2.  Talking about the NBA like it's good basketball is just laughable.   What is this "dee - fense" that you speak of?  Shit the WNBA is probably better to watch (I guess, I don't watch either.)   Why anybody would watch more than the last 14 seconds of an NBA game (and only during the playoff semi-finals) is utterly beyond me.  The NBA is the Britney Spears of professional sports.

Chicago does basketball right?  Phhht.  Come to Kentucky.  You'll see basketball done right.


Hey, I'm not used to curse filters...Gotta allow for an adjustment period...I've got a touch of the sailor mouth, you see.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Obligatory who the eff am I thread
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2005, 06:58:02 am »

Quote from: "Emmoh"
Hey, I'm not used to curse filters...Gotta allow for an adjustment period...I've got a touch of the sailor mouth, you see.


Curse filters?
What the fuck*ng fuck are you fuck*ng talking about?
The only words here we can't say are
R
O
B
O
T
S and
P
A
N
T
S
and don't fuck*ng ask why.

p.s. HI!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up