Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ahoy-hoy!  (Read 4366 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Ahoy-hoy!
« on: November 21, 2005, 06:11:35 pm »

Greetings, all.  I am a latecomer to Achewood readership, but am making up for lost time; for instance, I am seeing to it that my SO and closest friends are inundated with references to the comic, and have posted two of my favourite strips ("Philippe's Mouth" and "Killing Is Like Basketball") on my dorm room door.  

Speaking of dorms, I am attending college in Massachusetts, but I hail from Virginia.

I've been lurking here for some time in the hope that my debut will not be met with slander and/or derision.  

I think that's enough for now.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ahoy-hoy!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 06:33:20 pm »

There are several us from VA, NoVa especially.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ahoy-hoy!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 07:05:01 pm »

C'mere you, so's I can slander and deride you!

/Moe Howard
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Ahoy-hoy!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 10:25:39 pm »

Wow, a massive influx of new guys. Welcome; where did you come from, by the by? Did you randomly find us, or did someone link you or invite you?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Ahoy-hoy!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 05:08:30 am »

I contribute every now and then to the general madness on the LNMAC board; I reasoned that Achewood must have a similar board, with members as interesting as the comics themselves.  After a quick Google search, I came across TOUMB, and I've been lurking ever since.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Ahoy-hoy!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 05:31:07 am »

Welcome Hobot - lurk in the shadows no more!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Ahoy-hoy!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 06:09:53 am »

Wait...crap...what did I see today that said something about Hobots and...basically, *****ic homeless people? Did you take your name from that?

Christ, what was I reading today that mentioned ***** homeless people?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Ahoy-hoy!
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 01:50:33 pm »

Bozack I know what you're talking about...sorta. I'm in the same mess as you, my brain is racing trying to remember. Something about Hobos being *****s but that's dumb because *****s are made for a purpose why would you make a homeless ***** and somehow Robocop came into the discussion! All this is killing me!! I can't remember...


hahah ok I'm new but why is Ro-bot blanked out? What's the joke? There has to be a joke behind it.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Ahoy-hoy!
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 02:32:14 pm »

Futurama has Hobots.  As I remember, the Latino Hobot that Bender interacts with, when he examines her circuitry, iturns out to actally a Man-bot.  She says something like "Damn man, one more upgrade and I'll be more woman than ju can handle!"
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Ahoy-hoy!
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 03:34:53 pm »

It seems as if I unconsciously took my name from "Futurama."  Damn.  I thought I was being devastatingly witty.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Ahoy-hoy!
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2005, 03:46:28 pm »

Well if you made is up without seeing it elsewhere then consider yourself witty. But I have to ask were you going for the homeless **#**, slutty **#** or gardening **#**? I can pull all  three from Hobot.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Ahoy-hoy!
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2005, 04:01:57 pm »

Homeless hobot.  My signature over at the Dumbrella boards is "Hobo + ***** = Hobot."

I do, however, enjoy gardening.  But I think that would be better conveyed through the moniker "Hoebot."
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Ahoy-hoy!
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2005, 04:25:47 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Wait...crap...what did I see today that said something about Hobots and...basically, *****ic homeless people? Did you take your name from that?

Christ, what was I reading today that mentioned ##### homeless people?


Was it this?

Also, welcome all (I'm too lazy to post it in every thread).
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ahoy-hoy!
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2005, 05:38:36 pm »

Quote from: "Hobot"
Homeless hobot.  My signature over at the Dumbrella boards is "Hobo + ##### = Hobot."

I do, however, enjoy gardening.  But I think that would be better conveyed through the moniker "Hoebot."

So did rstevens finally unfilter robot or does your sig actually have the five pound signs?
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Ahoy-hoy!
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2005, 07:12:54 am »

It must be unfiltered, because I have never noticed pound signs.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up