Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard  (Read 7115 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2005, 04:59:54 pm »

For some reason I want to say McCartney was involved...or somebody who sounded alot like him...

Edit: Yep - a little Googling, it's a song he wrote called "Silly Love Songs"...you can say that again. Disgusting. The man was a damn Beatle.

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2005, 05:07:59 pm »

The hell-escape loophole that Ray exploited may have in some way damaged his song writing ability.
Logged
I am older now.

V-Adore

  • Guest
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2005, 05:18:25 pm »

Quote from: "antioch"
The hell-escape loophole that Ray exploited may have in some way damaged his song writing ability.

Well, "(Everybody Dance Like There's) Ass In Your #####" was no great masterwork either.
Logged

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2005, 05:40:22 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "antioch"
The hell-escape loophole that Ray exploited may have in some way damaged his song writing ability.

Well, "(Everybody Dance Like There's) Ass In Your ******" was no great masterwork either.


 TOUAMB remix! *****s dance like there's barbed in your #####!
Logged
I am older now.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2005, 05:56:36 pm »

Quote from: "Lister"
The Ray expressions are a source of unending delight for me.

And the song reminds me of a horrid soul/pop song from the mid eighties when I listened to horrid soul/pop songs, but the only line I know is "I loooooooooove youuuuuuuuu!" and a trumpet line behind it.  This is a situation.


The first thing that came to my mind was "Silly Love Songs" by Sir Paul and Wings.

Sir Paul turned 64 yesterday - he'll have to change the words of one of his other songs now.
Logged

Skillator

  • Guest
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2005, 05:57:14 pm »

Do Americans have Sharon Lois and Brahm?
The "I looove you" reminded me of the Elephant show...
That is a children's program from the eighties. There was an elephant and those three idiots sang songs and danced around. It was pretty awful, but it was way better than Blue's Clues or Barney.
If you get a chance download "the elephant song" it will have that line.
It may also be called "Skinnamarinkydinkydink"

wow

I am ashamed of my youth.
Logged

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2005, 06:13:56 pm »

Quote from: "Skillator"
Do Americans have Sharon Lois and Brahm?
The "I looove you" reminded me of the Elephant show...


Man, seriously. I read this strip in the morning and that immediately came to mind, and that song has now been stuck in my head all day.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2005, 06:16:26 pm »

Quote from: "Skillator"
Do Americans have Sharon Lois and Brahm?


I doubt we could have lasted this long as a nation WITHOUT Sharon, Lois, and Bram.
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2005, 10:04:15 pm »

Quote from: "Paisley"
Quote from: "Null"
That's the most desolate "woods" I've ever seen.  Usually a woods has trees in it.


Well, I wouldn't tell Pat where I was. Would you?


That's a good thought.  It kind of reminds me of the Achewood golf course.  "Ray, I'm cleaning the kitchen, hard to hear you over the soap bubbles!"
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2005, 10:06:21 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Lister"
The Ray expressions are a source of unending delight for me.

And the song reminds me of a horrid soul/pop song from the mid eighties when I listened to horrid soul/pop songs, but the only line I know is "I loooooooooove youuuuuuuuu!" and a trumpet line behind it.  This is a situation.


The first thing that came to my mind was "Silly Love Songs" by Sir Paul and Wings.

Sir Paul turned 64 yesterday - he'll have to change the words of one of his other songs now.


Yesterday?  Well, if yesterday was June 18, all his troubles would be far away.
Logged

Skillator

  • Guest
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2005, 10:24:40 pm »

ZING!

The Encyclopedia of Rock states that McCartney's Birthday was June 18 1942.

George Harrison had some weird shit with his birthday where he thought it was one day and then when he got older, he found out it was another. That is PRETTY WAAACKY!
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2005, 10:46:20 pm »

Quote from: "Null"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Lister"
The Ray expressions are a source of unending delight for me.

And the song reminds me of a horrid soul/pop song from the mid eighties when I listened to horrid soul/pop songs, but the only line I know is "I loooooooooove youuuuuuuuu!" and a trumpet line behind it.  This is a situation.


The first thing that came to my mind was "Silly Love Songs" by Sir Paul and Wings.

Sir Paul turned 64 yesterday - he'll have to change the words of one of his other songs now.


Yesterday?  Well, if yesterday was June 18, all his troubles would be far away.


Was yesterday not his birthday? I must have stumbled upon something old and read it yesterday.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2005, 11:33:06 pm »

On a reread of the strip, I think Ray's facial expression is just him trying to put all the pieces together. "A webcam, pointed into the lake. Little Nephew, sitting in a car. Honking to get me out of the way of the webcam. Everyone (well, almost everyone) telling me to watch the news. Dear. God. I. Am. Not. A. Religious. Man. But. Please. Help. Me. See. The. Connection. Here."
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2005, 06:03:01 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Null"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Lister"
The Ray expressions are a source of unending delight for me.

And the song reminds me of a horrid soul/pop song from the mid eighties when I listened to horrid soul/pop songs, but the only line I know is "I loooooooooove youuuuuuuuu!" and a trumpet line behind it.  This is a situation.


The first thing that came to my mind was "Silly Love Songs" by Sir Paul and Wings.

Sir Paul turned 64 yesterday - he'll have to change the words of one of his other songs now.


Yesterday?  Well, if yesterday was June 18, all his troubles would be far away.


Was yesterday not his birthday? I must have stumbled upon something old and read it yesterday.


I'm also a Gemini and I think it says somewhere important that Geminis are obsessed with who else is a Gemini, also DAMN IT the cat is awake.  I'll wrap this up by saying Paul was June 18.  And he was the walrus.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2005, 06:14:01 pm »

Quote from: "Null"
I'm also a Gemini and I think it says somewhere important that Geminis are obsessed with who else is a Gemini, also DAMN IT the cat is awake.


You mean that's something that's unique to us and not something EVERYONE does? Huh. Who knew.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up