Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movies you just *know* you'll HATE  (Read 6521 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2005, 01:32:45 am »

I think it's funny. I like Monk as a show a lot (I liked the first assistant better, though). I think if I perceived myself as being like him it would scare me though.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2005, 01:33:42 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "andalucia"
Dude, come on now.  Spy Kids 3d is fine if you see it as it is meant to be seen: at the drivein with friends, with pot, chocolate bars, and cheap red wine.

The Drive In is back!!!  God Bless America.  You forgot to mention sex in the front and back seat.  Being teenagers and trading partners at intermission.  That is a recipe for fun.  Those were the days.

Quote from: "Bozack"
Jeez, Paul, way to rub it in. We didn't all get to go to Ridgemont High.

Oh man, that shit went on all the time.*

~Paul

*Once, it happened once and technically it wasn't even sex, certainly not by todays standard, just heavy petting.  I did have sex with one of those girls, but not that night.  There was this one time though..., but that wasn't at the drive in.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2005, 01:54:34 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
*Once, it happened once and technically it wasn't even sex, certainly not by todays standard, just heavy petting. I did have sex with one of those girls, but not that night. There was this one time though..., but that wasn't at the drive in.


There should be a name for the mix of confusion, intrigue, and fear that I'm feeling right now.

Something like.....infearsion.

Anyway, sounds like a lively drive-in.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2005, 02:45:49 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

Good job Slink! Only 11 Steps to go! Your sponsor has got to be SO proud of you.


Yeah. Now I just smoke and drink... *

And Ark, I tried to watch Monk, and maybe it's gotten better, but I just couldn't really get into it.

(actually, I think they're 11 and 10)


Wait, I wasn't paying attention - I thought you quit smoking.  Oh, slink.  Ohhh, slink.  Sigh.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Schkura

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2005, 02:52:49 pm »

I'm a movie snob, so I'll hate everything that's coming out. 

I'm so lonely.
Logged

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
Re: Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2005, 04:46:18 pm »

No Schkura, you're not. That's the spirit.
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Re: Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2005, 11:48:20 pm »

The thread about The Ringer inspired me to add the following film to this list:

The Ringer

Also, all CG movies not made by Pixar are total shit. There was a preview for one before King Kong where Bruce Willis plays a squirrel or something. Each one is worse than the one that came before it. It's a mathematic law or somesuch.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2005, 12:41:20 am »

I add "Broke Back Mountain" to the pile.  Gay cowboys?  Sigh, yeah Ang, go ahead and "push the envelope" - oh wait, the "envelope" has already been pushed.  Over ten fuck*ng years ago.  In fact, next year the "envelope" will be torn open and they will say, "and the Oscar for best film goes to 'a film not entitled Broke Back Mountain!'"  I don't care how hot two strait guys are, it is not sexy or provocative to make them kiss, it's just a shameless Oscar push.  Boo.  Boo to that.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2005, 01:01:57 am »

  I don't care how hot two strait guys are, it is not sexy or provocative to make them kiss, it's just a shameless Oscar push. 

And yet, the exact opposite thing happens with women. Go figure.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2005, 05:00:44 am »

Well for women, we've got the shameless sex-ploitation kiss, and then we've now got the Oscar-push lesbian kissing a-la "Monster."  Yeah, there were a lot of not sexy moments in that film.  I worry about anyone who found that movie sexy - you could damn near smell the stale stink of nicotine and day old cum coming off Charlize Theron in that movie.   
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Movies you just *know* you'll HATE
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2005, 08:07:41 am »

I add "Broke Back Mountain" to the pile.  .

I've had this problem where every time I mention this film, I subconsciously call it "bareback mountain".

Go figure.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up