Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005  (Read 5741 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

nationwide

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
« on: December 05, 2005, 12:05:14 pm »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12052005

It's like the Click Five to Cartilage Head's Joy Division. I guess. I know what the alt.text said, but maybe he shouldn't let the baby write comics for at least a couple more months.
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 12:21:33 pm »

Ha ha, this made me laugh.
And then the alt-text secured the funny.
First person to say "filler" gets injected with AIDs!
Logged

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 12:44:03 pm »

filler!
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

jcreed

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
    • http://jcreed.org
written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 01:37:21 pm »

A lesser comic artist would have not noticed that for the shoes to appear correctly while running in the opposite direction, Ray must reattach them on the other side. Now that's attention to detail.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 01:39:14 pm »

Quote from: "yu-huang"
filler!


If you make a post that has no content except to call the comic filler when you don't necessarily have that opinion but are just responding to someone else's threat and are presumably posting just for the sake of posting is your post still filler?

Damn I'm a hostile young man today.

I stared at a start new thread window for fully five minutes before I realised I had nothing to say about this comic that warranted a new thread. It made me laugh but only after I spent about a minute staring at it going 'what am I missing here?'

I do like the way Ray takes off the shoes then looks up, sees the audience still there and goes back to... whatever that is.

Would have liked it better without the alt-text, just because then thread title choosing would have been hell.

EDIT: OH God, they're not real shoes, holy shit I'm an idiot. I was wondering what the hell was going on.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 01:49:27 pm »

I assumed they were glowing shoes and had no idea WTF was happening in the fifth panel on. Now I am illuminated. Thanks, TOUAMB.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 01:57:39 pm »

While this one isn't very funny or interesting, it's hard to fault the man for trying to do something different, because when you pull off something weird that doesn't have any dialogue, man, that's fuck*ng entertainment.

This isn't, but they can't all be gems.  I will look for my free entertainment elsewhere today, I guess.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 02:40:57 pm »

*injects yu-huang with AIDs*
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 03:00:51 pm »

Quote from: "Doc"
Quote from: "yu-huang"
filler!


If you make a post that has no content except to call the comic filler when you don't necessarily have that opinion but are just responding to someone else's threat and are presumably posting just for the sake of posting is your post still filler?

Damn I'm a hostile young man today.


Oh you're just a little off your game because you found out that if you and your buddy are in the presence of an agresssive homo, the homo will choose your buddy, not you.  Don't worry Doc, you're lips are dick-suckable too.

Anyway, I really liked the strip - it's the weirdness of it that I enjoy.  I like that Ray is all full of some sort of back story we don't know that involves panic - he looks so damn scared.

Didn't make me laugh, but did make me ponder.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 03:01:10 pm »

Quote from: "cellardoor"
*injects yu-huang with AIDs*


Needle full of Hi-Five?
Logged
ACHIEVE

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 03:03:25 pm »

Quote from: "*****_god"
Quote from: "cellardoor"
*injects yu-huang with AIDs*


Needle full of Hi-Five?


How about a nice Hawaiian Punch?  *AD comes and sucker punches him in the gut*
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 03:10:11 pm »

I too thought Ray's shoes were glowing at first. I had to look at the rotating panels a couple times before I got it.

So is he on sentry duty or something?
Logged

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2005, 03:35:04 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
So is he on sentry duty or something?


Dude's only flauntin' his sick inkjet wingtips.  Lay off.

I enjoyed this strip immensely but it is only the latest to be categorized as It Would Be Unfortunate If This Was The First Achewood Strip A Person Saw.  (see also)
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2005, 03:45:33 pm »

It amused me, but in a chuckle-haha way.. not a way that makes me tingly in my #####.

It's very similar to Ray's antics with the Motorcycle.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2005, 03:59:34 pm »

coconut rum, anyone? in-tra-ve-nous coconut rum!?
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up