Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winnipeg in the winter wonderland  (Read 4262 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Winnipeg in the winter wonderland
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2005, 02:10:10 pm »

It's opposite land! Hot snow falls up!
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: !
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2005, 02:34:55 pm »

Quote from: "Doc"
Goddamn I love me some snow. I've been to Canada twice for snow and it was beautiful.
In the land of Oz we are lucky to get down around 55 to 60 of your Farenheight degrees during winter (during the day, it can get down to 35 at night), but it's our summer here and christmas is typically the hottest day of the year, normally around 40 C where I am or (so the internet informs me) around 105 F.
Fuck winter is right, it should fuck*ng come down here!


Hey Doc, aren't there some places, up in the mountains, where snow falls for in your country?  

Being uneducated about Australia, I was helping my best friend pack for her term-long trip to study at the U of Taz, and naturally advised her not to pack a jacket, mitts, etc.  Then it turned out where she was staying before going to school, in a mountain region, it snowed a few days after she arrived, and she had to buy a parka and and wool hat and mitts.  She sent an email photo of herself in the snow wearing all her newly bought gear, and was a tad pissed off at me.  Since I am not a certified weather girl, nor and Austrailiologist, I apologized.  When she was prepairing to leave for home later that year she threw her parka and mitts out since she had plenty of them at home, but brought me back the woolen hat, which I now wear quite often.  People often compliment my woolen hat and are often amazed that such a warm (and lovely) hand knitted hat came from, and was worn in Australia.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Winnipeg in the winter wonderland
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2005, 04:11:32 pm »

Quote from: "Beatrice"
there was a tornado here, and now it is COLD.


indeed.  things, last night, outside, they froze.

i remember, in high school, waiting for the bus in shorts, kicking at the snow, thinking "yay, it's finally warm."

now, down here, i see my breath and i'm all "oh my god i'm going to freeze to death."

also, there are leaves everywhere.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Winnipeg in the winter wonderland
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2005, 05:16:17 pm »

My commute doubled last night because of a mild rain. Needless to say, I am not eagerly awaiting snowfall.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Winnipeg in the winter wonderland
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2005, 05:23:41 pm »

Cort does not mention that overnight the temperature in our area dropped about 40 degrees.  This ought to be illegal.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Winnipeg in the winter wonderland
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2005, 06:00:33 pm »

Thanks for the cold air, Smells.  It was just what I needed.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Winnipeg in the winter wonderland
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2005, 06:06:57 pm »

I love snow, for all the reasons sideshow mentioned. For me, there is nothing better than the frenzy of a snowstorm and the quiet that follows. I especially love when the storm is at night, and you wake up to find the world covered in a perfect layer of snow. Until the sun melts it and cars drive over it. Then it looks like shit.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Winnipeg in the winter wonderland
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2005, 06:14:54 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Thanks for the cold air, Smells.  It was just what I needed.


You see how I take care of you, baby?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Winnipeg in the winter wonderland
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2005, 08:06:18 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
My commute doubled last night because of a mild rain. Needless to say, I am not eagerly awaiting snowfall.


This always pisses me off, but then, I suppose it's better for everyone to drive like wimps than have them continue to fly down the wet highway at 70 MPH in their Ford Executioners as if it was a beautiful summer day.  I dunno.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Winnipeg in the winter wonderland
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2005, 08:44:31 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"

This always pisses me off, but then, I suppose it's better for everyone to drive like wimps than have them continue to fly down the wet highway at 70 MPH in their Ford Executioners as if it was a beautiful summer day.  I dunno.


Like people do here. I admit, we'd be ground to a halt most of the time otherwise, but it can be a mite terrifying. Particularly when you come round to the bit of major road on my way to work which makes you aquaplane all the time.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Winnipeg in the winter wonderland
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2005, 08:57:53 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
My commute doubled last night because of a mild rain. Needless to say, I am not eagerly awaiting snowfall.

This always pisses me off, but then, I suppose it's better for everyone to drive like wimps than have them continue to fly down the wet highway at 70 MPH in their Ford Executioners as if it was a beautiful summer day.  I dunno.

People need to realize that the gas pedal has settings between 70mph and 4. Slowing down due to weather is dandy but I don't think that we quite need to take it down to continental drift speeds.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Winnipeg in the winter wonderland
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2005, 09:18:08 pm »

Oh, oh!  It's snowing again!  Yay!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Winnipeg in the winter wonderland
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2005, 08:44:01 am »

Side_show: Your friend is 100% correct and I should probably retract some of my bitching. We do actually have pretty good variety as far as climates go around here.
It is just that I live up north where we get exactly 0 snow ever (though even down south you only get it up in mountainy type regions) and if you try to go swimming at the beach a crocodile will fight a jelly giraffe to eat you.
Part of my annoyance is probably because my sweety is actually going on holiday to these cooler climes in a couple of weeks and I am unable to follow due to a summer project I must desperately finish so I have enough course credit to start honours next semester.
In any case, just enjoy the f*ck out of some of that snow for me.

I guess I should be grateful that people speed here no matter what season it is.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Winnipeg in the winter wonderland
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2005, 10:10:02 am »

Oh, I've been enjoying it, especially today, Doc.  It's gotten deeper because we've had a couple other snow falls since the storm, but also it's getting warm today and tomorrow, so a lot of it will be melted soon.  Then it's just brown sandy, salty slush.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up