Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: is this kosher?  (Read 15513 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
is this kosher?
« on: December 04, 2005, 07:00:43 pm »

Edit: god damn, it wouldn't let me link to the picture.

Anyway, I wanted to use a picture that someone had on here as my usericon/avatar/whatever. It was the panel when Phillipe tries to put the pork chops into the applesauce (or rather: imagines himself doing it).
Does anyone remember whose picture that was? Is it a horrible horrible theft to use it myself?

I'll try to find someplace where I can post it so that I can link to it...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
is this kosher?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 07:02:21 pm »

Is that Philippe's pork chop and applesauce?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
is this kosher?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 07:04:14 pm »

exactly.

How... how could you tell -before- I posted the edit? Could you see the picture?

I'm so confused! All I saw on the original was a link to a site which I may be mocked for using. So. Um...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
is this kosher?
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 04:49:24 am »

I copied and pasted the LIVEJOURNAL link into my browser.  AND THERE IT WAS.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
is this kosher?
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 05:41:55 am »

Pork chop?  

I would say definitely not kosher.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
is this kosher?
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 06:14:22 am »

god damn you miles. god damn you.


and yes, you're right, pork is very not kosher. my lunch table would mock me. Because for some reason they have an ongoing joke that I keep kosher. I cannot explain why. And when I get upset that they're making a joke out of me being jewish, which I'm not, they say "why are you so upset? Do you not like jewish people?"

But yeah, it was livejournal. I will not lie. I am not proud, but it's who I am. I am a horrible hipsterteen, and I have a livejournal. My interests list includes bad jokes, I post rants about stupid things I'm upset about, and all of my images are from achewood. All, I think, stolen from this board.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
is this kosher?
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 06:43:21 am »

It's because I care.  With proper intervention--a severe lashing from Bobby and Zart (if he ever shows his face again)--you can quit your hipster ways.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
is this kosher?
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 09:57:51 am »

There is nothing wrong with having a livejournal unless you use it to write poetry. I use mine to write rants about the state of the comic book industry, short stories in a furry shared-creator universe, and analyses of lesbian subtext in popular fiction and fringe graphic novels.

(I am mostly lying.)
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
is this kosher?
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 02:45:28 pm »

Quote from: "theinevitable"
and yes, you're right, pork is very not kosher. my lunch table would mock me. Because for some reason they have an ongoing joke that I keep kosher. I cannot explain why. And when I get upset that they're making a joke out of me being jewish, which I'm not, they say "why are you so upset? Do you not like jewish people?"


Wow, that sounds like a sort of backward workplace bullying.  The complex mental workings behind this facinate me.  Have you ever tried eating pork infront of them? I say you casually start carrying around a bag of pork rinds at work and see what happens.  Or maybe punch them.  Yeah, punch them.  Talk to Paul - he can teach you a lot about self contained hatred in the workplace.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
is this kosher?
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 06:54:27 pm »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
There is nothing wrong with having a livejournal unless you use it to write poetry. I use mine to write rants about the state of the comic book industry, short stories in a furry shared-creator universe, and analyses of lesbian subtext in popular fiction and fringe graphic novels.

(I am mostly lying.)


That's no excuse.

As long as you don't think you're a hippogriff and looking to hook up with a narhwal you're probably salvageable.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
is this kosher?
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 09:01:08 pm »

yeah...
the whole "Kosher" thing started on a silly misunderstanding which I didn't correct... and then did correct like a year later.

I don't like ham. Someone asked me if I was eating a ham sandwich, and apparently the way I said "no" sounded like I was really offended. And he replied "oh my god, I didn't even... yeah. I'm sorry."


That makes the story so much less cool. I should have come up with something better.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
is this kosher?
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 09:20:58 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Ben-San"
There is nothing wrong with having a livejournal unless you use it to write poetry. I use mine to write rants about the state of the comic book industry, short stories in a furry shared-creator universe, and analyses of lesbian subtext in popular fiction and fringe graphic novels.

(I am mostly lying.)


That's no excuse.

As long as you don't think you're a hippogriff and looking to hook up with a narhwal you're probably salvageable.

 
At my school, we have this English workshop where people come and share poetry, stories, plays and what have you and writers offer criticism and suggestions. I went to every meeting last year to until one certain story was brought in. This English major who regularly attended wrote a story that seemed to be a vampire-enlightened take on the Animorphs universe that also involved lesbians. When we were to begin commenting on the story, everyone just froze. Froze! I didn't go anymore after that. I guess I would feel bad being like "Next!" to someone because they're bringing in veiled slash.
Logged
I am older now.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
is this kosher?
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 03:14:12 am »

Quote from: "side_show"
Or maybe punch them.  Yeah, punch them.  Talk to Paul - he can teach you a lot about self contained hatred in the workplace.

My anger is working for me.  The lady who called me incompetent gave me a potted plant yesterday.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
is this kosher?
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2005, 02:43:03 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "side_show"
Or maybe punch them.  Yeah, punch them.  Talk to Paul - he can teach you a lot about self contained hatred in the workplace.

My anger is working for me.  The lady who called me incompetent gave me a potted plant yesterday.

~Paul


is it a trick?

like, if the plant dies, it proves something?

or, what if the plant is a plant?


perhaps it would be best to get rid of the plant.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
is this kosher?
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2005, 06:53:24 pm »

What would happen if you gave potted kudzoo to someone? Really, how crazy does that stuff grow?  If the answer if good, I know what I'm giving for Christmas!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up