Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic  (Read 4502 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Thee

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 51
  • I adidas Rio
    • View Profile
    • New England Fashion Update!
My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
« on: November 22, 2005, 04:28:22 am »

I am living in San Luis Obispo, California while I study psychology at Cal Poly State University.  It was 85 degrees today.

I am a DJ at the college radio station, and therefore know more than you.

I've been reading Achewood for the last couple of years, and I enjoy declarative sentences.
Logged
R U Passionate??

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 04:41:24 am »

Hey Thee.

Is that something like five new active members in one day? That's a pretty good number.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 04:45:00 am »

Welcome, Thee. SLO is nice country; my grandparents live near there, and I had the pleasure of spending Christmas last year in the area.
Logged

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 05:18:03 am »

Quote from: "mudokon"
Hey Thee.

Is that something like five new active members in one day? That's a pretty good number.


TALKING BOUT' THEEEEE
IS A MAGIC NUMBER

Put that on your platter and spin it, SLOmin! Also welcome.
Logged
I am older now.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 05:30:02 am »

'tis of Thee.  Welcome.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 05:36:19 am »

Do we really need a new thread for each new member?  I mean, this is a recent phenomenon, no?

But oh yes, let's all boost our post count by saying "welcome" to each new member.

V-Adore

  • Guest
My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 05:50:37 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Do we really need a new thread for each new member?  I mean, this is a recent phenomenon, no?

But oh yes, let's all boost our post count by saying "welcome" to each new member.

C'mon, it's a spirit of welcoming and... you know. Good board spirit.

Also, hey, I ain't never leavin' Ocular Shenanigans without a post-count pumper.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 06:03:22 am »

I do not give a shit about post count.

However, I feel compelled to say that an undergraduate cannot truly be an alcoholic.  Just you wait, junior!  Keep it up and you'll find out what substance abuse triggered debasement really is.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 06:08:26 am »

I haven't actually looked at my post count in months. I am vaguely aware that it is less than some members, yet more than others. It is an enigma shrouded in a mystery, wrapped in pillowy flatbread and smothered with gravy- Texas style.

Welcome!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 02:07:11 pm »

I would say "welcome" but I'm pretty new myself. So "it's nice to meet ya" seems more in order, right? We're entering this thing together.

Jough what would you rather us do? Should I introduce myself here instead of making another post? But then I'd feel as if I was intruding on my new friend Thee. All coming into his thread and talking about myself like some self centered hobo!
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2005, 02:21:37 pm »

FUCK EVERYBODY STOP POSTING NEW POSTS WE'LL START A NEW THREAD AND EVERYBODY CAN HAVE ONE POST AND THEN THEY CAN EDIT IT AND THAT WAY EVERYONE WILL BE EQUAL UNDER GOD AMEN.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2005, 02:23:03 pm »

I think I've basically accepted that my post count shall never grow to the level of our more esteemed members therefore I try not to let it trouble me.
That said welcome to Thee and I hope your stay here is a pleasant one. The only people I've seen be banned from here are the ones who obviously came in intending to be assholes yet the level of conversation is generally pretty awesome which is a rare combination. My guess is Jough sacrificed a chicken or something over the server.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2005, 02:30:18 pm »

Look on my post count, ye mighty, and despair!

Well, except for Jough. And dammit, somebody has to discover the new ranks.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2005, 02:33:58 pm »

Jough totally sacrificed a chicken to the goodness of this board. The blood ran black on the altar, I tell you. Black. Strangely, I have no regrets...
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2005, 02:40:52 pm »

I don't know, I sort of like that the new people are intro-ing themselves individually.  It's very hard to gleen someones personality if they just suddenly appear randomly commenting on some topic.  To me, it's nice to have intro's.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up