Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: So... who wants a mixtape?  (Read 14024 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2005, 01:38:27 pm »

Yeah... I mailed some envelopes to Australia a few weeks ago, and it came to 60 cents a piece. So I would imagine that whatever it costs to mail CD's, roughly double it and it should work out. I just went to the post office to do it, so I'd just let them handle the details.

On a side note, it boggles me that it costs a dollar for me to get a double cheeseburger at McDonald's, but 60 cents to take an envelope of stuff and send it to the other side of the planet.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2005, 04:40:28 am »

So what's going on with this? We doin' it? I'm thinking I might make a mix CD, and then couple it with a CD in which I cover all of the songs- just me, my Danelectro Longhorn, GarageBand and a dream!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2005, 05:04:26 am »

So what's going on with this? We doin' it? I'm thinking I might make a mix CD, and then couple it with a CD in which I cover all of the songs- just me, my Danelectro Longhorn, GarageBand and a dream!
I'm working on it. Due to finals week, I failed to print out the cover art before break, so I plan to do the distro in early January. Mea culpa...
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2005, 07:07:44 am »

Oh, no, I wasn't asking "WHERE'S MY DAMN MIX TAPE!"
I was wondering whether we were doing another Achewood swap. Mea culpa to you, my dear lady!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2005, 05:14:30 pm »

bozack, I think I want to steal your guitar.

Or, just take a picture of it. To look at in my private moments...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2005, 10:50:26 pm »

bozack, I think I want to steal your guitar.

Or, just take a picture of it. To look at in my private moments...

It took me a damn month to find that guitar. It has the longest fingerboard of any production model guitar, ever, and Link Wray played one.
Whether or not it actually sounds good is a question I leave to the Philosophers, but I am in love with it. Also, mine is SPARKLYYYY.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2006, 08:31:24 pm »

Sorry to necromance this topic, but just so people know, I just sent out the mixtapes. Mea culpa on the delay. Everyone who PM'd an address, expect mail. (Paul, I sent yours to the address you gave me way back when; if it doesn't work, my apologies, and I'll resend.)
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2006, 09:55:58 pm »

hoorayyyy!!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2006, 02:33:17 am »

(Paul, I sent yours to the address you gave me way back when; if it doesn't work, my apologies, and I'll resend.)

I'm still nominally there.  I'm not in Utah yet at any rate, but in San Antonio training and home for the weekend.  Next week is my last week in San Antonio then i'll have a few days to pack up and get to Utah.  So It should be waiting for me when I get home Friday evening.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2006, 04:43:32 am »

Arrived!!!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2006, 05:04:00 am »

I got mine yesterday
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2006, 05:17:31 am »

I got one! hoorah!

I have not yet put it in the cd machine. but I like the track list.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2006, 07:57:38 pm »

Glad to hear they're getting there okay.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2006, 10:03:26 pm »

Nothing like an unexpected Mix-CD to brighten up the day.  Thanks, V!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2006, 10:50:18 pm »

I just got it today... I like the cover art :D
(oh and I got to track 6 before I had to restart my computer.. I shall carry on in a minute!)
Logged
Texas only kept me awake
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up