Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/07/05 -- parkour  (Read 8686 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
11/07/05 -- parkour
« on: November 07, 2005, 01:24:22 pm »

No one's posted about this yet? Okay.

The subtitle joke seems oddly superfluous and I don't think he really needed to waste two panels setting it up. The parkour stuff kind of made up for it.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 01:29:18 pm »

This is just... weird. Weird in an interesting way, but weird. I'm curious what was going through Onstad's head on this one. On the other hand, the utterly gratuitous leaping was a plus.

Upon a second read, my guess on the subtitles thing is that it's a cover for Onstad not finding anywhere he wanted to put the word balloons in this one. Clever, though.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 01:31:12 pm »

I've seen those Parkour guys.. they're nuts.  

Anyway, for a dude of some gravity Raymond Smuckles certainly knows how to punish a young dude with flair.

You go Mr. Raymond Smuckles; I salute you.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 01:48:27 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
Anyway, for a dude of some gravity Raymond Smuckles certainly knows how to punish a young dude with flair.

You go Mr. Raymond Smuckles; I salute you.


Ladies and Gents, Tim Simmons is back in town!
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 01:57:43 pm »

If there ever was an acrobatic dis attack, this is it. Dude has got blah blah etc.

I like to call Parkour "Freestyle Running" and say me and my buddies came up with it. Why on earth hadn't I heard it had been invented before?
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 02:03:16 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
This is just... weird. Weird in an interesting way, but weird. I'm curious what was going through Onstad's head on this one. .


MARIJUANA AND DESPERATION
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 02:09:57 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
This is just... weird. Weird in an interesting way, but weird. I'm curious what was going through Onstad's head on this one. .


MARIJUANA AND DESPERATION


This strep id exibetAA FOr whu weed shoul be leggal.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 02:15:02 pm »

That is a view of Ray's thong I could've done without.
Logged

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 02:32:39 pm »

There is only one word to describe this strip: WTF.

Did anyone really want to see Ray's taint?  Why would Onstad think we would want to see Ray's taint.  The man has been obsessed lately with showing everyone cat genitals.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2005, 02:48:56 pm »

Quote from: "aparrish"
There is only one word to describe this strip: WTF.

Did anyone really want to see Ray's taint?  Why would Onstad think we would want to see Ray's taint.  The man has been obsessed lately with showing everyone cat genitals.


Favorite detail? The obvious equipment bulge we see in the 2nd to last panel.  WTF?  I thought the equipment for a cat was all on the inside?  I guess I understand why Ray needs a thong now.  The dude needs it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 03:21:37 pm »

I enjoy the alt-text on this one. The philosophy section of the Parkour website is pretty insufferable.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 04:16:02 pm »

My favorite detail is Teador as a dot in the background of panel 3.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2005, 04:29:12 pm »

God, this is brilliant!
Great spot there August, I missed that.
This is all the sweeter to those who've previously been exposed to the dire "street art" of Parkour.
Further proof that even when just wandering about the French are still pretentious and annoying. Hoo ha!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2005, 06:22:00 pm »

Li'L' NEPHEW JUST GOT SERVED!

Silverberg

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2005, 06:24:07 pm »

I'm a fan of the subtitles' apparent need to explain, in panel three, that Ray is (standing).
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up