Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05  (Read 7111 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« on: November 17, 2005, 06:48:53 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11172005

I see women like that quite often on my college campus.

Whaaat
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 06:52:14 am »

INSANITY. I like the choice in stirrup #####.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

JordanB

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 07:01:30 am »

The funny in this one must be hiding.

Also, 1.21.03's strip is pretty much the worst possible one to even suggest putting on a t-shirt.  Is that the joke?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 07:29:33 am »

I dunno, if you had the proper psychotic hatred of Jared, it could work.

Most disturbing element for me: Ray's bulge in those stirrup #####. Shudderiffic!
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 10:23:17 am »

Actually given recent history I was going to comment on how relatively subdued Ray's bulge is, I mean they are leggings, he could have gone all out there.
Musical note in signature is nice.
The main thing I got from this is that actually achewood strips on shirts really wouldn't work if you couldn't get in all the punctuation properly what with pacing of dialogue being such an important part of many of the characters.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 11:03:02 am »

I think the T-shirt bit was just a snarky shot at those of us who bitch when Onstad (too bad there's no Treble Clef key on this keyboard) puts out a complete mind-boggling shirt choice.

Beyond that I think the WHaaaat on mullet man is vaguely funny, and so is "Dog is my co-pilot"; but only because I have a tendancy to insert Dog where the opposite is generally used.

I am not a sysadmin with aviators however.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 01:36:05 pm »

yeah, ##### bulge.  not nice.

all this strip really does is remind me of women from my past (mostly catholic middle school) that disturbed me.  like the greasy perm with the big glasses.  or... the ... stirrup #####!   ewwie.


~Wanda

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 01:54:48 pm »

Don't front - I bet you totally rock the stirrups.
Logged

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 02:51:21 pm »

Is anyone really creeped out by Ray's bulge? I've never understood people being disgusted by things like that. Things like Ray's bulge. I would like to say that I love Ray's bulge.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 03:12:36 pm »

I like how the strip is basically an ad for the real merch.  I was like, "oh yeah, I did mean to order my huuuug! hoodie," but then I was like "hey, wait a minute..."
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 04:46:38 pm »

This strip blew my mind. When you do the survey and mark 5 for a panel, presumably you are supposed to read OnStad's response over and over. Amazing!

 Mudokon - do not give your heart to Ray's bonch.
Logged
I am older now.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 05:19:39 pm »

Quote from: "mudokon"
Is anyone really creeped out by Ray's bulge? I've never understood people being disgusted by things like that. Things like Ray's bulge. I would like to say that I love Ray's bulge.

Ray is proud of his junk and likes to show it off. He would like everybody to say something nice about it.
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 08:18:47 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
I think the T-shirt bit was just a snarky shot at those of us who bitch when Onstad (too bad there's no Treble Clef key on this keyboard) puts out a complete mind-boggling shirt choice.

It struck me more as a general shout-out to the time-honored webcomic fan custom of asking that basically every single strip of a comic that ever comes out be put on a t-shirt at one time or another.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005, 10:32:21 pm »

I just wonder, how many e-mails Onstad has received asking for a certain strip to be put on a T-shirt, and how many of those were for some seemingly random strip. Like someone repeatedly demanding that just this filler panel be put on cloth.
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 11:29:58 pm »

My heart's explodin'!  Those #####!
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up