Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: So... who wants a mixtape?  (Read 14053 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2006, 04:18:53 am »

my girlfriend has asked if she can burn a copy.
so, it is a success! it brings people together! (normally we listen to opposite music).

thank you a lot. it made me glad.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2006, 05:45:29 am »

my girlfriend has asked if she can burn a copy.
so, it is a success! it brings people together! (normally we listen to opposite music).

thank you a lot. it made me glad.

Yay! I'm glad it was liked. (Also, thank you for liking my weird cover art, Starlight!)
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2006, 05:17:04 pm »

Mine came yesterday, along with a shitload of other stuff I had recently purchased (The Go! Team, Tullycraft, Amusement Parks on Fire, Mclusky, Yesterday's New Quintet).

It was a musical-icious day.  Too bad about the inky fingerprint on the mix that made it skip, just a little.  I'm sure it'll clean off, I just haven't done it yet.

Anyway, the point of this all is:  thanks, V!
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2006, 03:12:29 pm »

No problem. Sorry about the fingerprint; it was a busy day at the CD-Burn-o-mat.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2006, 09:37:47 am »

V, you are godly.
The Shatner alone.....

The only song I didn't really care for was hotel, but apart from that it was golden.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2006, 07:39:40 pm »

Seriously, wasn't the Shatner track a thing? I got Has Been on a lark, figuring it'd be hipster-iron-o-tastic, and then "What Have You Done" cued up and I just lost it. It's really the anchor of the mixtape -- or, at least, the reason I chose to make a mixtape about a novel about an emotionally-retarded Japanese man dealing with his girlfriend's suicide.

(No, not Norwegian Wood. The other one.)

"Hotel" is mostly thematic; there's better stuff by the band, but that fit the theme best.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2006, 07:56:21 pm »

Was able to give the mix a solid listen for the first time last night.  Very engaging, the whole was greater than the sum of it's parts*, and that is the mark of a great mixtape.  Excellent.  I'm with doc, the only song I didn't like was Hotel.

~Paul

*Except for All We Have is Now which is awesome all by itself.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2006, 09:26:12 pm »

um.
I liked the Hotel song.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2006, 01:32:32 am »

um.
I liked the Hotel song.

Well, I do too, or else I wouldn't have put it on. I can see how it wouldn't quite be to people's tastes, though, so I was attempting to explain why it was on the mix at all. Is all I'm saying.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked it. I'm glad that people derived enjoyment from this in general.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2006, 03:17:46 am »

Is that Broken Social Scene's "Hotel?"
Not my favorite track on that record by any means, but it's OK.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2006, 03:35:26 am »

Is that Broken Social Scene's "Hotel?"
Not my favorite track on that record by any means, but it's OK.

Nope; it's by one of my weird Interweb-band favorites, Raised By Wolves. No BSS, although "Anthem for a 17-Year-Old Girl" could have worked.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2006, 03:56:12 am »

Hmm.  It sounds like They Might Be Giants after they discovered my uncle's really shitty effects processor and found the INCUBUS setting.

And I don't mean this in a bad way.

Yes, my uncle really does have one. I wasn't just being clever. It's actually not that shitty. It's kinda fun to fuck around with.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2006, 04:05:04 am »

Is that Broken Social Scene's "Hotel?"
Not my favorite track on that record by any means, but it's OK.

I hope that's not BSS.  If it is, they might just have to lose one of their S's.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2006, 04:28:41 am »

Nope; it's by one of my weird Interweb-band favorites, Raised By Wolves. No BSS, although "Anthem for a 17-Year-Old Girl" could have worked.

Oh ok.  The case is in the car so I couldn't check.  Although Anthem for a 17 year old Girl would have been awesome, Anthem by Rush would have been awsomer.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: So... who wants a mixtape?
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2006, 09:52:48 am »

I still haven't gotten one. :(

Do I not rate?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up