Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Movies you just *know* you'll HATE  (Read 6552 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2005, 11:43:09 pm »

Oh wow, I almost yacked just reading that andalucia. But if that can make SpyKids good then more power to ya!

V-Adore like I said I'm ussually wrong about movies that I judge too quicky. So if you say Oceans 12 is good, then I'll probably check it out sooner than later. I think the reason I hated the idea was that I liked the first one so much and the second was looked so bad in the previews, that I didn't want the the second one to ruin it for me. I just hope you're right, I'll watch it this weekend and report back commander.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2005, 11:53:12 pm »

I have to say, although the idea of hating a movie before one sees it seems kind of...well a lot of things, I guess I do it often enough.  Usually, that opinion won't keep me from watching a movie (being broke does that), and I certainly don't intend to hate it if I do see it, but it does keep me from going out of my way to see it.  If a preview makes me cringe, or I hate one of the actors, or if the director/screenwriter's previous work didn't do it for me, I will sometimes make the judgment that I probably won't like it.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2005, 12:48:11 am »

Star Wars Episode III.

[/obvious obviousness]
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2005, 03:29:19 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Dude, come on now.  Spy Kids 3d is fine if you see it as it is meant to be seen: at the drivein with friends, with pot, chocolate bars, and cheap red wine.

The Drive In is back!!!  God Bless America.  You forgot to mention sex in the front and back seat.  Being teenagers and trading partners at intermission.  That is a recipe for fun.  Those were the days.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2005, 07:26:55 am »

Jeez, Paul, way to rub it in. We didn't all get to go to Ridgemont High.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2005, 11:38:00 am »

You are all insane. Hating movies before seeing them is the only moral stand left when --

--Boring, what I wanted to say is: Dudes, why is your TV kicking your movies' ass lately? More craft wit and care in one episode of "Monk" than in a year's worth of sequels, prequels, in-betweenels, adaptations and remakes; http://www.juicycerebellum.com/usedideas.htm
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2005, 03:13:55 pm »

Monk?  Are you kidding me?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2005, 03:24:16 pm »

No I am not kidding you. I am not. Kidding you.

Miles: I am not kidding you.
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2005, 05:54:23 pm »

Hey, there's TV that indeed, kicks the movie industry's ass, but Monk indeed...

Also, as for obviousness. I too put down Star Wars Ep III. Not going to watch it. Haven't even watched II. Thanks to the prequels I am now horribly conflicted about Star Wars, and take little interest in a fictional universe I once loved.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2005, 06:07:34 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Hey, there's TV that indeed, kicks the movie industry's ass, but Monk indeed...

Also, as for obviousness. I too put down Star Wars Ep III. Not going to watch it. Haven't even watched II. Thanks to the prequels I am now horribly conflicted about Star Wars, and take little interest in a fictional universe I once loved.


Good job Slink! Only 11 Steps to go! Your sponsor has got to be SO proud of you.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2005, 07:35:11 pm »

i think monk is excellent entertainment.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2005, 08:09:56 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

Good job Slink! Only 11 Steps to go! Your sponsor has got to be SO proud of you.


Yeah. Now I just smoke and drink... *

And Ark, I tried to watch Monk, and maybe it's gotten better, but I just couldn't really get into it.

(actually, I think they're 11 and 10)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2005, 08:27:16 pm »

It wasn't horrible by any means, but I wouldn't put it with the best that TV has to offer, and I wouldn't say it's better or even on par with the best that Hollywood or any film industry has to offer.

And the guy really fuck*ng annoys me.  But I haven't watched it since it's first season.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2005, 09:58:46 pm »

Quote from: "miles"

And the guy really fuck*ng annoys me.  But I haven't watched it since it's first season.


well, he really is an annoying person.

~~~
"Hi Mr. Monk, Nice to meet you"
-extend hand for handshake-
"uh, i can't touch you, germs, germs, AAARRRRRGGGHHH"
~~~

there is nothing new under the sun or on tv, but it's fairly nice
to watch something slightly different.

so, rather than "how is he going to solve the crime in the last 10 minutes of the show this time?" you get "what is going to grab his attention in some OCD manner at the last minute to almost stop him from solving the crime?".

maybe because i only watch the show occassionally is it that i enjoy it.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

V-Adore

  • Guest
Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2005, 01:15:04 am »

I've always wondered about Monk. The SO really likes it, but the SO likes a lot of weird things, and I'm convinced that he's just into it because the protagonist is more neurotic than he is. I'm not sure I could stand it for a minute.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up