Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Poe Toaster  (Read 3697 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
The Poe Toaster
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2005, 07:09:29 am »

Bozack, gather a team laden with sniper rifles. Wear a stovepipe hat and a juacet with tails piped with burgundy. Train your team's rifles at the non-you Poe Toaster. Should their rifles sound, fall, count to four, then bolt.



This test requires a B- to pass. B- can be achieved by living through the ordeal.

I'll be grading on-site.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
The Poe Toaster
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2005, 09:21:27 am »

I imagine a converstation between the Ghost of Poe Toaster 1 and the new Poe Toaster 2 Going like this:

Toaster 1:  Son!  Oooooohhh! Son!  
Toaster 2: Oh, hey dad.  
T1:The time is drawing nigh for the annual toast.
T2: Yeah, whatever.
T1: T'is a grand tradition!  You must carry the torch!
T2: Yeah, okay.
T1: You must honour...
T2: Yeah, yeah, "honour Poe's spirit through the toasting of spirits."  I know dad, you've told me, like, twenty times.
T1: I have passed the torch to you - t'is your chance to have the world listen.
T2: Come on dad, the world isn't listening, just a few goth weirdos.
T1: 'Weirdos?' Poe's readers are not, as you, say "wierdos," but rather those who know the darkness...
T2: Yeah, "the darkness of the human soul."  I got it dad, you tell me the same stuff every year.
T1: Fine.
T2: Fine.
T1: So... what message wilt thou you offer this year?
T2: Message?  Oh, man, I don't know...
T1:  It's needs to be a message...
T2: "bourne of a passion," yeah, I know dad.
T1:  What whilt thou message be?
T2: I don't know... I've been thinking, maybe something about the Xbox 360.
T1: The Xbox 360?
T2: It's a video game machine.
T1: (disolving into vapor) Oh curses upon the heavens, the young one does not comprehend the task at had... T'is a dark nigh of the human soul... Oh, darkness... darkness... darkness....
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
The Poe Toaster
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 01:57:33 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
T2: It's a video game machine.


I'm a sucker for all things steampunk, so of course I died a little death upon reading this term.
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
The Poe Toaster
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 01:59:33 pm »

I do have to laugh a little bit about the controversy the Toaster Watchers are in arms about concerning T2's forays into commentary. About how the new toaster is not keeping with the solemnity of the the tradition of the thing. T1 wasn't doing it for YOU, motherfuckers. He was doing it for himself, and on another level, for the dead author he likes. T2 is doing it, probably, for his dad, or his uncle, or whatever. The ritual is theirs, not yours.

One year he should do it in a clown costume and leave a half empty PBR on the grave to remind them of that.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up