Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Nov 22, 05 - HNNYAH!  (Read 4330 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Nov 22, 05 - HNNYAH!
« on: November 22, 2005, 06:52:24 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11222005

Enough with the cat crothes already. And this time there was bunching and shaking that I just didn't need to see. I don't think Showbiz ever moved his right hand.
Logged

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Nov 22, 05 - HNNYAH!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 07:07:11 pm »

This comic is all right, it gave me a smile, but I have basically gotten the point that Showbiz is capable of producing gestures that are amusing. He fake-shoots, he cocks his fake-gun and fake-shoots, he snaps his fingers dejectedly, he does...the thing he is doing in this comic. I would not mind if we went to a different storyline for a week or so and then came back to this and then he can give a peace sign or learn sign language from Liebot. I will be ready for more gestures by then.
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Nov 22, 05 - HNNYAH!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 07:08:33 pm »

Yeah cat crotches aren't the best sight, but still that forth panel made me laugh hard. You just have to ask the question why is he doing this? What would posses showbiz to grab his junk and shake it? I think it makes it all the more funny.

Before Roastbeef mentioned the gum I thought Showbiz was doing a Marlon Brando impression with his face. An older Marlon Brando mind you. I think the cheeks did it.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Nov 22, 05 - HNNYAH!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 07:23:28 pm »

Now when I smell something bad, I will think about what it smells like to ride the bus and wonder if riding the bus smells better, worse, or about the same as whatever I'm smelling.

I was in Manhattan last weekend and the whole of Midtown smells like hot dog carts and the steam that leaks from the ConEd manholes.  I bet riding the bus in Manhattan smells even worse than that, because it's not like the MTA has their buses all sealed up (thank god) so some of that urban aroma has got to waft its way up in there.

Cleveland also smells bad, but I think we've discussed that already.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Nov 22, 05 - HNNYAH!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 11:44:20 pm »

The story is losing me here...  Like I thought I got it how Showbiz is a kind of person who comes from Circumstances and I thought that it was the saddest thing that he couldn't tell time.  But would even a dude of this nature greet his brother's girlfriend in this way?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Skillator

  • Guest
Nov 22, 05 - HNNYAH!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 11:59:39 pm »

If the funny appeared in this strip I don't know where it was. It totally walked right past me with a fake mustache on and I missed it.

That said, anytime you can relate something to the smell on a bus, you have done well.

New insult inspired from todays strip: You smell like you took the bus.
Logged

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Nov 22, 05 - HNNYAH!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 11:59:47 pm »

I saw it as he just happened to be doing that as they walked in. I don't know that he did it because of Molly. Like he shoots his finger thing and holds it for 5 frames. He grabed his crotch and shook it and they walked in and he forgot he was doing it.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Nov 22, 05 - HNNYAH!
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 12:01:27 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
The story is losing me here...  Like I thought I got it how Showbiz is a kind of person who comes from Circumstances and I thought that it was the saddest thing that he couldn't tell time.  But would even a dude of this nature greet his brother's girlfriend in this way?


I'd bet that the gum will be the catalyst for Beef to let loose.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Paisley

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 50
    • View Profile
Nov 22, 05 - HNNYAH!
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 12:18:11 am »

Microanalysis ahead:

So, Molly starts out on Beef's right in frame 6, and then schooched behind him by frame 8? She doesn't quite have that look of disgusted horror that I'd expect, in any case, or maybe she's just trying to be polite.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Nov 22, 05 - HNNYAH!
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 01:40:45 am »

Quote from: "Paisley"
Microanalysis ahead:

So, Molly starts out on Beef's right in frame 6, and then schooched behind him by frame 8? She doesn't quite have that look of disgusted horror that I'd expect, in any case, or maybe she's just trying to be polite.

I'm going for stunned
Logged

rumpy doppelganger

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 69
  • drang
    • View Profile
Nov 22, 05 - HNNYAH!
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 04:10:04 am »

Quote from: "Skillator"
If the funny appeared in this strip I don't know where it was. It totally walked right past me with a fake mustache on and I missed it.


what

this strip is the funniest thing i have seen in .. days
Logged
These kids are the next generation of superstars loaded with bags of crazy tricks. Watch while they ride tasty waves and catch big air just like the pros, it'll make your jaw drop! Kids Who Rip invit

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Nov 22, 05 - HNNYAH!
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 04:47:17 am »

I know this dude (Showbiz).  In my world he's known as Albert.



~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Nov 22, 05 - HNNYAH!
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 04:55:36 am »

Quote from: "rumpy doppelganger"
Quote from: "Skillator"
If the funny appeared in this strip I don't know where it was. It totally walked right past me with a fake mustache on and I missed it.


what

this strip is the funniest thing i have seen in .. days



these two statements are not mutually exclusive
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Nov 22, 05 - HNNYAH!
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 05:43:57 am »

Quote from: "Hobo Frenzy"
I saw it as he just happened to be doing that as they walked in. I don't know that he did it because of Molly. Like he shoots his finger thing and holds it for 5 frames. He grabed his crotch and shook it and they walked in and he forgot he was doing it.


Except the alt-text makes it seem like it was especially for Molly.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Factitious

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Nov 22, 05 - HNNYAH!
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2005, 09:12:11 am »

How is it that Roast Beef knows Showbiz ate the entire pack of gum? I can see that he has a lot of gum in his mouth, but can Beef really tell that it's not, say, the entire pack except for one piece that was carefully saved? What I'm trying to say is that panels 5 and 6 didn't seem to fit together very smoothly.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up