Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comicbook dorkery  (Read 4441 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Comicbook dorkery
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005, 08:22:52 am »

Don't dis Detective Chimp. Detective Chimp is old-school classic.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Comicbook dorkery
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2005, 05:13:52 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
a talking chimp is a talented detective


What? More, please.  With links.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Skillator

  • Guest
Comicbook dorkery
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2005, 07:37:35 pm »

Detective Chimp:
http://www.thrillingdetective.com/eyes/bobo.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detective_Chimp

Peanut Putter and Jeremy and Sock Monkey are so goddamned awesome. I thank you for pointing them out. My favorite Sock Monkey is where he attempts suicide and can't because he is a sock monkey.

Continuity is a dream. It is nearly unattainable. But it is nice when they at least try to give a shit about fans.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Comicbook dorkery
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2005, 07:43:49 pm »

American Elf is heartwarming every single day. My heart OVERHEATS.

Quote from: "Wiki"
But being a monkey without civil rights and being unable to stand as a juridical person, he couldn't get paid, and when the public began to forget him, he became an alcoholic.


Yeah, I wrote THAT country song.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Comicbook dorkery
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2005, 10:13:42 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"

Quote from: "Wiki"
But being a monkey without civil rights and being unable to stand as a juridical person, he couldn't get paid, and when the public began to forget him, he became an alcoholic.


Yeah, I wrote THAT country song.


Wait... is that actually a part of the comics or not? There's no discussion page or anything so I guess someone could have snuck it in for fun.
Damnit Wiki, why hast thou betrayed me.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Comicbook dorkery
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2005, 02:27:45 pm »

Quote from: "Skillator"
Detective Chimp:
http://www.thrillingdetective.com/eyes/bobo.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detective_Chimp

Peanut Putter and Jeremy and Sock Monkey are so goddamned awesome. I thank you for pointing them out. My favorite Sock Monkey is where he attempts suicide and can't because he is a sock monkey.

Continuity is a dream. It is nearly unattainable. But it is nice when they at least try to give a shit about fans.


Yes, at least Kochalka (http://www.americanelf.com) and Millionaire (http://www.maakies.com) are on the web, but I want me some comic books, god damn it!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Comicbook dorkery
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2005, 08:08:08 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"

Yes, at least Kochalka (http://www.americanelf.com) and Millionaire (http://www.maakies.com) are on the web, but I want me some comic books, god damn it!


Then you should check out Y: The Last Man, if you mean proper comic books. I need to track down the second TPB of this, as the first was great.
100 Bullets is pretty cool. And I have to say, I was very impressed by Rising Stars, though I can't find the second TPB of that either.

I am contemplating getting my mother the complete Calvin and Hobbes for christmas...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Comicbook dorkery
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2005, 08:23:34 pm »

Oh, Y is amazing. Definitely pick it up.
Dorkiest moment of my life. Last night, I pulled up fundrace.org to see if I could find out who my crazy blinged-out relatives gave money to; no such luck, but then I searched my neighborhood.
I live .34 miles from Dr. Barry Allen, a research scientist at Columbia University. He gave $250 to the RNC. I feel I should warn him, though, lest he DIE AT THE HANDS OF THE ANTI-MONITOR!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Skillator

  • Guest
Comicbook dorkery
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2005, 07:36:02 pm »

FABLES!

is anyone reading fables?! Fables is so hardcore awesome.

It is like being massaged by a beautiful sexy lady as another beautiful sexy lady feeds you your favorite food and your favorite music is on and the sky is blue and it's very warm and all you can think about is how awesome and beautiful the world is.

Read it and you will feel the beauty and wonder of looking at the world through Philippe's eyes... Or Lyle's... i think he probably thinks good things about the world too.
Logged

Skillator

  • Guest
Comicbook dorkery
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2005, 07:37:45 pm »

You can download the first issue right now...

http://www.dccomics.com/features/fables/intro.html
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Comicbook dorkery
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2005, 08:08:22 pm »

Fables is totally awesome and rad. Both at once.

WARNING: Although Bill Willingham writes a rad and awesome book with Fables, do not assume that this always applies. His run on Robin is not so good. But Fables? Rawesomed.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up