Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's going on up there?  (Read 3497 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
What's going on up there?
« on: December 01, 2005, 09:43:50 pm »

Canadian Leader Says Bush Responsible for Coming Intergalactic War

So Former Canadian Defense Minister Paul Hellyer is convinced that

1) there are aliens
2) US Airforce did have alien cadavers
3) US military is preparing for alien attack


I'm listening to him on talk radio right now. He sounds kind of nuts to me.

Another fun story: Tory MP mistakes sci-fi mag for ethnic TV

This isn't really going to be a big election issue, is it?
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
What's going on up there?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 11:01:04 pm »

Oh, it's such a stupid, stupid election.  

No one's really focusing on the stupid stuff about aliens or not knowing about Omni magazine, thankfully.  

It's a bit of a mess here in Canada right now.  I'm basically deeply annoyed by the whole damn fall of the Canadian Government.  The party I usually vote for teamed up with Qubec Separatists and the party I usually hate to bring down the Liberals, so now I don't want to vote for any of them.  I might just vote for the Party party this year since I'm sick of all of them at this point!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
What's going on up there?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 05:56:25 pm »

Quote
The United States military are preparing weapons which could be used against the aliens, and they could get us into an intergalactic war without us ever having any warning. The Bush administration has finally agreed to let the military build a forward base on the moon, which will put them in a better position to keep track of the goings and comings of the visitors from space, and to shoot at them, if they so decide.


I think the craziest part of the whole crazy speech is that Hellyer referred to "the aliens" and "the visitors from space" -- he's so convinced of the existence of aliens that he used articles to specify which ones are coming for us.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
What's going on up there?
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 06:02:26 pm »

Wouldn't aliens capable of space flight

a) probably have better weapons than us, and

b) be able to time and locate their approach and landing so as to be on the other side of the earth from the moon?
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
What's going on up there?
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 07:35:24 pm »

This is the first election I'm old enough to vote in, and I'm pretty disappointed that it's such a crummy one.  I found out the NDP candidate for my riding is some dude who goes to my school and his only political experience is running a GSA at cégep, so I'm probably gonna vote Bloc, cause last time the Liberal candidate here beat them by something like 72 votes.
Logged
goose means greedy

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
What's going on up there?
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 11:26:52 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
This is the first election I'm old enough to vote in, and I'm pretty disappointed that it's such a crummy one.  


Is it ever not a crummy one?

I hate voting.  It feels like taking the SAT.  Going to a strange place to take a test with a bunch of strangers, and I'm sure I don't know all the right answers, and the wrong answers have terrible consequences for years to come.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
What's going on up there?
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005, 02:33:40 pm »

No, politicians will try to shake your hand and perhaps if you look like a baby, they maybe will try to kiss you.  Do you... look like a big baby?  Because, well, that would be fun.

The election is at the end of January.  Fortunatly election fever in Canada is the level of excitement equivlient to when your parents call you to tell you they want to take you to lunch at a Country Kitchen-type buffet - there are several choices, but they are all a study in mediocrity
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
What's going on up there?
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 04:26:46 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Fortunatly election fever in Canada is the level of excitement equivlient to when your parents call you to tell you they want to take you to lunch at a Country Kitchen-type buffet .


Next time I have to vote I'm going to try to think of it this way.  Thanks.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1]   Go Up