Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/07/05 -- parkour  (Read 8711 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 06:26:57 pm »

Quote from: "Silverberg"
I'm a fan of the subtitles' apparent need to explain, in panel three, that Ray is (standing).


well, if you were blind, a text to speech generator could clue you in.
Logged

Silverberg

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2005, 07:16:20 pm »

True enough. Good to know that Achewood remains all about handicapped accessibility.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2005, 08:33:53 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Li'L' NEPHEW JUST GOT SERVED!


He just got f'd in the a.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2005, 09:24:24 pm »

Quote from: "Silverberg"
I'm a fan of the subtitles' apparent need to explain, in panel three, that Ray is (standing).

I don't really think that Onstad understands the concept of Closed Captioning.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2005, 09:34:03 pm »

Quote from: "evan"
Quote from: "Silverberg"
I'm a fan of the subtitles' apparent need to explain, in panel three, that Ray is (standing).

I don't really think that Onstad understands the concept of Closed Captioning.


I tried to educate him on the matter, but it fell on deaf ears.
Logged

Skillator

  • Guest
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2005, 12:12:56 am »

This strip has totally invaded my mind and all I can think about is parkour.

Have you seen the picture where the dude is jumping over the gap in the roof of the stadium!? THE DUDE HAS GOT NO MERCY!

I think parkour may be the awesomest thing to happen to my life.

Thank you Achewood for educating me.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2005, 12:58:34 am »

My favourite detail here has to be that Teodor is actually facing the box that holds Ray's head (and Ray is facing him) in panel 8.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2005, 01:34:19 am »

Quote from: "Skillator"
This strip has totally invaded my mind and all I can think about is parkour.

Have you seen the picture where the dude is jumping over the gap in the roof of the stadium!? THE DUDE HAS GOT NO MERCY!

I think parkour may be the awesomest thing to happen to my life.

Thank you Achewood for educating me.


I can't decide whether I should mock the people who do this or take it up myself.
Logged
ACHIEVE

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2005, 01:41:17 am »

Combine parkour with infiltration and you've got yourself a sport. They could call it Infiltour, and only the most merciless dudes could compete.

Today I am a genius.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2005, 02:10:19 am »

Good lord people will latch on to anything, won't they? Remember "flash mobs" and "culture jamming"? No? That's because they were dumb as hell.
Logged

sam_spade

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2005, 02:15:00 am »

Hey ... hey, wait just a moment, how are we hearing the UNPH in the last panel?!

So much Ray again.

I love panel 8 to death too.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2005, 02:43:52 am »

Quote from: "sam_spade"
Hey ... hey, wait just a moment, how are we hearing the UNPH in the last panel?!

So much Ray again.

I love panel 8 to death too.

We can hear Teodor panting as well. Apparently on the vocal mics were malfunctioning.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2005, 04:06:09 am »

Yeah, the unph and the pant pant pant are just the Foley guy screwing around.
Logged

R-Machine

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 16
  • Rrroooaaarrr!
    • View Profile
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2005, 04:07:41 am »

So, if Ray was not able to piece together what Lil' Nephew was doing before, why did he tear the car apart? Was he just that mad that LN was in a lame (but sensible) car?
Logged
What deviltry is this?

Boring K

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/sleeping_machine
11/07/05 -- parkour
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2005, 07:02:12 am »

I'd heard of parkour before.  I think it sounds cool.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up