Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Poll

Have you ever written a song in your sleep?

No
- 1 (11.1%)
Yes
- 7 (77.8%)
No, just a couple of novels
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: November 20, 2005, 08:29:47 am


Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A dream about a toxic waste song  (Read 1609 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
A dream about a toxic waste song
« on: November 20, 2005, 08:29:47 am »

So about 8 years ago I had a dream I was in this concrete pit. In this pit was all manner of rusted and broken down old industrial equipment. Naturally, I wasn't happy to be in such a place. I certainly wasn't put at ease when the disembodied voice of Marilyn Manson began to wail Now You're In The Toxic Waaaaaste! I had to learn from the worlds stupidest goth that I was in the middle of a Superfund site. I think I began to itch right about the time he began to sing.

There really isn't any point to this story except to point out I once wrote a Marilyn Manson song in my sleep. I guess I might as well make a poll out of this while I'm at it.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
A dream about a toxic waste song
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 09:28:25 am »

I once had a dream in the format of a musical. I remember there was a protest-rallying song of some kind that formed the thematic backbone, and that at the end of it the protest song became through context a love song, but I don't remember lyrical specifics.

I also once woke up in midverse of singing "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend" in a super phony French accent. I didn't remember anything about the dream that had prompted me to be singing it as I woke up, though.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
A dream about a toxic waste song
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 04:31:02 pm »

I'm not usually one to remember my dreams, but here goes.  About 14 years ago, I fell asleep listening to Oingo Boingo's Dark at the End of the Tunnel  When I awoke, the tape was over and I really wanted to hear one of the songs again, the one that was stuck in my head.  Except that it didn't exist.

I'm not sure if my semi-conscious brain just jumbled the lyrics to a different song, or what.  But I like to believe that I composed an Oingo Boingo song in my sleep.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
A dream about a toxic waste song
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 03:36:47 pm »

I once wrote a short story in my sleep, and it took me days to write it out on paper.

Also, I made a drawing in my sleep, and it is one of the coolest drawings I have ever made.  I should find a scanner.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
A dream about a toxic waste song
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 11:01:54 pm »

I'm working on a short story right now which is just a continuation of a dream I had. Basically, it involved an old Salman Rushdie-looking guy, who is a famous retired animator, tripping on mescaline while sitting a white tile floor. He is sitting against a wall, and the walls of the entire, very well-lit floor, are covered with scrawled descriptions of his sexual affairs and paintings of Jung, Freud and Einstrein. He has a wife who is 20 years younger than him, who is well aware of his maritial infidelities, and a small, slight 7 year old son, who watches his father from the dumbwaiter.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: [1]   Go Up