Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rock El Casbah  (Read 1601 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Rock El Casbah
« on: November 03, 2005, 03:00:04 pm »

I am probably going to get an enormous amount of shit from everyone here for admitting that I do not like the Clash (there, I said it), but I am a big fan of middle eastern music. I find that I do like the mixture of western guitars and melodies once you add the arabic drums and egyptian string choir:

Rock El Casbah
Logged

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Rock El Casbah
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 03:05:31 pm »

Well, now it's only a matter of time until the Pakastani Will Smith uses this to make a horrible rap song.

This is pretty cool though.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Rock El Casbah
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 03:11:44 pm »

this is pretty old.

But still cool.
Logged
goose means greedy

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Rock El Casbah
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 03:14:25 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
this is pretty old.

But still cool.


Is it? Sorry :(
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Rock El Casbah
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 05:27:08 pm »

Yeah, thanks for the stale download, BOBBY.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Rock El Casbah
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 06:42:01 pm »

What next, OH L00K THIS GUY HAS MADE A PAGE WITH PICTURES OF MR. T AND SPEECH BUBBLES TALKING ABOUT TESTICLE-EATING!

That being said, this MP3 was new to me, Bobby. And you're right, it adds a certain something. I'm not a huge Clash fan, either, with the notable exception of "London Calling," which I love. I'm just as much a fan of Big Audio Dynamite as I am of The Clash.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: Rock El Casbah
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 07:31:25 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
...I do not like the Clash (there, I said it)...


This fuckin' guy.

But yeah, cool, and I haven't heard this before. Good times.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Rock El Casbah
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 07:38:04 pm »

Geesh. I've had the album this is off for months now. Find me something new damnit!

('Tis a damned good album by the way - Tekitoi)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1]   Go Up