Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Guilty Pleasure Webcomics  (Read 6954 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Guilty Pleasure Webcomics
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2005, 02:46:22 pm »

I pretty much only read Achewood.  I'll catch up on Perry Bible Fellowship every few weeks and take an occasional gander at Cat and Girl.  Nothing else much grabs me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Guilty Pleasure Webcomics
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2005, 05:51:08 pm »

Some while ago, Perry Bible Fellowship stopped making sense to me.  And then sometime after that it stopped working in Mozilla.  So it's all over between us.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Guilty Pleasure Webcomics
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2005, 06:22:36 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Some while ago, Perry Bible Fellowship stopped making sense to me.  And then sometime after that it stopped working in Mozilla.  So it's all over between us.

PBF is about as hit-or-miss as it gets; the hits hit hard, the misses miss by a mile. I, too, have become somewhat disillusioned. These days, when I think of it, I reread the archives of A Lesson is Learned But the Damage Is Irreversible, which reminds me of PBF if PBF attempted to have a narrative... and was in a different art style... and was deeper. ... So really it has nothing to do with PBF at all, but it reminds me of it for some reason and is also very good.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Guilty Pleasure Webcomics
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2005, 07:00:58 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
So really it has nothing to do with PBF at all, but it reminds me of it for some reason and is also very good.


Ssoooo... kinda like The Parking Lot is Full then?

(Whose site is for some undoggedly reason down at the moment.)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Guilty Pleasure Webcomics
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2005, 09:26:23 pm »

Oh, and I catch up at You Damn Kid every so often too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Guilty Pleasure Webcomics
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2005, 11:11:39 pm »

In the I cannot look away category is Bleedman Comics.
http://www.snafu-comics.com/

The artist David Stanworth aka Bleedman awkwardly crosses over several kids cartoons and other media from the Powerpuff Girls to Invader Zim to Dexter's Lab to many others in a heady blend of pathetic attempts at humor and laughable attempts at angsty melodrama. And girls getting spanked. And In Fight Powerpuff Girl panty shots. It's terrible yet he has many fans. I check in occasionally to see what dpeths of preversion he has sunk to.

Also in the adult-ifying kids shows category (in the Creepy Fan-Comic Based On Some Forgettable Piece of Timeslot Filler sub-category) is this

Of Mice And Mayhem A really way way way too involved Rescue Rangers fan-comic full of angst, espionage, romance, angst and angst that runs to 230 pages and is filled with dialogue like this

Quote
"Wait. Gadget. Chip's right! I searched for your life-force in the crystals and came up empty - but that V-Chip must have been 'blocking' your spirit at that very moment - removing your soul - WOW - from our plane of existence... somehow"
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Guilty Pleasure Webcomics
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2005, 01:49:40 am »

Quote from: "LCB"
It's terrible yet he has many fans. I check in occasionally to see what dpeths of preversion he has sunk to.


Yeah, and Pete Townsend was busted for child porn because he was "researching" to fight against it.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Guilty Pleasure Webcomics
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2005, 02:48:42 am »

Quote from: "LCB"
In the I cannot look away category is Bleedman Comics.
http://www.snafu-comics.com/


Dang, say what you will about Onstad, at least he knows the difference between "your" and "you're".
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Guilty Pleasure Webcomics
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2005, 04:36:30 am »

Oh, the Bleedman comics are ridiculously terrible. I think it's another case of someone with decent but marginal talent getting reinforced on their weaknesses: in this case, someone telling ol' Bleeder that his plotting was SOOOOO GOOOOOD when in fact his only strength is "has a decent art style, sort of."
Logged

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Guilty Pleasure Webcomics
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2005, 05:35:28 am »

Bleedman's comic is funny because while there are disturbing bits, it's the over the top angsty melodrama that makes it a winner for me. I laugh at moments where I'm supposed to be shocked, horrified, saddened and vice versa at the humorous moments.

Here's the "cover" of his PPG/Dexter's Lab comic that got him some notice.
Basically characters are a few years older. Dexter for instance is kind of femmy looking. And Bleedman develops an ultra cliche relationship between him and his version of Blossom.

Plus, Dexter's rival Mandark is now a raving kill-crazy psycho.

Here's the flashback to one of the unintentionally hilarious moments in this comic.LOOK OUT DEE DEE

OH THE TRAGED-HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

HA HA HA HA HA HA

HA HA...heh...heh...HA HA HA HA

Oh, it's been awhile since I saw that. I forgot how humorously hamfisted it was.
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Guilty Pleasure Webcomics
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2005, 06:09:41 am »

Quote from: "LCB"

Here's the flashback to one of the unintentionally hilarious moments in this comic.LOOK OUT DEE DEE

OH THE TRAGED-HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

HA HA HA HA HA HA

HA HA...heh...heh...HA HA HA HA

oh jesus

oh my GOD

Thank you, I about laughed myself stupid.

DEEDEE, NOOOOOO

(I have moments like that with Jack, too. "Oh, shit, the... triceratops... dude... just died from falling out of a tree? ... oh, wait, he got shot? ... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH")
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Guilty Pleasure Webcomics
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2005, 02:58:44 pm »

COMPUTERRRR!!!

God, it reminds me of the end of Revenge of the Sith-Monsters From Beyond Pluto, or whatever EPISODE III was actually called, when the new Darth Vader wakes up, and in his new Stephen Hawkings voice, goes, "What about Padme. Is she alright. Noooooooo."
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Guilty Pleasure Webcomics
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2005, 04:42:28 pm »

Normally I find the wacky links, but by God this is something I never thought could exist. I am flabbergasted.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Guilty Pleasure Webcomics
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2005, 05:30:09 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
"What about Padme. Is she alright. Noooooooo."


That bit made me angry  but also almost giggle at the same time.

Picture Darth Vader doing the little potty dance 5-6 year olds do when they have to go BAD.

Yeah, that kind of giggle.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Guilty Pleasure Webcomics
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2005, 05:59:44 pm »

hmmm.
one thing I'm -not- ashamed to read is anything on this website:
scott mccloud
It is sometimes a bit pretentious, but it's really well drawn. and stuff. Reading it makes me want to go get some "arty" comics from the local comic store.


Speaking of which, do any of you enjoy print comics?
I liked: Maus, Maus II, Jimmy Corgan (The Smartest Kid on Earth), and Hey, Wait!

I just passed the comic store yesterday, so that stuff was on my mind. I wish I could draw, but I gave up trying at an early age. so my drawing never progressed past the 5th grade level.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up