Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Holiday Orders  (Read 8327 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Holiday Orders
« on: November 21, 2005, 10:45:20 pm »

OK, so since I live in this insane place, I probably should make it useful to you all.

If anyone wants some bizarro tropical tscocthkes for stocking stuffers, etc. let me know what you want and I'll both buy it and mail to you at cost.

It's the least I can do for the likes of y'all. Here are some ideas:

Tropical Santa items - ornaments, decorations, etc
Authentic Aloha Shirts, particularly Christmas Themed ones

Food items: Lilikoi (Pasionfruit) Syrup, breakfast kits including Taro pancakes, coconut syrup, etc.
Macadamia nuts/Macadamia nut oil

Touristy tscotchkes inlcuiding puka shells, shark teeth necklaces, copra items, baskets, silly things made from coconuts, key chains, t-shirts, board shorts, etc.

Hawaii themed Christmas Cards


PM Me or post in this forum - or e-mail requests to JNehal(at)Hawaii.rr.com
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Holiday Orders
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 11:37:11 pm »

I could potentially be interested in macadamia nuts for my grandma. Also, chocolate covered ones.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Holiday Orders
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 11:42:32 pm »

I can send you Garlic and Onion Macadamie nuts! No kidding, and they are surprisngly good.

I'll post some photos and prices for you.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Holiday Orders
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 02:24:10 am »

What are taro pancakes like?  Are they purple?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Holiday Orders
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 12:09:24 am »

They are purple. Also popular here is taro bread, taro muffins, deep fried taro mochi, and other stuff too.

I have PM requests from two folks so far, so others let me know. I can get some pretty fun stuff out to you so act now.
Logged

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Holiday Orders
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 01:30:32 am »

What about some volcanic rocks? Can you sneak me out some of those? Also will the curse be on you, me or the pilot of the mail plane?
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Holiday Orders
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 04:57:46 am »

Quote from: "Hobo Frenzy"
What about some volcanic rocks? Can you sneak me out some of those? Also will the curse be on you, me or the pilot of the mail plane?


I think that just applies to Tiki idols you find in caves.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Holiday Orders
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 01:58:33 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote from: "Hobo Frenzy"
What about some volcanic rocks? Can you sneak me out some of those? Also will the curse be on you, me or the pilot of the mail plane?

I think that just applies to Tiki idols you find in caves.

I think he meant this. But Tiki Gods are bad news too. Didn't you see that Brady Bunch about them? Or hear the PotUSA songs based on that episode?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Holiday Orders
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 04:43:01 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote from: "Hobo Frenzy"
What about some volcanic rocks? Can you sneak me out some of those? Also will the curse be on you, me or the pilot of the mail plane?

I think that just applies to Tiki idols you find in caves.

I think he meant this. But Tiki Gods are bad news too. Didn't you see that Brady Bunch about them? Or hear the PotUSA songs based on that episode?

Oh, THANK YOU, Cort. That's an earworm I needed.

Bobby Brady found an idol in the rubble
Had no idea it'd cause so much trouble...
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Holiday Orders
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 06:04:35 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote from: "Hobo Frenzy"
What about some volcanic rocks? Can you sneak me out some of those? Also will the curse be on you, me or the pilot of the mail plane?

I think that just applies to Tiki idols you find in caves.

I think he meant this. But Tiki Gods are bad news too. Didn't you see that Brady Bunch about them? Or hear the PotUSA songs based on that episode?

Oh, THANK YOU, Cort. That's an earworm I needed.

Bobby Brady found an idol in the rubble
Had no idea it'd cause so much trouble...

But which specific version is lodged in your brain? Tiki God or Tiki Lounge God?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Holiday Orders
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 06:12:38 pm »

The regular ol' Tiki God.  I don't know the other one, thank God (npi).
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Holiday Orders
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 07:34:29 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
The regular ol' Tiki God.  I don't know the other one, thank God (npi).

Same band, same song, but done in a Lounge Singer style.
Logged

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
Holiday Orders
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005, 04:49:46 pm »

TIKI GOD! Why you make me shake you make me shiver? ALRIGHT!







god it's stuck in mine now toooooo!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Holiday Orders
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2005, 09:20:52 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote from: "Hobo Frenzy"
What about some volcanic rocks? Can you sneak me out some of those? Also will the curse be on you, me or the pilot of the mail plane?

I think that just applies to Tiki idols you find in caves.

I think he meant this. But Tiki Gods are bad news too. Didn't you see that Brady Bunch about them? Or hear the PotUSA songs based on that episode?


People have actually mailed black sand <Back> to Hawaii because all kinds of bad mojo befell them when they removed some.

We have some, but we have it on local authority that you are allowed to keep any that accidentally gets in your watershoes without the fell repercussions. Plus, we haven't left Hawaii with it.

Lava Rock Stories



So, back on task: I am packaging up two holiday orders. I am willing to shop for more of you. Post or PM if you are wanting anything from the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Holiday Orders
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2005, 12:19:28 am »

Um well I guess I'm really intrigued by the purple taro pancakes.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up