Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whistlecore  (Read 2300 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Whistlecore
« on: November 03, 2005, 07:20:05 pm »

Lock up the women and children... hide the liquor... it's time for Whistlecore.
Logged

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Whistlecore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 07:34:32 pm »

Now I need some new trousers.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Whistlecore
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 07:58:52 pm »

Thank you for finally providing concrete proof for why MySpace is wrong and must be stopped.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Whistlecore
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 02:27:26 am »

I have yet to listen to the music, but looking at the songs I see that the internet has co-opted something wonderful for a dumb joke. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a393/llama54545/HEY1.jpg
The Ghetto Tooth Fairy? No, my friends. This is Bob The Ambassador of Joy/Mirth. He originally did his thing in affluent areas of St. Louis' Central West-End. He's a former flight attendant who was layed off after Sept. 11. The rumor is that his partner is very wealthy and so he doesn't have to work. There's nothing ghetto about him. Rumor also has it that he started lashing out at people and was run out of town, but he claims otherwise.

Here's an Atlanta account of him:
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/0305/31batonbob.html
A St. Louis account:
http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~gaknott/jamerson.html
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Whistlecore
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 05:46:42 am »

Because of your link, every dog in my neighborhood is going mad, attacking small children.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Whistlecore
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 07:59:23 am »

This kinda shit is only interesting if the people doing it are being sincere.  I doubt that's the case here.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Whistlecore
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 01:43:35 pm »

Actually, I live in St. Louis and saw him 3 times.  Once wearing a Tutu, Once in full Bride regalia, and once in a sort of witch's outfit.

When he was in the Bride's dress I saw 3 hoss cops talking to him, but it didn't seem like he was being hassled at the time; but since I was only passing in my car I can't be sure.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Whistlecore
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 01:44:52 pm »

I used to live in St. Louis, and saw him while I was in the West End dining at a particularly nice restaurant - there I was, eating something delicious and ridiculously overpriced, and here comes Bob, wearing white rhinestone-studded cowboy boots, a tutu, and twirling a baton.  I'm lucky I didn't spew fettucini all over the table.

After dinner, however, we got the scoop, and it turns out that that's basically what he does, and that's awesome.

Bob is awesome.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Whistlecore
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 05:19:00 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Thank you for finally providing concrete proof for why MySpace is wrong and must be stopped.


Apparently there is a MySpace tour.  Which is kind of weird.

Also, Whistlecore has over 500 friends.  THEY AREN'T YOUR FRIENDS, MAN.  THEY ARE INTERNET FRIEND WHORES.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Whistlecore
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2005, 10:31:28 pm »

Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
I have yet to listen to the music, but looking at the songs I see that the internet has co-opted something wonderful for a dumb joke.


I don't think it's the fault of the internet, but rather this LANCE fellow who made the recordings. Myspace is kind of like Internet jr, though.
Logged
I am older now.

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Whistlecore
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2005, 11:05:24 pm »

At a risk of alienating my Lost Dog butt, I've got to dissent from the pack here.

Quote from: "pmcd9"
This kinda shit is only interesting if the people doing it are being sincere.  I doubt that's the case here.

~Paul


In most cases, I would agree with you, with the qualifier being that then if it's stupid, then they really look like pretentious jackasses.

But I see it as a satire of a genre that desperately needs a little come-uppance right now. Maybe I'm reading too much into this and giving the kid too much credit, but I thought it was hilarious.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Whistlecore
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2005, 11:11:42 pm »

Quote from: "Emmoh"
At a risk of alienating my Lost Dog butt, I've got to dissent from the pack here.

Quote from: "pmcd9"
This kinda shit is only interesting if the people doing it are being sincere.  I doubt that's the case here.

~Paul


In most cases, I would agree with you, with the qualifier being that then if it's stupid, then they really look like pretentious jackasses.

But I see it as a satire of a genre that desperately needs a little come-uppance right now. Maybe I'm reading too much into this and giving the kid too much credit, but I thought it was hilarious.


Oh, you dumb fucker! And you were doing so well up to now...
Logged

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Whistlecore
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2005, 11:13:48 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Emmoh"
At a risk of alienating my Lost Dog butt, I've got to dissent from the pack here.

Quote from: "pmcd9"
This kinda shit is only interesting if the people doing it are being sincere.  I doubt that's the case here.

~Paul


In most cases, I would agree with you, with the qualifier being that then if it's stupid, then they really look like pretentious jackasses.

But I see it as a satire of a genre that desperately needs a little come-uppance right now. Maybe I'm reading too much into this and giving the kid too much credit, but I thought it was hilarious.


Oh, you dumb fucker! And you were doing so well up to now...


 :( Dammit. It's always the music board for me. Always my undoing.  :cry:
Pages: [1]   Go Up