Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: For I am a Rain Dog Too  (Read 4829 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« on: December 07, 2005, 01:21:53 pm »

Just a note to say that Mr. Tom Waits is 56 today, so you know... have some bourbon while listening to Rain Dogs.

Or just get on with your daily life as you normally would, as is your wont.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 02:16:13 pm »

Thanks for providing an excuse I mean a thoroughly sound reason for starting earlier today.
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 07:33:18 pm »

OK, Bozack and I just did shots.  Tom Waits is the only person who could make me drink on the internet.
Logged
goose means greedy

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 07:35:15 pm »

I'm also singing.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 08:25:24 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
OK, Bozack and I just did shots.  Tom Waits is the only person who could make me drink on the internet.


Exactly.. Tom Waits is the only person who I would write a post about Birthday-wise on the Internet... well, barring myself maybe (March 15th... gifts in the form of money and nubile young ladies please)...

So yeah... after work... it's Bourbon time for my main man Waits.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 08:41:57 pm »

Sweet.
Although I wish we could stop him ageing.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 09:18:44 pm »

I sure hope cachaça counts as bourbon-ey enough... not that it matters *now*, anyway, but
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 09:22:51 pm »

Hell no it doesn't.. dammit boy you're never gonna get the gravel voice with that claptrap.

Get thee to a crappy gas station and buy a fifth of Old Crow.  Then when you've damaged your taste buds enough you've proven yourself worthy of the Knob Creek.

(Note: Back in college I was poor and actually drank Old Crow on a fairly regular basis.  I was later heartened by the fact that William S Burroughs apparently loved the stuff, as if that made it better.  I can say this though.. after about 6 months of regular Old Crow brain soakings later it tends to not taste so bad... strange, but true.)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 11:40:58 pm »

My friends and I were split one time and watching a Star Search type program. It was muted while the Raindogs cd played through the stereo. We soon began laughing like crazy because the mannerisms and facial expressions of the performers on screen started mimicking Tom Waits' words  exactly. On the instrumental part of "Cemetery Polka", a lone woman in the audience was shown laughing and clapping like crazy. It was perfect - too perfect. Our jubilance turned to fear, and we spent the rest of the night cuddled together on the couch, terrified.
Logged
I am older now.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 12:04:25 am »

I have a bottle of Fleischmann's Prefered blended whiskey lying around, so I took a swig of that. Now I should probably gather up some coffee grounds, roll it into a cig using old newsprint and smoke it since I usually don't have tobacco lying around. Too bad I shaved yesterday.

Next year for Tom Waits' birthday I'll probably fly to Hong Kong, Shanghai or Singapore, where I will pass out drunk and get kidnapped by pirates.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 12:12:05 am »

I have indeed pounded back some cheap bourbon as of right now.. and luckily I am off work tomorrow!  WOoo HOO...

God's Away on Business is playing right now.. I have the whole discography queued up...  am I insane?  Quite likely, but for this reason I am not.

My typing is always impeccable.. even when drunken.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 12:49:26 am »

If anybody comes to pay me a visit, I'll take you to see where they make Old Crow.  And Knob Creek.  

Or Blanton's, Wild Turkey, Makers Mark, Jim Beam or what have you.

This offer does not apply to B or B.  They can go see the Old Forester distillery on their own.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 02:44:37 am »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
My typing is always impeccable.. even when drunken.


Quit gragging.
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 02:59:28 am »

I had Knob Creek; andalucia had some sort of brandy crap, because she wasn't tough enough for the ol' Southern Comfort (my gay porno name, coincidentally). It ain't bourbon, but it's gettin' closer.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
For I am a Rain Dog Too
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2005, 03:20:58 am »

Quote from: "yu-huang"
Quote from: "misterqueue"
My typing is always impeccable.. even when drunken.


Quit gragging.


Sorry, I didn't mean to grag.. it just happens.. or wait.. is the present tense form gragg.


Furthermore, I have gotten even further plastered here people.. this is necessary.

And AW.. does that mean I can pay a visit AND get free bourbon.. cause.. man.. I'm totally there already.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up