Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs  (Read 20630 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« on: December 01, 2005, 05:47:20 pm »

Just to start things off; I believe that our first blog of December is Lil' Neff talking about...erggghhhh.
I went to Suicide Girls to see if they actually did have a new dudes section (hey, it's winter-time and my gas bill is going up); as far as I can see, they don't, but I couldn't look at the website for more than a minute at a time without being felled by the twin hammers of Pretention and Over-Crowded Homepage. It was like having my eyes bludgeoned out by the Strokes. Not by the hand of one of the Strokes, but actually as if someone picked up the Strokes and jammed them into my eye sockets.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 06:19:10 pm »

"Triple hot mocha fluenza." This is all.
Logged

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Re: Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 07:01:19 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"

I went to Suicide Girls to see if they actually did have a new dudes section (hey, it's winter-time and my gas bill is going up); as far as I can see, they don't, but I couldn't look at the website for more than a minute at a time without being felled by the twin hammers of Pretention and Over-Crowded Homepage. It was like having my eyes bludgeoned out by the Strokes. Not by the hand of one of the Strokes, but actually as if someone picked up the Strokes and jammed them into my eye sockets.


 Aren't you the guy who gets pissed when people link bad websites? Yeah, I've avoided that stew since I fell into it by way of the former Makeoutclub byway. Boo to that!    

I want LN to start writing more modern poetry and hyping it like he runs a hip hop label. The joint-o-vision arc has been pretty funny (in blog form).
Logged
I am older now.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 08:22:31 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Just to start things off; I believe that our first blog of December is Lil' Neff talking about...erggghhhh.
I went to Suicide Girls to see if they actually did have a new dudes section (hey, it's winter-time and my gas bill is going up); as far as I can see, they don't, but I couldn't look at the website for more than a minute at a time without being felled by the twin hammers of Pretention and Over-Crowded Homepage. It was like having my eyes bludgeoned out by the Strokes. Not by the hand of one of the Strokes, but actually as if someone picked up the Strokes and jammed them into my eye sockets.

You mean that there's more to SG than just the picture packs floating around on eDonkey? Whoda thunk it?
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 10:32:43 pm »

Andalucia just finished a semiotics (or something) paper on SG, and, instead of dropping the $10 for research, she just searched SoulSeek and downloaded from there. Apparently, one picture is of a woman in bondage gear pouring Pabst Blue Ribbon on herself. If that doesn't tell you the (fake) target audience, I don't know what would.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 04:38:13 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Andalucia just finished a semiotics (or something) paper on SG, and, instead of dropping the $10 for research, she just searched SoulSeek and downloaded from there. Apparently, one picture is of a woman in bondage gear pouring Pabst Blue Ribbon on herself. If that doesn't tell you the (fake) target audience, I don't know what would.

Wow, it's like an explosion at the Pretentious Hipster Factory. Was she also wearing a black trucker hat emblazoned with an upside-down cross? Because that's what I'm picturing.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 05:06:48 am »

So, Bobby mentioned it, but why is PBR such a hipster thing?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 05:22:49 am »

Quote from: "miles"
So, Bobby mentioned it, but why is PBR such a hipster thing?

As I understand it, it's the hipster appropriation of symbols of the underclass -- basically, the same reason that trucker hats were popular and '70's-style retro advertising t-shirts are big now. Consciously adopting products seen as "shoddy" or "gauche" despite having better means reflects a certain hip irony, I think.

Feel free to correct me, people who actually know things about this.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 05:59:43 am »

That's kind of the idea I had, but to me, PBR is simply really cheap but not absoulte shit beer (though I almost never drink it).  I'd never made the connection between the two before this board.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 07:07:24 am »

Two words: Knoxville. Jackass.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 07:16:43 am »

Quote from: "miles"
That's kind of the idea I had, but to me, PBR is simply really cheap but not absoulte shit beer (though I almost never drink it).  I'd never made the connection between the two before this board.


It's absolute shit beer.
Logged

Thee

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 51
  • I adidas Rio
    • View Profile
    • New England Fashion Update!
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2005, 10:24:23 am »

Hipsters "lower" on the totem pole will like PBR.  Others will wear Pabst shirts or "I heart Pabst" bracelets, but won't touch the stuff.  Also, note that the suicide girl was not, in fact, DRINKING the PBR.
Logged
R U Passionate??

V-Adore

  • Guest
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2005, 04:09:29 pm »

Beer thread split into a new thread in Sports & Leisure so we can theoretically talk about the actual blogs in here.

So, about the "blog, revisited" concept: Which is weirder, the realization of how long the blogs have been running now or the lameness of doing reposts of optional material?
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2005, 04:15:02 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Beer thread split into a new thread in Sports & Leisure so we can theoretically talk about the actual blogs in here.

So, about the "blog, revisited" concept: Which is weirder, the realization of how long the blogs have been running now or the lameness of doing reposts of optional material?


BRING BACK VARIETY HOUR!
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2005, 06:02:37 pm »

Quote from: "Mantonio"

BRING BACK VARIETY HOUR!


That won't be necessary, thanks.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up