Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs  (Read 20723 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2005, 06:08:44 am »

OK, I am so confused by all this nonsense.  Chips?  Toothpaste?  Vinegar?

Is the toothpaste really that good?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2005, 09:58:51 am »

http://www.tomsfoods.com/products.cfm

Not the same, you see. The other company makes natural bathroom products. And yes, they are pretty good and "natural."
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2005, 02:49:33 pm »

Eh. I'm a Dirty Chips man. Mmm, Lightly Salted.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2005, 05:50:35 pm »

I didn't know you liked sailors so much.

REMEMBER THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TOMS, PEOPLE.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2005, 07:42:41 am »

I guess i'm the last to see Molly for what she is, but there is no doubt about it now, she's a bitch.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2005, 07:52:34 am »

I guess I am not sure what about the most recent entries casts a clear light of truth on Molly == Bitch. The potato-chips scenario is one of Beef's worst-case imaginings as far as I can tell and I have to say that his Christmas list really is pretty non-helpful for someone who wants to treat him better than he thinks he deserves to be treated.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2005, 05:19:05 pm »

I agree with Ben; I don't understand why the recent blog updates are definitive proof of Molly's bitchiness.  She's not my favourite character, but I think she makes Beef at least somewhat happier than he would be if he were alone.  I didn't get the impression that she outright refused Beef's request for steak and eggs; she was just frustrated that he didn't provide her with a better way to show how much she cares about him.

Maybe I'm sympathising with Molly because my SO is kind of like Beef, in that he doesn't like the gift-giving aspect of the holiday season; this makes me feel guilty that I do enjoy it, "And that sends me into a shame spiral."

Having said that, I do miss Heaven Molly.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2005, 05:49:03 pm »

Quote from: "Hobot"

Having said that, I do miss Heaven Molly.


Yeah, well isn't that how we all feel when the honeymoon is over...
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2005, 06:07:58 pm »

Quote from: "Hobot"
I agree with Ben; I don't understand why the recent blog updates are definitive proof of Molly's bitchiness.

It's proof because Beef made a very simple request and she is blaming him for not doing her job for her.  If she doesn't like his suggestion (an unexpected steak) and wants to give him a "proper" present she should just do it and stop complaining that Beef isn't being helpful.  Mantonio mentioned that "Molly needs to do a better job of understanding her man."  I agree, if she was paying attention she wouldn't need a fuck*ng list, she would already know what he wants/needs.  But she's in holiday complaint mode.  I just can't stand people who act like they're oh so put upon by the holidays.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2005, 07:24:24 pm »

Well, it's not like Molly can't/won't come up with original gift ideas for Beef; see also the train schedule last year. The problem as I read it is that she sees Beef as having on one hand asked for a more direct communication and then on the other refused to give it. Calling the list swap a bitchy thing for her to try is perplexing as it appears to be Beef's idea.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2005, 08:30:45 pm »

Quote from: "Hobot"
Maybe I'm sympathising with Molly because my SO is kind of like Beef, in that he doesn't like the gift-giving aspect of the holiday season; this makes me feel guilty that I do enjoy it, "And that sends me into a shame spiral."

So you're seeing Brad Goodman?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2005, 09:09:50 pm »

Speaking as someone who has a very, very Beegiraffe SO -- yes, it is hard to understand your man, especially when you know that doing basically anything he doesn't like sets off a cascade of passive-aggressive shame. I can empathize with Molly here a lot. ("Why am I supposed to explain my every fleeting thought clearly, but you can be obscure and I'm supposed to put up with it?")*

Molly is doing her best with a difficult guy, and Beef is doing his best to deal with the complex and difficult social interaction that is being in a relationship. I think it's a bit simplistic to describe their dynamic as one-sidedly as "Molly is a bitch," much like I don't think Beef and Ray's dynamic can be summed up with "Ray is an asshole." One ofthe things I like best about this comic is that, for all its absurdity, the character relationships are well-textured and have realistic complexity.

* In many ways the difference between my SO and Beef is that Beef tries harder.**
** Sorry. Love-life things aren't going so hot for me right now. I promise to get back to talking about the depressed dogs and retarded otter soon.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2005, 10:12:08 pm »

if i asked for steak and eggs for christmas,
and i got steak and eggs for christmas,
i'd be happy.

if i asked for steak and eggs for christmas,
and i was told that was not an acceptable answer,
i'd be sad.

if i asked for steak and eggs for christmas,
and i got steak and eggs for christmas,
and i was brought the steak and eggs on a nice
plate carried by the person i loved wearing a cute
christmas outfit and was also presented with
unasked for things like maybe my favorite beer
and clutch playing on the cd player
then that would be extraordinary.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2005, 05:16:17 am »

I would think that buying gifts for Beef would be the easiest thing on Earth- whatever you get him, he will be amazed that you got it. CD's, DVD's, books, magazines- he's gonna love it. However, we did see how he reacted to the shirt she bought him.
I think I've finally figured out my family enough to actually get something for my dad that he might actually like/use: two hardcover (hard-cover is key for my dad) books by Joseph Ratzinger, a.k.a. Notorious P.O.P.E., one on  the Liturgy and one on unknown implications of the Cathecism. I'm sure these make my employee holds look a bit off at work, because there are two books by the Pope right next to the book and DVD of Naked Lunch (for my brother).
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2005, 07:23:53 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I would think that buying gifts for Beef would be the easiest thing on Earth- whatever you get him, he will be amazed that you got it.


That's a good point.  And if he doesn't like it, he'll feel too guilty to actually tell you.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up