Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Inevitable  (Read 6190 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Inevitable
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005, 04:10:46 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
So Paul, where are the photos of you punching your boss in the face?

Also, punching your boss in the face did NOT get you fired?

Do you work for the government or something?


Or the WWE?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The Inevitable
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2005, 05:18:33 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "jough"
So Paul, where are the photos of you punching your boss in the face?

Also, punching your boss in the face did NOT get you fired?

Do you work for the government or something?

Or the WWE?

For the love of all that is good and holy don't sign the contract for the hair vs. mustache match!
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
The Inevitable
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2005, 06:05:01 pm »

Wow Paul, isn't punching your boss in the face The American Dream?  Also, please tell me you are working on the reality TV smash hit, the Apprentice, because if so, well, you are a god onto me.

Not to make light of the situation, as I'm sure you're in a bad place of stress and such right now, but in a few years you will look back and be all "hey, I punched my boss in the face! How cool is that!"  A good friend of mine dumped two hot bowls of spaghetti on the heads of two verbally abusive customers her boss refused to kick out of the restaurant she worked at, gave her boss the finger and walked out, never to return again.  She is my hero, and I also got her her current job, acting in a show about bullying in fact.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
The Inevitable
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2005, 06:09:18 pm »

I'm guessing that Paul's face-punching might be an inevitable result of him still being employed at the same place and thus still having contact with his boss. I'm guessing that it hasn't happened yet.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Inevitable
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2005, 01:49:15 am »

Yes Jorge, that is the case.  My boss has not been punched (by me), but he so deserves it.  My sentance was poorly written.  I meant to imply that I pray I don't lose my temper and do such a thing because I got sooo very close last week.  I won't go into details, but in essence he made an estimate that was wildly off the mark and used me as a scapegoat when the work wasn't finished at the expected time.  So when he and the the engineer we are working for came into my office on attack mode I got fairly indignant.  I let it be known that his estimate was a fantasy and I wasn't going to take the blame.  I came to work Monday fully expecting another confrontation resulting in my dismissal, but it didn't happen.  Nothing happened in fact.  I should point out that he personally doesn't have the power to fire me.  Apparently the powers that be don't agree that I should be fired.  I've known from the get go that this guy is a snake and this isn't his first attempt at chicanery towards me.  This episode has taught me however that as a snake his venom isn't as strong as I suspected.  Here's the crazy part, after about a day and a half of tension he's broken the ice and both he and the engineer have begun acting friendly towards me as if nothing happend.  I suspect this is just an effort to return the office to normalcy without having to admit their mistake or appologize.  I ain't having none of it.  I spoke to the engineer for the first time today and she was all like "you've got to come to my office and see the latest pictures of my kids in their halloween costumes."  I just gave her a look that was trying hard to say 'did you forget that last week you called me incompetent?'

I've wanted to show ya'll this for a long time because it's pure gold, but have resisted because it's totally not proper, right now though I don't give a flying fuck.  Here's a picture of my boss.  I dare you to tell me you don't want to punch him in the face too now.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
The Inevitable
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2005, 02:11:30 am »

Let's all print him out and throw darts at him.

I'm so worn down by my bosses that half the time I don't even have the energy to want to punch them anymore.  The other day one of them said something, and I didn't realize till I was home hours later that I should have punched her for it.  I find that kind of scary, actually.  

Hang on to your indignation, Paul!  For the rest of us!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Inevitable
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2005, 02:18:34 am »

His mullet is to mullets what your mustache is to moustaches.

At first I thought he was wearing a Davy Crockett coonskin cap on his head, but then... MULLET.

Wow.

Was this picture taken in 1987?

Does your boss drive a camero?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Inevitable
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2005, 02:26:36 am »

Quote from: "jough"
His mullet is to mullets what your mustache is to moustaches.

At first I thought he was wearing a Davy Crockett coonskin cap on his head, but then... MULLET.

Wow.

Was this picture taken in 1987?

Does your boss drive a camero?

That picture was taken in '04.  Coonskin cap?  Close, it's a wig.  Camaro?  In '87 maybe, now he drives a 1 ton Ford p/u.  Yeah he needs a 1 ton truck to commute to work in, doesn't everyone?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Inevitable
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2005, 03:07:45 am »

I thought everyone in Texas owned a pickup truck.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
The Inevitable
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2005, 02:23:56 pm »

Of for the love of god, Paul.  Punch him if the opportunity arrises.  Seriously.  Don't dream it, be it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The Inevitable
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2005, 05:09:12 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Of for the love of god, Paul.  Punch him if the opportunity arrises.  Seriously.  Don't dream it, be it.

Thank you so very much for that earworm.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
The Inevitable
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2005, 04:30:43 pm »

I am so, so, so confused.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
The Inevitable
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2005, 02:26:53 pm »

Quote from: "theinevitable"
I am so, so, so confused.


Oh, your handle was used as a punch line when we noticed you signed up for an account, and then we got totally off topic, as usual.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
The Inevitable
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2005, 06:28:26 pm »

oh, I figured.
but I thought maybe it might end with warding me off with farm implements/torches.

Anyway, i dont want to start one of these "who I am" threads, and my name is already out there, so.

I live in charlotte, North Carolina!
I am a High School Senior!
I enjoy rock music.
I collect records. I love Achewood. I don't like other people's hair on my soap. I play the electric guitar.
I used to be in a band with my two best friends, and they kicked me out.
I am soon to be a Card-Carrying Member of the ACLU.
Um, um
yeah.
I am a pseudo-hipster teenager prone to peer-pressure, so if anyone wants to check out my highschool-facebook/myspace/livejournal/AIM or whatever, just say the word.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
The Inevitable
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2005, 06:56:45 pm »

Quote from: "theinevitable"
I collect records.


Do you collect old LPs of the classic rock (or whatever) persuasion or new and recently-released ones?  As a collector of vinyl, I have commandeered my parents' records from the '60s and '70s, and also purchase new LPs released by (mostly indie) musicians.

So yes, huzzah for vinyls.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up