Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)  (Read 6312 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2005, 06:02:59 pm »

It was just a classic InterWeb misunderstanding. I think V-Adore and I are both ready to move on without further analysis. I look forward to nitpicking line drawings and otherwise wasting time with all of you.

Re: my original comment, do you really think a five-year old, especially one such as Philippe, would really write those captions for the medicine ball pictures? I agree kids mimicking adults is cute and happens, but a five year old mimicking this kind of adult humor doesn't ring as true to me. It's just so dry. I mean, Philippe is precocious for sure, but like all five year olds, Philippe is really dumb, and I've never witnessed a kid that young making a connection such as, "the tone of this written sentence reminds me of Humphrey Bogart."

But I don't personally have children. Am I wrong about how smart five year olds are?
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2005, 06:40:23 pm »

Mine's pretty smart but she certainly wouldn't know from Humprey Bogart.

That said, my disdain for the Phillippe Times is enough that actually criticizing the content would be a waste of time.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2005, 09:33:05 pm »

No, HizzleFizzleFiddleFaddle, I'm with you on that one.  The Philippe Times is definitely more in an adult Onstad's voice than a 5 year old otter's, but then I read back over the sentence I'm in the midst of typing and notice how ridiculous it all sounds.

This is one of those things that just doesn't work, but Onstad keeps plodding through trying to find the funny, like an SNL sketch or an issue of McSweeney's.  Sometimes artists can be stubborn and not just accept when things just plain don't work.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2005, 09:59:51 pm »

Doesn't Roast Beef write for the Phillipe Times on occasion? Maybe he helps the little guy out with the hard stuff.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2005, 10:22:57 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
...it's a pig pile.


SQUEEEAAAALL LIKE A PIG!

Anyway, yeah, middling comics. Hi, Biz, I really, really hope that you are the real Biz Markie. If you are, your latest album, "Weekend Warrior," was really good.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2005, 10:33:43 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
...it's a pig pile.


SQUEEEAAAALL LIKE A PIG!

Anyway, yeah, middling comics. Hi, Biz, I really, really hope that you are the real Biz Markie. If you are, your latest album, "Weekend Warrior," was really good.


If you are not, in fact, the Real Biz, then your latest album sucked.  Sorry to be the one to tell you.
Logged

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2005, 03:09:29 pm »

Um yes I am obviously the real Biz Markie. I thought this was obvious on account of my posts have extreme flow. Also obvious, however, is that Biz Markizzle is the name I use when I want to conceal my real identity. Please try and respect that Bozack. But thank you for the compliment on my album. Many people love it. It has sold literally ones of copies.
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2005, 03:33:25 pm »

Quote from: "Biz Markizzle"
Um yes I am obviously the real Biz Markie. I thought this was obvious on account of my posts have extreme flow. Also obvious, however, is that Biz Markizzle is the name I use when I want to conceal my real identity. Please try and respect that Bozack. But thank you for the compliment on my album. Many people love it. It has sold literally ones of copies.


Thread winner.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
11/18/2005 --(sorry to have an ego)
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2005, 12:57:02 am »

I second that - and the fact he has managed this while still in Scrambles gives me hope for the nation.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up