Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I'll have my stake medium rare  (Read 5536 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I'll have my stake medium rare
« on: December 05, 2005, 05:59:06 am »

New Restaurant in my neighborhood, they serve steakes.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
I'll have my stake medium rare
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 10:01:33 am »

The good Lord will provide.

(PS, that's a really long awning sign. I guess it is going around multiple walls but I am sort of envisioning it starting at the corner and continuing to proclaim their menu the entire length of the block.)
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
I'll have my stake medium rare
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 02:12:17 pm »

that reminds me of that snickers commercial where the gorundskeeper misssspelllls the home team's name (i will not mention it as i would hate to spoil it for anyone, it is hilarious).
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I'll have my stake medium rare
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 02:59:45 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
that reminds me of that snickers commercial where the gorundskeeper misssspelllls the home team's name (i will not mention it as i would hate to spoil it for anyone, it is hilarious).

You would hate to spoil a 5 year-old commercial that I don't think they even show any more?

Googaly-moogaly!
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
I'll have my stake medium rare
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 03:08:12 pm »

Hey, the next time you're being attacked by a vampire, eat at the New Restaurant in Paul's neighbourhood.

The next time you need to place a major bet at the track, stop by the New Restaurant in Paul's neighbourhood.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I'll have my stake medium rare
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 03:16:14 pm »

I bet they supply Steak on a Stake to Ren Faire's. Do they also serve Cheesecake on a Stick?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I'll have my stake medium rare
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 02:52:12 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Do they also serve Cheesecake on a Stick?
They might have cheesecayke.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I'll have my stake medium rare
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 02:58:51 am »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
(PS, that's a really long awning sign. I guess it is going around multiple walls but I am sort of envisioning it starting at the corner and continuing to proclaim their menu the entire length of the block.)

It's actually just one side of the restaurant.  It runs the entire front length of the store.   The more I think about it the more I believe it's a purposeful mistake because it's a professionally painted sign.

Unlike My cleaners Eleventh Street Cleaners, run by a vietnamese family, which got a new sign and suddenly became Eleven Street Cleaners.  I don't know if my telling them how embarrased I was had anything to do with it, but a few weeks later the th was back.

Funtimes.  sigh....

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I'll have my stake medium rare
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 03:00:56 am »

Quote from: "side_show"
The next time you need to place a major bet at the track, stop by the New Restaurant in Paul's neighbourhood.

It is an Italian restaurant so they may have a bookie in the back.  Wait, was that too terribly sterotypical?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
I'll have my stake medium rare
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 03:28:34 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Unlike My cleaners Eleventh Street Cleaners, run by a vietnamese family, which got a new sign and suddenly became Eleven Street Cleaners.  I don't know if my telling them how embarrased I was had anything to do with it, but a few weeks later the th was back.
~Paul


I used to quite enjoy the cuisine of Three Lucky Chinese Restaurant.

And there was an Indian place where I used to live named "Welcome To Indian Restaurant", or possibly just "Indian Restaurant". It was in one of those trailer-diner buildings. 50s Americana on the outside, tasty Indian cuisine on the inside.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
I'll have my stake medium rare
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 03:40:35 am »

My friend and I got a huge kick out of a sign that read, a few years ago:

OUR CUSTOMERS SAY

BEST FOOD IN TOWN

We never did take a picture of it.  But I always had in image in my mind of customers walking around, kind of chanting, "Best food in town.  Best food in town."  To this day if we go, when I'm down there visiting, we'll usually say something like "Shall we go to best food in town?"

It's a really good burger place, by the way.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
I'll have my stake medium rare
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2005, 04:00:57 am »

When I was in high school, Lincoln featured a restaurant named the New Wonderful Chinese Restaurant. I always thought that was the best name for a restaurant ever, and while I never ate there, I always admired it.
Logged

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
I'll have my stake medium rare
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 04:11:30 am »

Here in Kent, Ohio we had an old Dairy Mart type place that was closed up and for sale. Like a little convenience store. Well anyway some Middle Eastern family bought it, their daughter went to my high school. They named the store "Decent Food Mart". No kidding. I guess their just modest or something. As the story goes (from the high school grapevine) the owners looked up "good" in a Thesaurus and picked "decent" as a replacement. I don't know but it sounds believable to me.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
I'll have my stake medium rare
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2005, 07:34:36 am »

If you're in Chinatown up here, try to stop by Excellent Dumpling House. Not even "The" Excellent Dumpligh House- just Excellent Dumpling House. The more I read those words, the more disconnected they seem to me. It's like naming your restaurant "China Cat Sunflower" (that is, if that wasn't the name of a song).
The dumplings are EXCELLENT.
The wonton soup will, within one hour, make you lose 1/3rd of your body weight. Hopefully, you live around Chinatown. If not, good luck.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
I'll have my stake medium rare
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2005, 05:54:10 pm »

I put together a list of daycares recently for staff use, and Daycares have a tendancy to name themselves with the stupidest names, many with what I assume are intentional spelling errors - here are some of the names of local daycares:

Cuddles Infant Centre
Happiness is Daycare
Dante Day Nursery (Dante takes care of my children!)
Double Trouble Day Care
Explorer's Children's Centre (We care for Columbus' Kids!)
Giggles 'N Grins Children's Centre
Keep Childcare Inc. ( We have your child for keeps!)
Kid Gloves Day Care Inc.
Kidi-Garden Day Nurseries Inc.
Little Feet Child Care
Little Scholar Kollege (best bad spelling ever)
Lovin-N-Learnin Daycare
Mine & Yours
Mini-Skool
On The Move Inc.
Play-N-Learn
Stars of Promise Inc.
Sugar-n-Spice Kiddie Haven
Universal Daycare (where all the children in the universe go)
Wild Honey Children's Centre Inc.
Yours & Ours Child Care Inc.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up