Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs  (Read 20644 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2005, 02:17:31 pm »

Dang old California people and their See's. So wacky.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2005, 02:33:26 pm »

Oh dang I am going to have to buy my birthday chocolate from someplace else now.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Re: Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2005, 06:55:25 am »

Quote from: Onstad
MY POLICY ON PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW GETTING THINGS FOR ME OFF MY AMAZON WISH LIST:
Thanks!

Oh hee hee man hee hee hee!
Solid update but I am NOT looking forward to reading the end of NP's book.
Logged
I am older now.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2005, 07:47:36 am »

Dang old California people and their See's. So wacky.

I had a brief stint working as an assistant manager at Fannie May candy store for four months until the company folded (its recipes, name, and some of its properties have been purchased and although the candy is made in a different factory, the stores have re-opened). People would come into the store and rag on other chocolate companies like crazy. "So, I went to europe and sampled all the finest chocolates there. They don't compare! Godiva is too waxy. Whitman's Sampler? Get serious." Some of the attitude I can chalk up to regional preference, but you know what? I ate that chocolate all day and never got tired of it. I would sometimes have cravings for it on my days off. I informed my friend on the west coast of Fannie May's supperiority and she said "Really? I always thought See's was the best." No, it is not. It is not the best. My dad's wife sends me See's candies every Christmas and Easter and it is not that good. Granted, the stuff she sells me is probably the type of stuff that they buy from other companies and slap their names on (Fannie May did that with peripheral stuff), but I have no problems passing judgment on their entire product line based on those candies.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2005, 06:43:42 pm »

I had a brief stint working as an assistant manager at Fannie May candy store for four months

I've heard of Fanny Farmer chocolates...(If I had some land, I would be a "Fanny Farmer" HA-HAW!) but I've never heard of Fannie Mae outside the context of low-income housing lenders. The internet tells me there are Fanny May chocolates....weird.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2005, 07:26:24 pm »

Well, it is Fannie May http://www.fanniemay.com/ which is a sister company of Fanny Farmer (first names spelled differently). Fannie May is the superior product line. Now I'm hungry... Freddie Mac has yet to make his foray into the chocolate industry, but maybe he should. Maybe he should.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 07:30:28 pm by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2005, 08:13:02 pm »

I've heard of Fanny Farmer chocolates...(If I had some land, I would be a "Fanny Farmer" HA-HAW!) but I've never heard of Fannie Mae outside the context of low-income housing lenders. The internet tells me there are Fanny May chocolates....weird.
The confusion stems from the fact that a small box of Fanny May candy is given to each new Fannie Mae tenant in anticipation of the tenants' soon-to-be-broken dreams.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2005, 10:32:44 pm »

I dated a girl from CA that sent me some See's once as a gift. I don't remember a whole lot about it, except I didn't like it that much.

Give me fuck*ng Hershey's, man. I ain't proud.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2005, 03:57:36 am »

so...
onstad is implying that we should send him presents?

Also: Strays? Why would you want strays? It's like if the Beatles got together, but it was really just... without the bassist who wrote most of their songs.

I guess that comparison wouldn't work for the Beatles, because the Beatle's bassist who wrote many of their songs is alive, whereas Lennon is dead. I don't know what his counterpart in Jane's Addiction is.

ANyway. what I'm saying is, Strays is not a great thing to listen to.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2005, 05:37:35 am »

so...
onstad is implying that we should send him presents?

Also: Strays? Why would you want strays? It's like if the Beatles got together, but it was really just... without the bassist who wrote most of their songs.

I guess that comparison wouldn't work for the Beatles, because the Beatle's bassist who wrote many of their songs is alive, whereas Lennon is dead. I don't know what his counterpart in Jane's Addiction is.

ANyway. what I'm saying is, Strays is not a great thing to listen to.

Fuck you.  McCartney is a sellout fuck*ng hack.  He's about this far from dang ol' Johnny Cougar.  He'd do waterbed commercials on AM radio if there was more than 4 bucks in it for him.  Fuck that shit.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2005, 05:10:47 pm »

what?
what?

Why are you...
what did I....
ahh!
ahh!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2005, 10:40:15 am »

So does Nice Pete's novel actually exist?
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: Grandpa Got Run Over By A Blog- December Blogs
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2005, 03:34:03 pm »

So does Nice Pete's novel actually exist?

And is it illustrated? I'm horrified by the idea that it is, yet I'd be more interested in it with, you know, pictures and stuff.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up