Christmas Vacation is a tradition in our family, but as it's one we tend to watch during the summer too, I'm pretty fuck*ng sick of it.
I just get all nostalgic for when they could still say "fuck" in PG-13 movies.
That might be the best line in the movie, too. But speaking of the MPAA rating system, and I may be wrong, isn't The Right Stuff PG? And didn't it feature "fuck" in one form or another at least twice? I'll never get the system. And you still hear it in PG-13 movies, I think. Anchorman, for example.
Two of my favorite movies ever are A Christmas Story and It's a Wonderful Life. I don't watch them all the time or anything, but I don't only watch them in December, either. I don't like many other Christmas movies.
I do, however, love a lot of the animated shorter movies around Christmas. The Peanuts one, the Grinch (again, the animated short), and the claymation ones. Frosty, too. I think there are some newer ones, but the older ones are the best. For some reason, even though I don't even decorate from Christmas (though I'm no Scrooge), I love those little movies.
As my Dad has traditionally started playing Christmas Music on November 1st, I'm not a huge fan of most of it. BBC 3 will be playing all Bach, all the time, this year (starting sometime in mid-December, I believe), and I tend to listen to a lot of Bach anyway, especially during the holidays for some reason, so that will be nice. I also like some of the stuff recorded by Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby--those guys. Other than that, Christmas music kind of puts me in a bad mood.