Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unknown Borneo beast caught on camera  (Read 3059 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Unknown Borneo beast caught on camera
« on: December 06, 2005, 11:47:41 pm »

Please click before you read on.  It's totally work safe.

So I was a little disappointed by the photograph, and the caption disappointed me when I realized that it turns out that in Sweden, WWF is something totally different than it is in the States.

Wait, after some quick google action, it turns out that I'm the only one that still associates WWF with professional wrestling?  When did this change?  I know that WWE exists, but has it replaced WWF?  And I also realize that I will get my ass e-kicked by the wrestling fanatics on the board.

And after some wiki action, turns out it happened in 2002?  After a 2000 lawsuit by the Word Wildlife Fund?  Huh.

The main thing is, if I saw that, I wouldn't be like "hmmm, a new species."  I would just think that it was simply a species I'd never seen before.  I expected something bigger and uglier and nastier, I guess.  The headline is a bit misleading.  Should read:  "Unknown Borneo cute critter caught on camera."
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Unknown Borneo beast caught on camera
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 11:59:22 pm »

whatever it is, I bet Chinese people eat it already.
Logged

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Unknown Borneo beast caught on camera
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 03:50:16 am »

We have wrestling fans on this board? Since when?
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Unknown Borneo beast caught on camera
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 03:59:05 am »

Check this out.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Unknown Borneo beast caught on camera
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 04:26:13 am »

Quote from: "Hobo Frenzy"
We have wrestling fans on this board? Since when?


A join date barely two weeks ago asking 'since when'?

Extra points for irony, chief.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Unknown Borneo beast caught on camera
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 05:21:09 am »

The wrestling people were allowed to use the WWF initials as long as they kept the "gold-bar" logo. In the 90's they switch the "scratch" logo and the other, much older, WWF sued their asses hence the change to WWE.

Between the WWF lawsuit and Marvel suing over "Hulk" the 80's were not kind to wrestling.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Unknown Borneo beast caught on camera
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 02:42:00 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

Between the WWF lawsuit and Marvel suing over "Hulk" the 80's were not kind to wrestling.


brother, don't forget the steroids, brother.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
Unknown Borneo beast caught on camera
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 06:50:23 pm »

At first I thought it was a tiny brontosaurus with it's butt on fire.  Thank you.

Also, that Bose ad on the page?  It looks like that woman on the right is hiding behind a large piece of toast.  Thank you for that, too.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Unknown Borneo beast caught on camera
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 07:01:09 pm »

I would like to tie the WWF and WWE together by saying thatm if I were a wrestler, I would wear a gorilla suit and be "THE BEAST FROM BORNEO!"
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Unknown Borneo beast caught on camera
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 07:47:33 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I would like to tie the WWF and WWE together by saying thatm if I were a wrestler, I would wear a gorilla suit and be "THE BEAST FROM BORNEO!"


Yes, perfect.  That could sell.

With the headline, and when I initially saw 'WWF', I was hoping the article would tell a story about the WWE looking for a new kind of beast to use in a publicity stunt involving the strongest men on earth wrestling the nastiest beasts.  Something like that flashed quickly through my mind.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1]   Go Up