Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)  (Read 6301 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2005, 06:19:42 am »

Yeah, the bold text was funny, as usual. But I found the whole thing a lil' rambly. I don't know. This Friday strip has me so confused.

To complete this thread: Mudokon must post only the word "Sucked."
Logged
I am older now.

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2005, 07:54:11 am »

Loved it!
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2005, 04:08:05 pm »

Quote from: "antioch"
To complete this thread: Mudokon must post only the word "Sucked."
Quote from: "mudokon"
Loved it!


DENIED
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2005, 07:45:32 pm »

Heyo!

<sound of $.90 in change dispensing from slot machine>
Logged
I am older now.

JordanB

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2005, 12:07:49 am »

Did anyone stop to wonder why Philippe isn't bothered
by the fact that the man who (for all we know)
took him to the Super-Secret Ice Cream Shop
with the intention of committing the murder act on him
is in the next room, muttering culinary advice?
Logged

Factitious

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2005, 08:05:17 am »

Because Nice Pete is nice.
Logged

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2005, 03:48:52 pm »

Damn you bitches are harsh on the Friday Fun Facts. I think they are all right basically and also they are better than no comic at all. Here is my problem with them though: it seems like a lot of the time certain sections assume a tone of voice that is not at all like Philippe. Sometimes the tone sounds more like Onstad himself than a five-year-old otter. Certain jokes or even topics entirely at too mature for Philippe.

IE, the caption to the Medicine Ball pictures and the Humphrey Bogart reference. There have been other and more flagrant examples in past FFFs.

I have noticed a similar problem sometimes (less so) in Philippe's blog. It's strange, because with the other characters Onstad seems so remarkably good at staying in character. Has this been noted by others?

Biz
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2005, 04:13:05 pm »

"Biz Markizzle" - only with a handle like that could you get away with calling us all bitches.

Or maybe not.

I have to disagree with you on the Philippe thing.  Many five year olds do the "talking like an adult thing," and it is always cute and funny.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2005, 04:15:04 pm »

Let it be noted by the not-an-admin-right-now-but-will-be-again-in-a-few-days-right,-Jough?: starting a post by complaining about "you bitches" does not get things off on the right foot, as it were.

That said, yeah, I have to agree with side_show that it's typical for a five-year-old and sort of cute when Philippe attempts to write like a grown-up.
Logged

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2005, 04:20:32 pm »

Oh, is this board "kid friendly"? I am new here but read through some previous posts and it seems to very much not be. But I am not attached to cussin' so I will avoid if children are present...
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2005, 04:28:30 pm »

Quote from: "Biz Markizzle"
Oh, is this board "kid friendly"? I am new here but read through some previous posts and it seems to very much not be. But I am not attached to cussin' so I will avoid if children are present...


i think they thought you were saying "bitches" instead of "bitches".

i'm waiting for the day when someone attempts to coopt the meaning of "liturgical".
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2005, 04:30:23 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Let it be noted by the not-an-admin-right-now-but-will-be-again-in-a-few-days-right,-Jough?: starting a post by complaining about "you bitches" does not get things off on the right foot, as it were.


Yeah, but I have to admit, that I kind of assumed calling us all bitches was hopefully a joke.  You know, the way Snoopy Doggy Dog would call you and I bitches and not mean anything by it?

Was it a joke Biz Markizzle?  Say yes you you want us to be your ho's okay?

And shiiiit no!  This is is not a kid friendly board you fug-ugly mo-fo.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2005, 04:36:58 pm »

Oh, I see, so V-Adore was displeased not because of the cussin' itself but because he/she felt personally attacked. That did not occur to me. Of course I was joking and meant no harm. I did not realize it was ambiguous.  

My first post and I already upset someone. This is sort of like when Roast Beef was immediately arrested. Hmm how do I make a link is it like this:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11272002
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

V-Adore

  • Guest
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2005, 04:51:12 pm »

I was (mostly) kidding. I'm just saying that throwing around insults is generally best saved for the post-Scrambles period, where our first reaction is laughter and not "oh, jesus, is this like those guys calling me history's worst criminal? Again?"

Making a link is pretty simple. You do it like this:

(url=http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11272002)Roast Beef is terrified of arrest(/url)

Except with brackets instead of parentheses.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2005, 05:44:50 pm »

Quote from: "sizzlefizzle"


My first post and I already upset someone. This is sort of like when Roast Beef was immediately arrested. Hmm how do I make a link is it like this:


That's not even close to being a unique situation.

People do that all the time. You get one or two chances and after that, it's a pig pile.

Quote from: "ShizzleHizzle"
Oh, is this board "kid friendly"? I am new here but read through some previous posts and it seems to very much not be. But I am not attached to cussin' so I will avoid if children are present...


Just be yourself. We'll let you know if that's not good enough. Look back in the posts and you'll find about three instances in the recent past.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up