Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard  (Read 7125 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« on: November 03, 2005, 09:39:17 am »

Is that look on Ray's face concern at the end or is he just a little worried that the whole tv viewing audience has just caught him being a negligent guardian?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 09:41:37 am »

I like that he finds the need to press his nose against the cam, also, that apparently his nose makes a honking noise when smooshed.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 09:53:51 am »

I believe that honk is actually LN trying to get Ray to stop blocking the camera.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 10:24:23 am »

I love how the automatic assumption, for us and Ray, is that Pat is going to tell him the news, except Pat is a jackass and just wants a ride to the store.
I think this is an awesome way for Ray to learn of Lil Nef's nefarious schemes.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 01:32:15 pm »

I like the lack of resolution; it seems entirely unclear as to whether Ray has actually recognized the car, or whether he's just embarrassed for stepping into a Weird Situation. And yes, the Pat phone switch-up is also funny. Furthermore, so is the concept of "I LOVE YOU," the Ray Smuckles masterwork.

Lots of funny concepts in this one.
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 01:36:34 pm »

That's the most desolate "woods" I've ever seen.  Usually a woods has trees in it.
Logged

Dr. Sodomy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 24
  • It's a Ph.D.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bepatient56
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 01:53:43 pm »

Quote from: "Null"
That's the most desolate "woods" I've ever seen.  Usually a woods has trees in it.


I thought the same thing.
Logged
"You holdin'?"
"Shit. Everything but coke, heroin, and your cock."

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 01:54:41 pm »

BBRRILLIIAANNTT!!!!!!!!
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 02:51:49 pm »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
I believe that honk is actually LN trying to get Ray to stop blocking the camera.


Dammit, you're totally right...3:30 in the morning clearly is not my prime time for online comic comprehensive reading.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 03:08:31 pm »

WHAT IF LN IS DRIVING PAT'S HONDA CIVIC AND THAT'S WHY PAT NEEDS A RIDE?!?  Sorry for the all caps, but that's like some JJ Abrams plot twist biz and I feel like maybe I'm watching LOST and reading Achewood at the same time.
Logged

Paisley

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 50
    • View Profile
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 03:13:44 pm »

Quote from: "Null"
That's the most desolate "woods" I've ever seen.  Usually a woods has trees in it.


Well, I wouldn't tell Pat where I was. Would you?
Logged

EgoSumNoah

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 66
    • View Profile
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2005, 04:09:46 pm »

Pat should just get a piggy back ride from Nice Pete.

Actually seeing something happen at that lake makes one realize just how disgusting a 1 inch/hour descent into a lake with a civic is.

I love how everyone in Ray's life knew this was going on for days (even Lyle), and Ray did not.
Logged
I am Jack, the Pumpkin King

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 04:24:53 pm »

IT IS FUNNY BECAUSE THE CAT IS OBLIVIOUS

GET IT?

GET IT?

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2005, 04:29:07 pm »

The Ray expressions are a source of unending delight for me.

And the song reminds me of a horrid soul/pop song from the mid eighties when I listened to horrid soul/pop songs, but the only line I know is "I loooooooooove youuuuuuuuu!" and a trumpet line behind it.  This is a situation.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2005, 04:56:46 pm »

Quote from: "Lister"
The Ray expressions are a source of unending delight for me.

And the song reminds me of a horrid soul/pop song from the mid eighties when I listened to horrid soul/pop songs, but the only line I know is "I loooooooooove youuuuuuuuu!" and a trumpet line behind it.  This is a situation.


Oh man, me too. That fuck*ng song.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up