These are two local bands that I saw last night:
Anatomy of a GhostThese guys are sort of just like that whole System of a Down/whatever vibe, with the heavy industrial thing and the vocals that sort of don't seem to match up. And I'm not totally into that, but I think it's worth me supporting a local band. They had a few songs that weren't just like noise. Also, their website actually has some nice design elements. As a side note: they are or were on the Vans Warped tour - I don't know the dates; it is probably over now.
The Roman CandlesThis is one of those kind of heavy pop bands - I guess like Hot Hot Heat or New Pornographers - that kind of feel. Of course, the band dissolved and reformed just a little while ago, so when I saw them they were half Roman Candles and half Anatomy of a Ghost, which is apparantly the lineup they'll be touring with. I got this album "Bang! Bang! Bang!" which is hella catchy, but is not being pressed anymore and will be re-recorded with the new lineup. Their website is not as pretty, but if you read the latest news, they invite you to join the band, so that's cool.
Both sites have MP3s - would it kill you to listen to them? Feel free to think they suck - as I say, I'm sort of just into local bands because I live at the ass-end of the planet so I don't get to hear much nice local stuff. Also, I am moving as soon as possible.