Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!  (Read 4112 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
« on: November 10, 2005, 09:39:44 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11102005

Awesome strip, perfectly capturing the experience of the host to a grating, annoying, and ultimately unwanted houseguest whom the former cannot evict due to relation and/or ties from childhood.  

Brilliant alt-text

BTW i totally "spawn-camped" this strip.  I am unrepentant about this
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 10:07:20 am »

Indeed, what does one say when someone just continually comes out with horrible, terrible or offensive ideas. To criticise would be over agressive for this actual-human-interaction-shy man of the modern world but damnit do we just have to take it?

In summary: I hate people who think they are idea people.

But the way it just degenerates into near random association (from Beef's point of view at least) by the end is just precious.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 11:16:13 am »

I like how he caps his horrible ideas off with a gun-fingery "Pow!" as if to add weight to them since they don't travel much on their own.

Beyond that though Showbiz is pretty much a crap dude.  He makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little bit.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 12:55:46 pm »

Oh yeah, I've been there. Having to be around somebody linked by blood, who I gotta grit my teeth around and be all patient with as they talk talk talk about things that make me uncomfortable. And a lot of the time it's not so much what they say as how they say it, in a way almost engineered for maximum grating-ness, mundane topics spoken about in the most irritating way.

Then there's the Showbiz method of doing things, which is equal parts obliviousness, cluelessness and totally taking advantage of his close relative. Just a real tacky situation all around. Esepcially the whole "You (blank) this?" bit where a tacky houseguest person picks up something of yours and asks you if it's yours incredulously, or suggests what's wrong with your taste in food or clothes or books, etc. As in, "You read this crap? You just keep it on the coffee table for show right? Or someone else left it here?"
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 01:36:09 pm »

Quote from: "LCB"
Various things


I've had this book since I was probably about 14 or so as given to me by my mother.  Since it makes me smile, the battered original copy sits on my coffee table TO THIS DAY!  I cannot tell you how many people have incredulously inquired about it.

Luckily most of my family doesn't come visit me anymore, which is not something I am wont to complain about.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 01:58:40 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
I like how he caps his horrible ideas off with a gun-fingery "Pow!" as if to add weight to them since they don't travel much on their own.

For some reason I can see Ray picking up this habit. Like his using dollar signs when chatting with Beef to express his approval of ideas.

Has anybody ever said, "Let's [x]! I'm serious!" and actually been serious? I think falling asleep immediately afterwards is actually the most common follow-up.
Logged

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 02:18:00 pm »

What happened to Biz's moustache in panels five and eight?  Is that whole row supposed to be a flashback or something?  A flashback to his pre-moustache days?
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 02:21:08 pm »

Quote from: "aparrish"
What happened to Biz's moustache in panels five and eight?  Is that whole row supposed to be a flashback or something?  A flashback to his pre-moustache days?



sometimes Onstad forgets to paste the mustache on Beef's template in Illustrator; the man likes his whiskey.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 03:51:00 pm »

The alt-text just wins. Wins so much.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 04:38:35 pm »

I am glad that I am an only child.
Logged
ACHIEVE

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2005, 05:07:33 pm »

Let's all go to a nude beach! I'm serious!
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005, 05:11:29 pm »

Quote from: "*****_god"
I am glad that I am an only child.

Siblings suck high-five!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 10/11/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 05:16:45 pm »

Quote from: "mrchee"

BTW i totally "spawn-camped" this strip.  I am unrepentant about this


What the hell does "spawn-camped" mean?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2005, 05:29:59 pm »

Is the "camel-fuckers" bit part of Showbiz expressing his opinions on the invasion of Iraq or something related to that?
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 10/11/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005, 05:49:21 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "mrchee"

BTW i totally "spawn-camped" this strip.  I am unrepentant about this


What the hell does "spawn-camped" mean?


Spawn-camping is a gaming term meaning you hide out in a hole and wait for someone to wander by so you can kill them.

It's a negative and cowardly act as far as online gaming is concerned.

So I'm assuming he kept refreshing Achewood till a new comic came out and then posted this immediately; which xlates into: Someone has some serious time on their hands; I mean jeezus.. it's a forum people.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up