Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05  (Read 7104 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2005, 08:20:26 pm »

The thing with Oakley Blades, much like mirror-lensed glasses, black trenchcoats, fingerless black leather gloves, etc. is that they are often worn by people under the delusion that anyone who wears them automatically looks cool.

Like 'An Uninsured Motorist', who probably ignores his greasy undershirt, mustache, hairstyle, (probable) potbelly and the fact that he's driving around in (probably) a banged up TransAm with an ugly custom paintjob working against the image he wishes to project with his awesome shades.
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2005, 08:42:38 pm »

Quote from: "Lister"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"
I like how the uninsured motorist is depicted wearing Oakley Blades from ca. 1989.

Who knew you could still buy them directly from Oakley?  I thought they'd be strictly eBay auction items by now.

I remember thinking those were insanely cool when I was 9. I remember they even used to sell the nose, lenses, and ear-pieces separately so that you could mix and match colors.


I owned a pair of those (Black frames, red-gold-green-blue reflective coating) for a period in the 90s.  I lost them when I got ditched at a music festival by someone and had left them in their back seat.

In the end it probably worked out best all around, though, 'cause in actual fact I looked like a giant dork in them but would have never admitted it to myself.

I also at one point wore Jams.  

Look, I'm not proud of everything in my past.


Did you wear overalls with one strap down? Or anything by Stussy?
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2005, 09:00:10 pm »

(brief semi-re-rail)

These would also make an excellent holiday gift item

(I cannot be the only one who read today's Photoshop feature)
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2005, 12:11:26 am »

There are lots of things one can not be proud of.

Like dancing to Another Bad Creation's Coolin' at the Playground, Y'know! as it issues from the speakers of somebody's pink boombox, at a outdoor basketball court.

And wearing cheap, reflective shades while doing so.
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2005, 05:02:46 am »

Quote from: "ferocious j"
These


"Here comes a special boy"

Holy shit. :lol:

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2005, 05:54:28 am »

Quote from: "Emmoh"
Quote from: "ferocious j"
These


"Here comes a special boy"

Holy shit. :lol:


 That is something we do not need. As if low-braus don't already diss Philipe gear enough because of his shape. Boo to that.
Logged
I am older now.

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2005, 06:05:16 am »

Quote from: "antioch"
Quote from: "Emmoh"
Quote from: "ferocious j"
These


"Here comes a special boy"

Holy shit. :lol:


 That is something we do not need. As if low-braus don't already diss Philipe gear enough because of his shape. Boo to that.


I never noticed it before now.

I guess I'm a slow-brau.

bah-dum ching!

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2005, 06:45:13 am »

Everyone in this comic is wearing sunglasses.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2005, 08:13:20 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
I actually think it's a fertility dance.


Either way, that catcher is totally not happy about what is happening.

Also, I spent an inordinate amount of time examining that pic at my desk.  At work.  At the children's theatre.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2005, 11:08:50 pm »

DAMN ME I CLICKED ON IT!

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2005, 12:07:56 am »

DAMN YOU!

I aim to please.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2005, 03:30:28 am »

yay.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up